BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

12-24-2019, 08:21 AM   #23
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Wasn’t your engine having issues at the time? If so, the tuning may not have been fully developed. I agree 10 rwhp would not motivate me to spend $3500. But it could be more. I don’t really think we know. I would want to get input from a shop that tunes and races like Epic (Bimmerworld uses Epic for tuning as well). There may be other shops, but it seems to me that the shops that own a dyno, tune and race will have the most experience.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 08:45 AM   #24
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Wasn’t your engine having issues at the time? If so, the tuning may not have been fully developed. I agree 10 rwhp would not motivate me to spend $3500. But it could be more. I don’t really think we know. I would want to get input from a shop that tunes and races like Epic (Bimmerworld uses Epic for tuning as well). There may be other shops, but it seems to me that the shops that own a dyno, tune and race will have the most experience.
It seemed to run well, then went kaboom. So sad

Anyway i have my 284s along with upgraded valve springs sitting around. $1500 takes the lot
Appreciate 0