BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-15-2009, 03:20 PM   #89
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Volt... Finally man. congrats. Now time to burn some rubber.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #90
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
Volt... Finally man. congrats. Now time to burn some rubber.
Hopefully not too distant, mate Hey, look on the bright side: I have about 4-5 weeks' more PS2 rubber than I would have had, had the car made it through in normal time

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #91
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

08-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #92
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

08-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #93
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: IB BB E90 M3

Congrats! I hope they expedite it through all of the VDC and dealership checks for you so you can get it sooner.

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #94
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

ETA late next week

Well, just off the phone w/ BMW ED. Good news: my car's condition was OK so they were able to release it to the trucking company today and it will be in SC by Friday.

Now, those of you who know your geography will question - as I did - the indirectness of a route from NJ -> TX via SC! BMW's NJ t'port company does not go to TX, so the ///M must be taken to the VPC in SC and then be taken by another trucking company to Austin.

Assuming I get the car by late next week, that would be 10 weeks since drop-off.

Now, BMW NA - although the Customs' delay is beyond their control - did offer to make a partial payment for me - I will be making my 3rd payment this week.

Man, I know this next 10 days or so are going to draaaag. But the end's in sight!

///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #95
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
Well, just off the phone w/ BMW ED. Good news: my car's condition was OK so they were able to release it to the trucking company today and it will be in SC by Friday.

Now, those of you who know your geography will question - as I did - the indirectness of a route from NJ -> TX via SC! BMW's NJ t'port company does not go to TX, so the ///M must be taken to the VPC in SC and then be taken by another trucking company to Austin.

Assuming I get the car by late next week, that would be 10 weeks since drop-off.

Now, BMW NA - although the Customs' delay is beyond their control - did offer to make a partial payment for me - I will be making my 3rd payment this week.

Man, I know this next 10 days or so are going to draaaag. But the end's in sight!

You are a very patient person...I can't believe the run around they've been giving you. What an ordeal! I would have lost it by now.
      08-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #96
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
You are a very patient person...I can't believe the run around they've been giving you. What an ordeal! I would have lost it by now.
Well, not been as patient as I may sound - plenty of swearing and angst at my end.

But I have to be fair also: BMW NA had no control over the Customs delay. The lack of processing efficiency by CBP is pretty stunning: and not in a good way! I can only assume CBP's resources are stretched too thin.

Hey, we've lost 6.7m jobs so far in this recession: maybe it's time for CBP to do some more hiring

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #97
Eau Rouge
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Well, not been as patient as I may sound - plenty of swearing and angst at my end.

But I have to be fair also: BMW NA had no control over the Customs delay. The lack of processing efficiency by CBP is pretty stunning: and not in a good way! I can only assume CBP's resources are stretched too thin.

Hey, we've lost 6.7m jobs so far in this recession: maybe it's time for CBP to do some more hiring
It is good to hear that the CBP finally decided to let you have YOUR car back.

Maybe some at CBP should get axed to get some new blood in the system. Do you think they would have a held a member of Congress' ED car this long? And those guys are supposed to work for us, right? Maybe your congressman would like to hear from you on this glaring instance of bureaucratic inefficiency.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #98
srim3
V8 M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85 Z4

Hey Voltigeur, I was just reading this thread and first of all congrats on the M3, and once again for clearing Customs ! Just thinking of your 6+ weeks of agony but patiently waiting, I am almost losing my patience since my M3 is stuck at the NJ VPC since 08/07. I see your car will be transported to Austin. May be both our cars might be transported to BMW of Austin at the same time.

May be see you at one of the Tejas Chapter event soon. I attend events there regularly.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #99
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau Rouge View Post
It is good to hear that the CBP finally decided to let you have YOUR car back.

Maybe some at CBP should get axed to get some new blood in the system. Do you think they would have a held a member of Congress' ED car this long? And those guys are supposed to work for us, right? Maybe your congressman would like to hear from you on this glaring instance of bureaucratic inefficiency.
Thank you Sir! Without going into details - see my 'flag' - I was unable to importune 'my' Congressman/woman. I would if I could have availed myself of that option. But in the spirit of your response, I agree, they are supposed to be working for us.

And no: I seriously doubt a politician's car would be held back like this. What's worse, is that I have been told that there are others whose cars are held back over 4 weeks - what is going on?!

Last edited by Voltigeur; 08-22-2009 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #100
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srim3 View Post
Hey Voltigeur, I was just reading this thread and first of all congrats on the M3, and once again for clearing Customs ! Just thinking of your 6+ weeks of agony but patiently waiting, I am almost losing my patience since my M3 is stuck at the NJ VPC since 08/07. I see your car will be transported to Austin. May be both our cars might be transported to BMW of Austin at the same time.

May be see you at one of the Tejas Chapter event soon. I attend events there regularly.
I would have made today's "Rally" event had my car been delivered in a normal timeframe

And, I was most definitely not patient = Being of my nationality - well known for a 'tart' turn of phrase - I have used many, many 'bad' words. I have also become very well known to BMW NA's ED Dept to the point that they say, when I call, "yes, we know of you ...", or "of your car's situation". However, I am always polite with ED as they were not in control of the delay. That being said, as a customer, I have the right to inquire about the status of an expensive - for me - asset.

I do have an update to post on with respect to an anomalous BMW web/tracking report but will do that separately.

Hope we can go for a spin in our ///M dreis soon.

Last edited by Voltigeur; 08-22-2009 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: added photo
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #101
Eau Rouge
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Thank you Sir! Without going into details - see my 'flag' - I was unable to importune 'my' Congressman/woman. I'm would if I could have availed myself of that option! But in the spirit of your response, I agree, they are supposed to be working for us.

