BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

04-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
Spoolin335
Justin Herass
Canada
Rep
Drives: X6M / M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 Audi TTRS  [10.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [9.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
The Largest Street Gang in America

Very good video, long but worth the watch if you have some free time.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=54162036

Watching videos like this make me want to go back to school to become a lawyer. Sure every story has two sides, but there is absolutely no excuse for police brutality. Nobody deserves to get beaten, especially if they have done nothing wrong.

I am not saying everyone in that video is innocent, but it is obvious in many of those cases that the officer is way over stepping. I noticed someone said 'police work is stressful and you can crack causing you to lose it one someone'. Sure this is true, but it doesnt make it right. If you can not handle your job you should not be a cop. If a cop ever threatened me like this for no absolute reason i would go as far as i can with the law to make sure justice is served.

This video is obviously very one sided. Cops do a lot of good work, but it drives me absolutely insane when i see good law abiding citizens getting treated like shit by the long dick of the law.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
aut0sh0cker
meh
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997.2 C4S

It seems like most of the people who are being harassed are being very belligerent or otherwise showing a complete lack of respect toward the officers. You combine that with a very stressful job that receives little to no positive recognition by the general public and I can understand how a few cops here and there just "lose it" one day.

Does that make it right? No. But I'm pretty positive that these incidents hardly happen to someone who is polite and respectful, not just toward law officers, but just in the general conduct of themselves.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #3
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aut0sh0cker View Post
It seems like most of the people who are being harassed are being very belligerent or otherwise showing a complete lack of respect toward the officers. You combine that with a very stressful job that receives little to no positive recognition by the general public and I can understand how a few cops here and there just "lose it" one day.

Does that make it right? No. But I'm pretty positive that these incidents hardly happen to someone who is polite and respectful, not just toward law officers, but just in the general conduct of themselves.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
      04-07-2010, 02:41 AM   #4
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by aut0sh0cker View Post

I'm sorry, but did you watch and see the kid who was arrested and put face down on the floor at the train station? He was zero threat, couldn't even move. That is the best situation (from the officers point of view) to be in. His friends had their arms up and against the wall. The police officer took out his gun and shot the kid, handcuffed lying face-down on the floor. That's fucking bullshit. That kid died.

Call it a stressful job or whatever the fuck excuse you want to give the cops. I say it's bullshit. There's a fine line between enforcing the law and being a dick with power.

I also STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND why that woman was the one ARRESTED when she called police for help. I also don't understand why seven people had to be in a jail cell to remove her clothes, or for that matter why she was stripped and left naked in a jail cell by herself. The fuck is that? Where does a small woman pose any sort of threat to an officer who carries a tazer, bat, and a gun? Sure, she might have not been the most polite and collected person. But honestly, I wouldn't have been either. Not when I call them for help and they're beating my ass to the floor and strip me naked.

I don't hate police by the way. They've helped me out in the past and I'm VERY grateful. But watching this video made me cringe.

Last edited by Vanity; 04-07-2010 at 02:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 03:03 AM   #5
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
I'm sorry, but did you watch and see the kid who was arrested and put face down on the floor at the train station? He was zero threat, couldn't even move. That is the best situation (from the officers point of view) to be in. His friends had their arms up and against the wall. The police officer took out his gun and shot the kid, handcuffed lying face-down on the floor. That's fucking bullshit. That kid died.

Call it a stressful job or whatever the fuck excuse you want to give the cops. I say it's bullshit. There's a fine line between enforcing the law and being a dick with power.

I also STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND why that woman was the one ARRESTED when she called police for help. I also don't understand why seven people had to be in a jail cell to remove her clothes, or for that matter why she was stripped and left naked in a jail cell by herself. The fuck is that? Where does a small woman pose any sort of threat to an officer who carries a tazer, bat, and a gun? Sure, she might have not been the most polite and collected person. But honestly, I wouldn't have been either. Not when I call them for help and they're beating my ass to the floor and strip me naked.

I don't hate police by the way. They've helped me out in the past and I'm VERY grateful. But watching this video made me cringe.
Most of that stuff was pretty old, the cop who shot the kid in the train station was charged with murder so he got what he deserved.

