BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

EXXEL Distributions

10-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
digi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

Need help!

Ok this may be a dumb question but this is all I've got left, so bear with me. I recently signed up for a track day at CMP. However in the midst of all the preparations(pad, tire, fluid etc.) and my busy schedule( I own a retail business), I nearly forgot to renew my drivers license. It just expired on my birthday yesterday so I went to the local DMV to renew it. To my surprise, I was denied renewal due to a pending lawsuit from an accident 11 years ago while I was living in another state. I was crushed, confused and angry. Mind you this is my first ever track day that finally worked out since I basically got my first car. So my anticipation was pretty high. Anyways, long story short, I contacted lawyers and it can be resolved but just not in time for the event. So.... My question for you guys is how do they check the validity of your license at the track? Do they inspect the expire date thoroughly, through a system, or just kind of glance at it? Reason I ask is because my license is in bad shape to begin with- it's partly faded and the last digit on the year of expiration is totally faded. So it just reads xx/xx/201 . I've gotten some slack for it at airports and from cops, but just never got around to replacing it. Soooo, what are my chances they may "slip" by it? Or am I just f*cked and out of luck? Any input would be appreciated. TIA
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
I'm sure you'll be ok. They have no way to know whether it's actually valid other than what's on the license itself.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Super Duty

You will be fine, they check to make sure YOU are YOU.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
LiM3y
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Read the disclaimer you sign at the track. If it says you must have a current driver's license, then you need to make a decision on whether you sign or not.
      10-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
digi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

Thanks for the replies guys. I feel a little bit better now knowing there's a chance. Still crossing my fingers though....
Appreciate 0