And no: I seriously doubt a politician's car would be held back like this. What's worse, is that I have been told that there are others whose cars are held back over 4 weeks - what is going on?!
Someday you'll be a Texan first, Aussie second. Kudos for you flag actually being relevant to your heritage; if only the flags of every member were equally informative. Regardless, congressmen take up causes for illegals, why should they care any less for you, a LEGAL resident?!

It is ridiculous. It seems that the more hi-tech gear is appropriated to improve efficiency, bureaucracy's pace slows.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #102
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Someday you'll be a Texan first, Aussie second.
I think these 'nationalities' are quite comparable Yes, I know I can get a lot of 'push back' on this, but the facile points comprise:

* vast, scorched, land masses
* displacement of native popns
* variegated climates / geographies
* net migration
* new world and old world (aboriginal)
* growth: economic, population ...
* resource based economies .. then growth of knowledge-based
* multicultural - in the sense that the 'other' can become the 'typical'
* increasingly a location for higher margin industries *as compared with the past*

And, reiterating, likely to grow in economic importance in C21: for different reasons. For Oz, China is the growth-linked trajectory; for Tejas, more about an internal shift within an economic engine - the U.S.

Cheers,

-- V

And there are differences ... one of which is about the health debate the US is engaged in. Australians' longevity is higher at much lower % cost / GDP - I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by Voltigeur; 08-22-2009 at 07:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #103
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Someday you'll be a Texan first, Aussie second. :
Don't do it V-man! Eau Rouge - I love texas... I truely respect its people but the Aussie in me couldn't support V-man changing to texan first :P

Quote:
I think these 'nationalities' are quite comparable Yes, I know I can get a lot of 'push back' on this, but the facile points comprise:

* vast, scorched, land masses
* displacement of native popns
* variegated climates / geographies
* net migration
* new world and old world (aboriginal)
* growth: economic, population ...
* resource based economies .. then growth of knowledge-based
* multicultural - in the sense that the 'other' can become the 'typical'
* increasingly a location for higher margin industries *as compared with the past*

And, reiterating, likely to grow in economic importance in C21: for different reasons. For Oz, China is the growth-linked trajectory; for Tejas, more about an internal shift within an economic engine - the U.S.

Cheers,

-- V

And there are differences ... one of which is about the health debate the US is engaged in. Australians' longevity is higher at much lower % cost / GDP - I'll leave it at that.
+1 - We are very similar certainly is interesting to see how Australia/America is quite similar and linked to each other... although that can typically change depending on the heads of government!
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #104
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Waiting:

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 05:28 AM   #105
SnowGator
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 M3 Sedan

crickets chirping

Truck get lost?
      09-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #106
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowGator View Post
crickets chirping

Truck get lost?
He picked it up already. I'm sure he's just busy with work right now. September is traditionally a busy month in his line of work.
      09-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #107
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Two speakers blown - by whom?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
He picked it up already. I'm sure he's just busy with work right now. September is traditionally a busy month in his line of work.
Sorry guys! TLUd was right: I have been working like a madman; need to pay for this M3 somehow! In fact working at home this w/end.
Also been a bit under the weather.

Well, news is this: YES, I have the M3 - woo hoo!

BUT, I also stayed off the board for a bit as I didn't want to fulminate too much about what had happened to my M.

Basically the CA called & says: "Before pick-up we have to repair the TWO BLOWN speakers. Rock on!"

I email and in sum, "WTF! I never even played the stereo ..."

CA gets back to me and says: "I found the EQ settings maxed out ..." Again, WTF!

So, what do you think happened: my take is that someone decided to use my car to play music for everyone in the vicinity of 1/2 mile.

End rant.

It's raining here today - yay - otherwise I would be posting photos of my new baby. To be done.

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 06:13 PM   #108
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

v-man.... good to here that customs is doing a "Bang" up job... excuse the pun. WTF. Anyway. Glad that that was the extent of the damage.

Good luck and enjoy your ride!
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #109
wmo168
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Need one!

Quote:
Sorry guys! TLUd was right: I have been working like a madman; need to pay for this M3 somehow! In fact working at home this w/end.

BUT, I also stayed off the board for a bit as I didn't want to fulminate too much about what had happened to my M.

Basically the CA called & says: "Before pick-up we have to repair the TWO BLOWN speakers. Rock on!"

CA gets back to me and says: "I found the EQ settings maxed out ..." Again, WTF!

So, what do you think happened: my take is that someone decided to use my car to play music for everyone in the vicinity of 1/2 mile.

End rant.

It's raining here today - yay - otherwise I would be posting photos of my new baby. To be done.

Maybe the custom people play the music loud or they cut up the speaker and see if there is anything hiding in there...

Sad...

[ED Photo 12'] [ED Photo 11'] [ED Photo 09'] [PCD Photo 09']
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #110
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Quote:

End rant.

Hello voltigeur,

I might be in the same situation you've been in 2009. My ED car has arrived at port on 09/30 10 days ago and according to my CA is still held at customs. I have read this whole thread and another on bimmer's forum. I am outraged at reading that they blew up 2 speakers in your car and that the EQ was set at max which is evidence of foul play. Did you note down the mileage when the car eventually got to your dealer ? Your mileage at drop-off is written down in the drop off document. I swear if my car is also abused by CBP, I will sue them to the full extend of the constitutional laws, I don't care how far it will have to be taken and how long this will take and I don't care how much it is going to cost me because this kind of abuse is inadmissible, this is obvious corruption in the system and it has to be uncovered and eradicated. When they are supposed to keep us safe instead they abuse people's property which is evident in your case.
I am an honest person who worked hard to afford such a car and such abuse should not be let perpetrated again and again, after us who else ? Don't even get me started..

You are extremely patient, if my car comes in the state yours was I am not going to accept that, period. We do have constitutional rights. This is not acceptable.
Appreciate 0