BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-27-2015, 10:35 PM   #23
jdamore
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeath View Post
Thanks for the writeup! It's extremely helpful to have someone that has gone through the quirks with DPI changes and finding the cleanest and best looking/performing setup.

Much appreciative twowards both you and whatsinaname. I had a tablet setup in my last car performing the same functions, but would have not thought of using an androidpc.

I do wonder though, what are you using for input? Just the touchpad? I have been trying to figure out how a lot of it is done without a keyboard.

Thanks again! I already have an MMI setup and a system like this is going in this weekend most likely.
Thanks!

90% Of the time I just use the touch pad. Like any touchpad, it takes a little time to get the feel of it but once you do, it works well. You can use it to scroll (swiping along the right side) and I just recently discovered (by accident haha) if you tap the top right of the pad, its like hitting the "back" button.

9% of the time, which is mostly for entering text, I use voice control (mic in the Web cam). At any time, I say "OK Google", Google voice search is opened and I can just say "Navigate to...... " or "Open Spotify. On many apps these days, if they have a search feature, they put a voice search button (pic of a mic). If not, there is a voice search button on the On Screen Keyboard.

The last 1% is use of a Bluetooth keyboard. I have literally used it once or twice. It's a small CHEAP keyboard made out of soft rubber that can get tossed around and not hurt the inside of the car. A buddy gave it to me..

You'll find little text needs to be entered. It's the uncommon words that need the BT keyboard or onscreen keyboard. Otherwise, it's just swiping your finger around.

Some things you'll pick up that make it easier. For example: if you're sitting on your couch planning to go somewhere, find your destination in Google maps (pc or phone) and add it as a favorite (star it). When you get in your car, opens maps and it will be there! With Spotify, I make playlists on my phone and they automatically sync in the car.

I'm excited someone is doing this What are you putting in?

Do you have the CCC or CIC nav?
      04-28-2015, 12:44 AM   #24
TheHeath
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe RS46

I have the older style ccc unfortunately. It's going in an e92 m3 with the rs46 kit
Appreciate 0