BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

10-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #133
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Jerez/Fox Red E92 M3

Eisenmann Race Performance/VRS front lip 1x1/VRS type II diffuser 1x1/VRS single side trunk with Fade/19" HRE C90's/RE SSK/H&R Sport springs /35% tint/Painted reflectors/Painted side markers with dark tint LED's/Tinted tail lights/Front grilles/Hardwire V1
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #134
C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

AWESOME!
      10-26-2008, 05:35 AM   #135
Anben G
Rep
Drives: M3

LED

Hi,

Any idea when the rear led's will be lauched?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #136
rcornelius
Faster
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe Melbourne Red/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
Gentlemen,

I proudly present my 2009 M3 Jet Black E92 (US Spec). I am pretty sure that this is the first 2009 M3 on this forum. We have all seen plenty of JB before, but I think that these pics should finally put an end to any doubts that anyone is having about iDrive in 2009 models. The single CD slot and, more importantly, new iDrive controller are definitive proof. I had the lady at the dealership take these for me, so I don't have a screenshot of the iDrive menu yet. I don't think it will be necessary because we've already seen some, but I can get one if anyone absolutely must see it.

I am so happy I am out of my skin. Finally I feel that feeling that many of you have felt over the past year. I couldn't relate to it until now. I don't even know what to say! The car actually arrived early Monday, but I didn't want to post anything until I had pics...so I have been waiting patiently the last 24 hours. In case you are curious, the car is a Week 36 build, and I am a military sales customer so the car was trucked directly from Munich to the dealership. It got done with production on Friday and went out on the truck first thing Monday morning!

As you can see, the car is a bit dirty from truck transpo up from Munich, but the odometer is at ZERO!!! Like I said, I am incredibly excited. Not only did I want to share with all of you for personal reasons, but I also wanted to post this up right away because I know that many of you US customers who had Week 36 are in a terrible waiting phase while your car crosses the ocean. Hopefully seeing my car will help cure any doubts you might have had.

Cheers!!

-BW
Big Windy,,, NICE Ride, I almost ordered Black, but got the Melborne Red. Black on black is still my favorite. NICE!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 12:41 PM   #137
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

3500km on the clock now. Car is running great. JB is certainly a chore to keep clean, but I got the PC and the rest of the detailing stuff out this weekend. So after the car was clean I obviously had to get out the camera. Thought I'd share this one with the group. The red lights in the distance are traffic from A6. I could not be happier with where I live!!!

I'm not going to bore anyone with my own review, because there are plenty of them out there. A few notes though:
-I wish that servotronic could be configured separate from Mdrive, but that is not anything new.
-I'm stuck at around 15.5 mpg, which I guess is to be expected.
-The new iDrive is great, and it becomes more useful each day as I learn to use the shortcuts and the voice commands. The voice command system is probably one of the biggest improvements from Gen 1. It is actually functional now, and it is more like having a conversation with your car instead of having to wait for beeps and cues like the old system. Good job BMW!
-CA works great, and is very compatible with the OEM alarm system which I recently installed. Definitely nice to have that audible confirmation.
-Also just noticed the USB port in the glove box. I have 6FL so I have one in the arm rest, but just noticed today when looking for the flashlight that there is a port back there. Hmmm...

Anyway, those of you waiting on your cars, you are certainly in for something special!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #138
nullspace
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 m40i

Quote:
-Also just noticed the USB port in the glove box. I have 6FL so I have one in the arm rest, but just noticed today when looking for the flashlight that there is a port back there. Hmmm...
That's for copying music to the car's hard drive.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #139
Speedtrap
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A very fast car :)

Very very nice
      11-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #140
rcornelius
Faster
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe Melbourne Red/Black

Quote:
Guys,

It might be better for me to throw this in the iDrive review that I posted a few nights ago, but I noticed something interesting about the steering wheel up/down buttons today when trying to select a song. They are backwards. Up is used to go back, and down is used to go forward. I could swear that my 335i was the other way around, but I guess it is possible that this is just how the M3 is. I haven't seen anyone else mention this before, so I'm banking that this might have to do with the new iDrive.

Thought it was worth a mention...maybe someone can tell me that I am wrong and that it has always been like this.
Big Windy, NICE pics. My up and down is the same way and I first thought that something was wrong. But if I look at my screen when music is playing when using the steering wheel buttons it makes more sense. The Up button moves the music selection back up one on the screen, when selecting the down button moves the music selection down one on the screen. Where did you get your front side markers filled at?

Last edited by rcornelius; 11-16-2008 at 04:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #141
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcornelius View Post
Bid Windy, NICE pics. My up and down is the same way and I first thought that something was wrong. But if I look at my screen when music is playing when using the steering wheel buttons it makes more sense. The Up button moves the music selection back up one on the screen, when selecting the down button moves the music selection down one on the screen. Where did you get your front side markers filled at?
roesch+maurer BMW dealership in the area. wasn't cheap at all, but my bumper was involved in an accident so i figured it was a good time to have it done it looks perfect now though!
Appreciate 0