BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #23
XiaoDeeDeee
Banned
Rep
Drives: e95 399is

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
my IP is hidden or fake, but nice try
lol, what ip?

username is enough! ofc it won't do much but your username is in their records nao~~

have you google searched your own username lately? tsk tsk to using the same one frequently
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #24
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoDeeDeee View Post
lol, what ip?

username is enough! ofc it won't do much but your username is in their records nao~~

have you google searched your own username lately? tsk tsk to using the same one frequently
who cares about my username, if they dont have my IP they dont know who i am

but if you want to be a dick and report fine, but i guarentee you torrent as well
      06-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #25
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
submitted to ic3; thanks! that's what you get for using torrents! p2p FTL
Lol are we still in 3rd grade? "I'm tellingggggg!!! Mom, he's stealing music!!!"

You're prolly the guy at your company that blows your boss under his desk and tells on every person about every little thing. Haha
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #26
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
To add to this conversation, I pirate all my music. The price of music these days are ridiculous and the quality is horrendous. Artists need to start coming out with some better music so people will actually buy it. I'm about to go buy the new Drake CD. That's the best album I've heard in a long time.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #27
XiaoDeeDeee
Banned
Rep

Quote:
who cares about my username, if they dont have my IP they dont know who i am

but if you want to be a dick and report fine, but i guarentee you torrent as well
Lmao username is PLENTY I've seen entire sitechans go down because someone took a screenshot for sentimental reason or god knows what. And if you don't know what a sitechan is...go back to your P2P private tracker etc whatever you call it. And all users in sitechans naturally run psybnc on TOP of hostmasks so....

I'm a fat Chinese kid so I know these things
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #28
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
I realize this thread pertains to music, but....

06-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #29
XiaoDeeDeee
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Lol are we still in 3rd grade? "I'm tellingggggg!!! Mom, he's stealing music!!!"

You're prolly the guy at your company that blows your boss under his desk and tells on every person about every little thing. Haha
Exactly, who wouldn't?! When my boss asked me last week I nearly jumped off my desk...job security FTMFW...and at the coworkers' cost doesn't get much better than that.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #30
OlivaresAnthony
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post

E90 325i|Sparkling Graphite Metallic|Steptronic|Black Leatherette/Dark Burl Interior|OEM Alarm|35%Front/5%Rear Tint|RD LED License Plate Lights|Rear Fogs Activated|Debadged|Smoked Sidemarkers|Blacklines|Depo P90v2|Matte Black Grille|BMS PBX|AFE Drop In|Charcoal Filter Delete|Air Scoops| RM Silicone Intake Hose| Magnaflow 14815| 19" Avant Garde M310|Continental DWS|M3 Lip Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #31
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lmao username is PLENTY I've seen entire sitechans go down because someone took a screenshot for sentimental reason or god knows what. And if you don't know what a sitechan is...go back to your P2P private tracker etc whatever you call it. And all users in sitechans naturally run psybnc on TOP of hostmasks so....

I'm a fat Chinese kid so I know these things
im sorry that you have to get your nut in life by telling on people, sorry you were dealt the hand you were where you cant have any fun but try to get me in trouble...
      06-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #32
XiaoDeeDeee
Banned
Rep

Quote:
im sorry that you have to get your nut in life by telling on people, sorry you were dealt the hand you were where you cant have any fun but try to get me in trouble...
lol calm down. have you seen IC3 reports? I filed one in November 2005 when I got scammed by a 16 year old on eBay. I saw an XBOX 360 for $400 and I bought it. But in WHITE FONT an size 7 letters...it said it was for a picture

anyway this was back when I thought authorities gave a shit about little things so I filed an IC3 report.

It is a few goddamn pages long (IIRC). Now I know I'm a loser but goddamn too much work so fear not.

Again, relax. but P2P users do deserve to get shot. Honest!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #33
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
lol calm down. have you seen IC3 reports? I filed one in November 2005 when I got scammed by a 16 year old on eBay. I saw an XBOX 360 for $400 and I bought it. But in WHITE FONT an size 7 letters...it said it was for a picture

anyway this was back when I thought authorities gave a shit about little things so I filed an IC3 report.

It is a few goddamn pages long (IIRC). Now I know I'm a loser but goddamn too much work so fear not.

im not a hardcore user, i only download for myself...i was about to be pissed if you actually did do it bc thats a shady ass thing to do
      06-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #34
XiaoDeeDeee
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post
I realize this thread pertains to music, but....

http://teamlegendarygo.com/wp-conten...ate-vs-pay.png
Piracy is slightly a bit more complicated than that....allow me to explain

How "scene" piracy works is that there are groups who spend considerable time, resources, and dedication to release files for everyone's enjoyment. I'll explain it very quickly and try to refrain from using piracy jargon.

