BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Captain45
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 - SG

Hard time finding an M3

I've been trying to join the ranks of an M3 owner the past 6 months but I'm having a hard time finding what I'm looking for. Even with a BMW SA helping me out. What I'm looking for is not exactly rare, and probably quite the opposite.

My requirements are for a 09-11' E92, AW or SG w/ Fox Red int, 6MT, NAV, Carbon Fiber Roof, and 19's and preferably under 20k. CPO always a plus but not required.

I have not been able to find one meeting this using the means of (not sure if I can list the site so Im going to abbreviate it) ATrader.com. It seems i'll find one that meets most of my needs but then doesn't have Nav, or has Nav but has a moonroof etc. I am almost at the point of placing a new order with my SA but I have a hard time justifying the big depreciation the moment they are off the lot.

What means have you guys used to find your used M3's, did your SA help? If he/she did were they able to buy one out from another dealer and have it transferred in?

Any help would be appreciated as I'd like to be an M owner by summer time.

Last edited by Captain45; 03-19-2012 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

I was so lucky to find exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for a 6MT AW / FR / CF Roof / Alum Trim and I found exactly what I wanted. Be patient, even for me it took 7-8 months to find and negotiate a decent price.

GL with your search.

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

When you buy used u sometimes have to make compromises on color/trim etc..If you want it spec-d exactly your way..buy new build your own..otherwise keep searching..autotrader , cars.com etc

GL
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain45 View Post
I've been trying to join the ranks of an M3 owner the past 6 months but I'm having a hard time finding what I'm looking for. Even with a BMW SA helping me out. What I'm looking for is not exactly rare, and probably quite the opposite.

My requirements are for a 09-11' E92, AW or SG w/ Fox Red int, 6MT, NAV, Carbon Fiber Roof, and 19's and preferably under 20k. CPO always a plus but not required.

I have not been able to find one meeting this using the means of (not sure if I can list the site so Im going to abbreviate it) ATrader.com. It seems i'll find one that meets most of my needs but then doesn't have Nav, or has Nav but has a moonroof etc. I am almost at the point of placing a new order with my SA but I have a hard time justifying the big depreciation the moment they are off the lot.

What means have you guys used to find your used M3's, did your SA help? If he/she did were they able to buy one out from another dealer and have it transferred in?

Did you see this one ---> CLICK here to Open

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
When you buy used u sometimes have to make compromises on color/trim etc..If you want it spec-d exactly your way..buy new build your own..otherwise keep searching..autotrader , cars.com etc

GL

I bet if he accepted DCT, he would find his car a lot quicker.

6MT is for ricers...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #6
Captain45
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Peter View Post
Did you see this one ---> CLICK here to Open

That was posted on 09-29-2011, 09:59 AM. NOt sure if its still around but if It was still for sale I would jump on it.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post

GL
Correct ... I did this when I purchased my last 2011 AW/FR MT Basic no iDrive. Then changed my mind and had the dealer find me a new one fairly close to what I wanted this time fully loaded.

In retrospect I should have done that in the first place ... then you know what they say love is blind (I too fell in love with the AW/FR it did cost me dearly).

OP.

Find the right salesman he may help you find what you are looking for they can always ship it to a dealer near you for about $1,000- or you go and pick it up it be a great trip

If you purchase private make sure you get the car completely inspected by a BMW dealership, while they do that ask for extended warranty. This will ensure the inspection is done well, the report will aid as a negotiation tool.

Good Luck

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That was posted on 09-29-2011, 09:59 AM. NOt sure if its still around but if It was still for sale I would jump on it.
PM the fellow. You can try. Good luck

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post

6MT is for ricers...
Sorry to disagree ... it is for people that like the involvement ... both M-DCT or 6MT are nice it's just a matter of choice. I've always driven standards, it's just my choice.

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #10
Nine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Peter View Post
Sorry to disagree ... it is for people that like the involvement ... both M-DCT or 6MT are nice it's just a matter of choice. I've always driven standards, it's just my choice.
I was kidding

However, DCT cars are typically loaded with more options than their 6MT counter parts, especially in the older cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #11
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Doesn't seem like a hard car to find really.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:

6MT is for ricers...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I was kidding

However, DCT cars are typically loaded with more options than their 6MT counter parts, especially in the older cars.
Got ya .... of course you are right ... my 2002 ///m3 was a SMG Automatic with Paddles I loved it ... best of both worlds (a sort of half shift and automatic)

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #14
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:

When buying used, one needs to have a little more flexibility than what you seem to be presenting. If you want it the way you want it, just buy new.....damn the depreciation. An M3 is a passion purchase anyway.
      03-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #15
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
When buying used, one needs to have a little more flexibility than what you seem to be presenting. If you want it the way you want it, just buy new.....damn the depreciation. An M3 is a passion purchase anyway.
Agree. If you want to be that picky (and nothing wrong with that!) just buck up and order a new one. Besides, it's a good excuse to go to Munich!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #16
Nine
Banned
Rep

And another thing,

The under 20k limitation is larger restirction that people are noticing.

2009, potentially a car sold in 2008, with under 20k...yikes. Probably spent most of it's days in the shop. 2010, VERY VERY short run, not too many 2010 M3s around in general. Also, again 20k on a car that was potentially purchased 3 years ago...just not going to find that in big numbers.

What is your budget? Can you HONESTLY afford an M3? If so, why not lease or buy new? What is an extra 5k?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #17
Captain45
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
And another thing,

The under 20k limitation is larger restirction that people are noticing.

2009, potentially a car sold in 2008, with under 20k...yikes. Probably spent most of it's days in the shop. 2010, VERY VERY short run, not too many 2010 M3s around in general. Also, again 20k on a car that was potentially purchased 3 years ago...just not going to find that in big numbers.

What is your budget? Can you HONESTLY afford an M3? If so, why not lease or buy new? What is an extra 5k?

Actually finding them under 20k isn't that hard, especially for 10's and 11's. There are a ton of 11's with under 15k running for High $50k's (probably one year leases etc).

Can I honestly afford one? Yes. Is it easy to justify spending $20k more on a new '12 compared to a '11 with ~10k miles, No.

I think I could compromise on 18" and MAYBE give up the FR interior but that ones a toughy. And maybe I should just compromise and pick one that meets most of my wants but when I keep seeing Forum posts from members with their newly acquired used M3's with all the things I'm looking for it makes me wonder if I'm missing something here.

As far as DCT, I think i'd like it but regret it later. I love rowing gears and heel-toeing into corners.

But anyhow, did you guys go through your SA to find a used one to transfer in or just search around for dealers to work with?

Last edited by Captain45; 03-19-2012 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #18
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
If you are flexible on FR take a look at my ad... My car has everything that you are looking for and pretty darn unique since I've never seen the color combination in the US in person.

Silver Novillo IMO one of the most underrated interiors. I was sold the 1st time I saw it in Munich and came home and changed my order from FR to Silver.....

But if your requirements are a must then you should order a new one for sure.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...41&postcount=1
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #19
abehwang
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

I just found my car which is a 2008 with under 20k miles. Be patient, it'll be worth it in the end!

Fuelly :: Adelei's Gas Mileage
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #20
Captain45
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
If you are flexible on FR take a look at my ad... My car has everything that you are looking for and pretty darn unique since I've never seen the color combination in the US in person.

Silver Novillo IMO one of the most underrated interiors. I was sold the 1st time I saw it in Munich and came home and changed my order from FR to Silver.....

But if your requirements are a must then you should order a new one for sure.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...41&postcount=1
TTG,

Lets talk tomorrow. I have to run out for the night but I will send you a PM tomorrow afternoon.
Appreciate 0