BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
jlo834
bleeds purple and gold
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i

RHCSA - RedHat Cert Sys Admin

I dont know if this should go in the pc/gaming board but I've seen some career advise on this thread so I'll go ahead and ask.

Has anyone here taken the RHCSA cert exam for RedHat? If so, may you please shed some light on your experience, what to expect and what resources used to prepare for it?

I feel I have moderate knowledge on using linux (mostly fedora or centOS). I did take the RHCT exam when I did not know much about linux and bombed it but I feel like from that experience I can go back in there and take it and succeed this time around.

Any sysadmins on this board? I know there are plenty of successful people on here but wanted to see if their specialty is on redhat.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
CamelBiscuit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [10.00]
Rectal exam?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

The exam sucks. What happens is you do your best, come out walking like you aced it, and then you find out you didn't. To make matters worse, you don't know why you failed, so you have no idea what to improve upon. Oh yeah, and the class/exam aren't cheap.
      08-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
jlo834
bleeds purple and gold
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
The exam sucks. What happens is you do your best, come out walking like you aced it, and then you find out you didn't. To make matters worse, you don't know why you failed, so you have no idea what to improve upon. Oh yeah, and the class/exam aren't cheap.
Yeah the classes are not cheap at all and neither are the exams compared to any Microsoft or comptia cert exam. I was told the red hat exams are taken serious by companies because they're performance based test. I know what you mean about the false sense of passing. It's a total crap stain
Appreciate 0