For example consider "100.Questions.S01E01.HDTV.XviD-LOL"

100 questions - release name
S01E01.HDTV.XviD - info/source/formate
LOL - group
you will find all scene releases conform to a rather strict form of file naming and encoding. Otherwise it will be "nuked" (aka there will be a note in the pre-database*** signifying why the release has not conformed to the scene standards of that particular section)

How this originates is someone on the east coast** captures the show, encodes, and immediately uploads to several private FTPs to which LOL is affiliated. Once the release is on all these FTPs, they will officially release (or "pre" in scene jargon) the show***. Thanks to IRC + scripts the show will be transferred via 100mbit/1gbit connections to thousands of other FTP servers. So, a tv show will be done in around 30 seconds. The "scene reputation": of a FTP Server ("site") will depend on how quickly a release gets to your site from the source. Of course, if you are on a site with which LOL has "pred" the release, you are likely on an extremely secretive European "TOP"site and fearing government authorities knocking on your door.

Every one of these "scene" FTP servers has several users. Some of these users will download the show and create torrents or FXP the show to a 100mbit torrent box****. Others will download the show and upload to usenet.

The slight problem here is that a torrent can be completed instantly. For usenet, as far as I know, unless there is some FXP protocol for transferring to usenet, you have to completely download a release before re uploading to usenet. This is a burden for many as to get a X264 encoded 1080p movie you'd have to download and then upload it.

For example:
Unthinkable.2010.Bluray.720p.DTS.x264-CHD was uploaded to usenet 11 hours ago.
It was available to scene users 3 days ago.
I'm sure it was available to torrent users the same time as scene users.

Or on occasion hacked directly from Satellite...which why you see NCIS Los Angeles released on Mondays when it airs on Tuesday

IRC bots will record the release into their databases, known as a pre-database or predb for short.

This how torrent sites with "private trackers" operate. These private torrent sites will have a few active members in the scene who FXP releases to their own 100mbit servers which will create a torrent for the masses to enjoy
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #35
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
submitted to ic3; thanks! that's what you get for using torrents! p2p FTL
Quote:

P2P users deserve to get shot? What's this then, sheriff?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/printthread.php?t=379709
      06-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #36
XiaoDeeDeee
Banned
Rep

Quote:

That's not P2P

Three reasons:
  1. SSL Encryption
  2. No direct connection from one user to another
  3. IPs are not exposed to the public.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #37
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's not P2P

Three reasons:

1. SSL Encryption
2. No direct connection from one user to another
3. IPs are not exposed to the public.

Looks to me like you were attempting to aid the piracy of the BMW RoadMap NA Pro 2010, no?
      06-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #38
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Looks to me like you were attempting to aid the piracy of the BMW RoadMap NA Pro 2010, no?
this dude is calling me out and i torrent leisurely, and he is a damn pro
      06-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #39
XiaoDeeDeee
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Quote:

We have different definitions of P2P.

For me, P2P = PEER TO PEER. Hence, if your piracy involves a connection from ONE PEER TO ANOTHER PEER then it is consequently PEER TO PEER.

Facilitating piracy, for me is a separate issue and not P2P.

I frown on P2P because piracy on a massive scale for a popular release (X-Men Origins Wolverine Workprint/Stars Wars Episode III Workprint as some examples) catches the attention of authorities rather quickly and its insecurity results in "leisure users" (CollinsE90, for example, as he proclaimed) getting caught.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #40
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:

For me, P2P = PEER TO PEER. Hence, if your piracy involves a connection from ONE PEER TO ANOTHER PEER then it is consequently PEER TO PEER.

I frown on P2P because piracy on a massive scale for a popular release (X-Men Origins Wolverine Workprint/Stars Wars Episode III Workprint as some examples) catches the attention of authorities rather quickly and its insecurity results in "leisure users" (CollinsE90, for example, as he proclaimed) getting caught.
so you're saying leisure users should be shot but the people who put the shit on the inet are all good? haha wow
      06-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #41
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:
so you're saying leisure users should be shot but the people who put the shit on the inet are all good? haha wow

After reading his earlier post in this thread, I have a better understanding of the point he is trying to make. I was initially under the impression that he was reporting you because you were a pirate, but in actuality he is too- He's advocating non-p2p methods (usenet...hey, what ever happened to rules 1&2 of usenet?) as a more secure and less attention-getting way of getting your shit.
      06-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #42
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
After reading his earlier post in this thread, I have a better understanding of the point he is trying to make. I was initially under the impression that he was reporting you because you were a pirate, but in actuality he is too- He's advocating non-p2p methods (usenet...hey, what ever happened to rules 1&2 of usenet?) as a more secure and less attention-getting way of getting your shit.
well educate me on how to do it your way
      06-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #43
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
well educate me on how to do it your way

I'm a usenet n00b. I think I used to use Giganews diamond service, sabnzdb+ and one of the free search sites.
      06-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #44
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuarma View Post
nobody would buy his shitty albums about skateboarding and kick push anyway
Lol, he doesn't just rap about that anymore. He's actually a lot more balanced than most of the wack talent out right now.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0