BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

View Poll Results: Which Individual Color Would You Pick?
Santorini Blue 39 20.63%
Hellrot 28 14.81%
Speed Yellow 16 8.47%
Frozen Monte Carlos Blue 28 14.81%
Frozen Brilliant White 26 13.76%
I'd save $5000 and get a standard color 52 27.51%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

02-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #111
emKel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: with 3 pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
I have an 01 PY with Kiwi and Individual Piano Black

So the exterior paint of your 06 had to be Individual, because the last year it was available to regular order was 04... corrcet?

Please post pics of the E92 PY when you get it!
Yes I believe Phoenix was cut off in '04 or '05, so my car was an Individual order.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #112
llis
octane chick
United_States
Rep
Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
I can tell you from a buyers perspective, ordering an M3 without NAV is a big mistake, IMHO. If you plan to keep it forever...ok, fine.

There was a great Individual MCB e90 for sale here...NEVER sold primarily b/c of how bare bones it was. It's just not appealing to most.
And yet how appealing is a nav in a 10yo car? The tech is evolving quickly, and I can't help but feel that nav screen is going to be a low-def dinosaur well before the machine reaches middle age.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #113
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
And yet how appealing is a nav in a 10yo car? The tech is evolving quickly, and I can't help but feel that nav screen is going to be a low-def dinosaur well before the machine reaches middle age.
I'm not referring to a 10 year old car...obviously it will be very much dated at that point, as will be the entire car. I'm talking about someone who might turn around and sell within 3 to 5 years.

Clearly it hurts resale and cars without NAV sit for significantly longer, regardless of a rare color or not.
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #114
llis
octane chick
United_States
Rep
Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
I'm not referring to a 10 year old car...obviously it will be very much dated at that point, as will be the entire car. I'm talking about someone who might turn around and sell within 3 to 5 years.

Clearly it hurts resale and cars without NAV sit for significantly longer, regardless of a rare color or not.
I just ran a comparison on Edmunds for a 2008 E92 M3 with 50k, in Oustanding condition. With nav added about $600 in value. With a 2006 E46 M3, it's something of a wash.

Adding the nav on a current model means the Premium Package at over US$4k. I guess the decision is whether the nav option expense is worth the difference.

These are sportscars! Maybe with a luxury cruiser an outdated nav has more value, especially if it has the potential to be seriously upgraded. But at some point, I can't help but feel that the ancient screen, sluggish processor and low-grade graphics are going to detract, not add to the value, no? Or at least not get back that extra 4 grand invested.

If you get a chance, if you haven't already, I recommend sitting in a new Tesla sedan at the mall and just take in the giant touchscreen, bigger than any tablet, bright, clear and intuitive. I think that's more like the kind of nav tech we're all going to have in 5 years, and the dinky screen on today's model (which already is a few years old) will feel like looking at first-generation Super Mario Bros.

YMMV, but speaking for myself, I hated the nav in my 2007 335xi well before my 3-year lease ended. It was almost embarrassing.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #115
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
I just ran a comparison on Edmunds for a 2008 E92 M3 with 50k, in Oustanding condition. With nav added about $600 in value. With a 2006 E46 M3, it's something of a wash.

Adding the nav on a current model means the Premium Package at over US$4k. I guess the decision is whether the nav option expense is worth the difference.

These are sportscars! Maybe with a luxury cruiser an outdated nav has more value, especially if it has the potential to be seriously upgraded. But at some point, I can't help but feel that the ancient screen, sluggish processor and low-grade graphics are going to detract, not add to the value, no? Or at least not get back that extra 4 grand invested.

If you get a chance, if you haven't already, I recommend sitting in a new Tesla sedan at the mall and just take in the giant touchscreen, bigger than any tablet, bright, clear and intuitive. I think that's more like the kind of nav tech we're all going to have in 5 years, and the dinky screen on today's model (which already is a few years old) will feel like looking at first-generation Super Mario Bros.

YMMV, but speaking for myself, I hated the nav in my 2007 335xi well before my 3-year lease ended. It was almost embarrassing.
My thoughts exactly, If I were in the market for one I'd actually prefer an E46 NOT have a nav system since it is so dated. I'm getting this car under the assumption that I'll be holding on to it for several years, beyond the usefulness of the current nav system.

Plus in all honesty...My 2010 E90 335i has the hard drive based nav system and I use my phone for map directions 100% of the time while driving...who has time to peck addresses (which I got from goggle maps on my phone) into the nav system?

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #116
Aus_M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Personally I love the nav. My e39 M5 still has the original square (pre lci) nave screen. It's a bit slow but has updated maps and still does the job plus the tv still works perfectly (until we go all digital).

I don't think it affects the price on an older car but certainly makes for a quicker sale!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #117
burakkose
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: i8

santorini blue ! hands down !
it's the BEST color for e9x m3.
I wish we had those colors here that's why I'm planning a santorini blue wrap but dunno if i can find a proper color fit
Dealership here is refusing to place a new order here !