BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

02-07-2017, 12:24 PM   #67
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmz View Post
So I just installed my oem modded exhaust.... Meh... It's a bit deeper and louder but.. When you are in the cabin you can't tell at all.

At least to me.. I guess it's good thing..else the boss would force me to swap it back to stock.

From the outside, you can definitely hear that the modded exhaust is a bit deeper.

I figure that the exhaust would be overly loud if you were able noticeably tell from inside the cabin. Overall I am pretty happy with the mod.
Hmm...strange that the sounds didn't come through better. In my case it did night and day difference, significantly louder soon as I give even a tad throttle. Still "only" the 2-pipe, however they are replaced/welded, did you wrap?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 12:35 PM   #68
F48_Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman
Quote:
So I just installed my oem modded exhaust.... Meh... It's a bit deeper and louder but.. When you are in the cabin you can't tell at all.

At least to me.. I guess it's good thing..else the boss would force me to swap it back to stock.

From the outside, you can definitely hear that the modded exhaust is a bit deeper.

I figure that the exhaust would be overly loud if you were able noticeably tell from inside the cabin. Overall I am pretty happy with the mod.
Hmm...strange that the sounds didn't come through better. In my case it did night and day difference, significantly louder soon as I give even a tad throttle. Still "only" the 2-pipe, however they are replaced/welded, did you wrap?

Cheers
It's louder for sure just not in the cabin... I bought an exhaust that had the perforated pipes replaced.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #69
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
Quote:

It's the most versatile exhaust option out there. If this is just a weekender and you want to tell the world you own an e9x M3, this is not the best option, of course. But if you use the car for a lot of different thing (around town, toting the SO/kids around, business use with clients/coworkers, etc), it's perfect. I spent $120 last year on a used ACM-modded exhaust and it's been great.

However, like you, I would wished for just a little more. I added a Dinan intake and it's fabulous. You get a great exhaust note and the engine is uncorked a bit more, so it's sounds even more aggressive at higher rpms. I have found that both mods really increase the overall noise, but only when really driving hard.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 03:14 PM   #70
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
It's louder for sure just not in the cabin... I bought an exhaust that had the perforated pipes replaced.
I'd guess the pipes aren"t welded tight all way around hence let part of the exhaust gas back in the box. Anyhow, plenty of nice alternatives out there!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #71
F48_Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Roundel View Post
It's the most versatile exhaust option out there. If this is just a weekender and you want to tell the world you own an e9x M3, this is not the best option, of course. But if you use the car for a lot of different thing (around town, toting the SO/kids around, business use with clients/coworkers, etc), it's perfect. I spent $120 last year on a used ACM-modded exhaust and it's been great.

However, like you, I would wished for just a little more. I added a Dinan intake and it's fabulous. You get a great exhaust note and the engine is uncorked a bit more, so it's sounds even more aggressive at higher rpms. I have found that both mods really increase the overall noise, but only when really driving hard.
Yeah I agree too its a good balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
I'd guess the pipes aren"t welded tight all way around hence let part of the exhaust gas back in the box. Anyhow, plenty of nice alternatives out there!
you might be right, I personally haven't heard of another OEM exhaust mod m3 so I don't really have a reference. This is okay for me though, I just didn't get that "WOW OMG it totally transformed my driving experience" that a lot of people are stating.
Appreciate 0