BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

03-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #23
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

What makes you think a matte finish is anymore porous than the gloss finish? It wouldn't be used if it was porous as it would offer no protection to the underlying metal.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 03:12 AM   #24
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Well I have just been offered a "Frozen Grey" 25th " E60 M5 a couple of months old with 2700 miles on it, it has many extras and I have offered £48K for it.
It cost £78K new in May 2010. This is a very rare car I am told, only a handful in the UK, is this true?.
My concerns are the paint finish but at the price I may bite. Your thoughts guys please.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #25
jbeene
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 435i GC

I think all the hype about fg is overblown. I've had mine for month and so far with exception of everyone having to touch it it has been the easiest color and finish I've ever had.

It is a dust magnet but it cleans up very easily and with a Griots silicone blade and microfibre dry towel it dries up in a snap with no spots or streaks or the nonsense I went through with my jb e90.

I probably wash it as much as I used to wash my jb m3 but it always looks clean.

Though therre is nothing quite like a properlycared for and detailed jb m3, it's a fantastic color.

To the op, let us know if you pulled the trigger. Afik you and I will have the only fg sedans in North America at this stage.

Btw, I have had moe props about this car than any previous car I've had.

Never thought a grey car would get so much attention. Not that I want it, I just thought the cops might miss it...
      10-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #26
Mr.MichaelM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3XC

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Many of those restrictions sound like utter BS. It is a car, a production car, not a fragile work of art. I call BS specifically on:

a - any car can be clayed and waxed
b - for the most part soap is soap
c - bugs should be removed from any car regularly but 2 days is BS
f - generally true of any car

What is the source of this information? Show me a quote or I say BS

I work for BMW we have a frozen Gray M3 here right now. I can take a picture of a WARNING SIGN THAT SAYS NO CLAYBAR WAX AND THE CAR SHOULD ONLY BE WASHED WITH SOAP AND WATER. THE BUGS DOESN'T MATTER UNLESS YOU LEAVE THEM ON FOR WEEKS. I CAN TAKE A PIC ON MY IPHONE TO PROVE IT TO YOU AS WELL IF YOU STILL THINK IT'S BS COMMING FROM SOMEONE WHO WORKS HERE AT BMW
Appreciate 0