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 03:23 AM   #6
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
Most of that stuff was pretty old, the cop who shot the kid in the train station was charged with murder so he got what he deserved.
I feel better...
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 08:14 AM   #7
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

sometimes their badges get to heavy for their shirt IMHO

Ok maybe more than sometimes
      04-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
Aija
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335Coupe 6-Speed!

Quote:

As someone stated, the cop did get charged for murder. He will be tried this summer. Family is suing for 25million i believe.

I was at the scene one hour after this shootout had happened. Happened in New Years 2009 at the Bart Station. After this event, alot of chaos broke down in Oakland for a week (as if there isnt already enough chaos down there).
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #9
len56
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a gentleman

this is why i want to privatize the defense industry.

and by that I mean have my own iron man suit.

edit: LMAO at 4:56 the cop is arresting everyone in sight lol "ur under aarrrreest! and ur under aaarest too!" (best i can type a southern accent :P)
      04-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #10
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep
Drives: ????

scary stuff.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #11
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

in other news, myspace still exists
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #12
DBFIU
Crack Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
in other news, myspace still exists
win
      04-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #13
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

i just watched the entire video. i don't really know what to say. it's worth a watch.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #14
HighBeam$
Rep
Drives: Not an m3 yet :[

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aija View Post
As someone stated, the cop did get charged for murder. He will be tried this summer. Family is suing for 25million i believe.

I was at the scene one hour after this shootout had happened. Happened in New Years 2009 at the Bart Station. After this event, alot of chaos broke down in Oakland for a week (as if there isnt already enough chaos down there).
Oakland will take any reason to go apeshit on themselves. When the Raiders got destroyed in the superbowl people rioted and looted a bunch of shops downtown to make themselves feel better.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 03:35 AM   #15
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

I hate cops.. well not all, but most are fkn dicks.
      04-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #16
ARMAN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

I have no respect for Police officers. Im feel sad for them really. Most of them are POS who chose to join the Police because they cant get a job anywhere else. Most of them dont even have a college degree.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #17
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMAN View Post
I have no respect for Police officers. Im feel sad for them really. Most of them are POS who chose to join the Police because they cant get a job anywhere else. Most of them dont even have a college degree.
That's probably the most ignorant statement I have EVER heard.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #18
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

Quote:

We're just people... I advise you read this: http://www.prisonexp.org/... If you don't know it already... point is, we all learn to act acording to our circumstances... as a police officer, you are BOUND to become "evil" eventually, no matter how good you are inside... It's the same with soldiers in Iraq, etc, etc...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #19
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_o_S View Post
We're just people... I advise you read this: http://www.prisonexp.org/... If you don't know it already... point is, we all learn to act acording to our circumstances... as a police officer, you are BOUND to become "evil" eventually, no matter how good you are inside... It's the same with soldiers in Iraq, etc, etc...
yes im a soldier and i become evil while in iraq. when im do convoys i get on the speaker and do the whole muahhahahaha
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #20
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopealle View Post
yes im a soldier and i become evil while in iraq. when im do convoys i get on the speaker and do the whole muahhahahaha
"evil", not evil, you know what I mean... every situation affects our mental state of mind...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #21
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

We had an incident here in Champaign recently where a cop shot a young kid who was suspected of breaking into a house. He actually had permission to be at the house. There was supposedly no struggle, but the kid ended up shot and died. The investigation concluded the cop just made a mistake and took no action against him.

How the f**k is it a "mistake" when the gun has to come out of the holster, be taken off safety, pointed at the kid, and have the trigger pulled? Especially considering there was no struggle or physical resistance from the kid?

I'm still waiting for the lawsuit to be announced. It's got to be coming.

I have a couple of friends who are/were cops. One was a state trooper who was in charge of fatal accident investigations. Got to hand it to them, they have to deal with the scum of society and dead bodies and injured people. It's a tough, tough job. It's a wonder more people don't get shot for minor stuff.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #22
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Anyone know where to get a police complaint form? I need one.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread