BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #23
M3_Dust
Michelin Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Also, the advantage of Phoenix is the proximity of other places and easy reach -- Mexico Coast is 4 hours drive to the South (Rocky point), Vegas is 4 hours to the north, LA is 5 hours to the West.
Phoenix also has skiing accessible in the winter that is about 2.5 hours frive -- snowbowl, but not as good as in Santa Fe (Taos...)

Summers are bad -- 115+ every day (I have seen 134 there), evenings stay above 100.
Winters are heaven there...

Property taxes are super low in AZ/Maricopa Co, not sure about NM.
I am 34 years old and have lived in Phoenix my entire life, it has never reached 134F, it has reached 122F though.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #24
shift330
Blue Force Tracker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_Dust View Post
I am 34 years old and have lived in Phoenix my entire life, it has never reached 134F, it has reached 122F though.
+1 It's Phoenix not Ramadi

Stay safe 855th MP Company! Hosmer/Espinoza you're my boys!!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2009, 03:58 AM   #25
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

I would realy love to visit those states..........................the old west, just love it.....................Tombstone, the fabulous National Parks, the weather, the endless plaines...............................:

Just awesome............................
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #26
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

The real question is got money?
If so Scottsdale Arizona is the answer.
It's like the Los Gatos or Beverly Hills of Arizona.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #27
kingh
Rep
n/a
Drives:

New mexico/Arizona?

Why would any one move to Victorville? Not much there. I always had to drive where the action was when I was there.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #28
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayely1 View Post
Good info guys!! I want to move somewhere fun and nice and just not boring! I don't mean clubs all over, just anything lots a restaurants shops malls just a overall fun place. And that doesn't sound like Las Cruses! Keep it coming!!
When you come out west, you'll learn that eating, shopping, and going to clubs aren't the most fun things you could be doing. IMHO, people from the midwest and east just tend to default to those because 90% of the time it is either freezing cold, raining, or hot & humid (FYI- I lived in Ohio for three years).
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #29
jayely1
Colonel
Rep

What does everyone think of Albuquerque? I think thats the area we liked the most.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #30
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

honestly im actually starting to appreciate it.
The weather is gorgeous, and there really is more to do than meets the eye.

the only major draw back is the crime...

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #31
az335d
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335d

Paradise Valley > Scottsdale > Phoenix.

^ go for any of those. Great cities. Clean and money.

Albuquerque is just gross and all native american. I would HATE living there.
People are gross, rude, inconsiderate, despicable. The town is gross and ugly.
No good restaurants or anything.

If your parents have some $$ to drop on a house and want amazing views, tell them to move to Paradise Valley.
http://www.luxist.com/tag/paradise+valley/
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #32
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335d View Post

Albuquerque is just gross and all native american. I would HATE living there.
People are gross, rude, inconsiderate, despicable. The town is gross and ugly.
No good restaurants or anything.
wow dude

yes there are native americans here but is that really a reason to shun an entire area??

whats wrong with you?
just like any town there are good and bad areas

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #33
jayely1
Colonel
Rep

We didn't visit Phoenix but there was way more native americans in Tuscan then Albuquerque, I understand its further south but I was surprised how disappointing Tuscan was.

Unfortunately my parents don't have 12 millions dollars to spend on a house..More like $300,000-$350,000 range. They want to buy it outright without having a loan. They don't want to live in a big city thats real busy. Thats why they didn't want to check out Phoenix. Is there areas outside that have a lot to do that arn't busy but yet not dead?

I liked Albuquerque, but everyone says you will love skiing, but I don't ski so that wouldn't be appealing for me. What else is there to do? Thanks for the help

And we were looking at Rio Rancho..So what 20 min. from Albuquerque
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #34
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayely1 View Post
We didn't visit Phoenix but there was way more native americans in Tuscan then Albuquerque, I understand its further south but I was surprised how disappointing Tuscan was.

Unfortunately my parents don't have 12 millions dollars to spend on a house..More like $300,000-$350,000 range. They want to buy it outright without having a loan. They don't want to live in a big city thats real busy. Thats why they didn't want to check out Phoenix. Is there areas outside that have a lot to do that arn't busy but yet not dead?

I liked Albuquerque, but everyone says you will love skiing, but I don't ski so that wouldn't be appealing for me. What else is there to do? Thanks for the help

And we were looking at Rio Rancho..So what 20 min. from Albuquerque

if you want Phoenix look into either Goodyear or Avondale. theyre outside all the hustle and bustle but still close enough to the city to be able drive there within a few min.

and Rio Rancho is pretty barren right now, though they are building it up pretty rapidly
tell your parents to either check out the West Side more so than Rio.
(btw a basic thing in Abq is the closer towards the mountians/ the farther north you get the houses get progressively nicer. stay away from the valley and anything within a mile of Central though.)

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #35
az335d
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianangel3290 View Post
wow dude

yes there are native americans here but is that really a reason to shun an entire area??

whats wrong with you?
just like any town there are good and bad areas
No. that is not entirely why I shunned the entire area. The town is gross.
and why would you want to live in a town if you hate the people who live there?
Do you not like having other people around?
Here is PV/Scottsdale/Phoenix everyone hold doors for each other, helps carry groceries and shit, pick up shit, etc.

and yes there are bad areas of phoenix. South phoenix is very ghetto but I dont know anyone who has a BMW or anyone who's family has a BMW that lives there so no worries.

whats wrong with you?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #36
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335d View Post
No. that is not entirely why I shunned the entire area. The town is gross.
and why would you want to live in a town if you hate the people who live there?
Do you not like having other people around?
Here is PV/Scottsdale/Phoenix everyone hold doors for each other, helps carry groceries and shit, pick up shit, etc.

and yes there are bad areas of phoenix. South phoenix is very ghetto but I dont know anyone who has a BMW or anyone who's family has a BMW that lives there so no worries.

whats wrong with you?
well im so sorry that you had to open a door for yourself while you were here. oh the humanity

Abq has a population of about 600,000 so idk how that can be considered small.

so you judge the city based on the fact that you "dont know anyone who has a BMW or anyone who's family has a BMW that lives there". wow. becasue there certainly arent any well off families in NM. we're just a bunch of dumb, poor, illeagals who wallow in our own filth and dream of being able to afford bmw's one day.

my god youre ignorant

end rant

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #37
jayely1
Colonel
Rep

Why do you say its gross? The parts we've seen were very nice nothing was run down. Can you elaborate? What would you recommend in AZ?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #38
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep

heres a little map of the areas of ABQ

greeny blue= the best (you cant get into one of these houses short of short of 800k

lime green= very nice (great areas with little or no crime)

yellowish green= nicer (good areas that are newer with little crime)

yellow= nice (still good areas but the yellow neighborhoods are generally alot older than the green ones.)

pink= sketchy (these areas have pretty bad crime but you can still find some nice places. the pink area by UNM is nothing but college students.)

red= places youre likely to be shanked (the areas in red are all pretty fucking ghetto. The area thats red and black is known as the war zone. its filled with crackheads and gang bangers. This area was ranked NM's most dangerous area in the year NM was announced as the state with the most crime (04' or 05' i think).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #39
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Arizona is the prettiest state I've seen, end to end.
      08-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #40
az335d
Banned
Rep

Quote:
if you want Phoenix look into either Goodyear or Avondale. theyre outside all the hustle and bustle but still close enough to the city to be able drive there within a few min.

and Rio Rancho is pretty barren right now, though they are building it up pretty rapidly
tell your parents to either check out the West Side more so than Rio.
(btw a basic thing in Abq is the closer towards the mountians/ the farther north you get the houses get progressively nicer. stay away from the valley and anything within a mile of Central though.)
+1

the houses are all cookie cutter houses but perfect for what you described your parents wanted. Good area for them. t wouldnt be bad either.
Wigwam Country Club is a great course out there and they have houses on the course or not.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #41
az335d
Banned
Rep

Quote:
well im so sorry that you had to open a door for yourself while you were here. oh the humanity

Abq has a population of about 600,000 so idk how that can be considered small.

so you judge the city based on the fact that you "dont know anyone who has a BMW or anyone who's family has a BMW that lives there". wow. becasue there certainly arent any well off families in NM. we're just a bunch of dumb, poor, illeagals who wallow in our own filth and dream of being able to afford bmw's one day.

my god youre ignorant

end rant

HAHAHAHHA DID YOU READ MY POST AT ALL?!?! Thats a serious question. I did not say it was small, and I wasnt talking about NM when I said "dont know anyone who has a BMW or anyone who's family has a BMW that lives there". That was for S. Phoenix. No one should live there if they dont have to. Its a terrible area. I wasnt talking about NM fool.
And when did i say you were poor illegals who dream about being able to afford bmws

YOU sir are the ignorant one here. Read my posts next time.

Jesus you are annoying
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 11:36 PM   #42
jayely1
Colonel
Rep

You highlighted most of Rio Rancho as old?? My dads Garmen didn't even have most areas on the map and there was new home builders everywhere. We looked in a lot of model homes.

In Goodyear or Avondale is there anything to do?? Don't forget im only 20 and they want to move to a place I would enjoy as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 11:53 PM   #43
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleA View Post
ARIZONA!! phoenix/scottsdale/tempe n trust me u'll be fine. AZ is the shit
Tempe12 FTW!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 01:40 AM   #44
jayely1
Colonel
Rep

I think Tempe would be to close for them. I heard the traffic sucks in Phoenix though?
Appreciate 0