BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

02-05-2023, 09:54 AM   #23
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
E85 burns cooler. Could the reduced combustion temperature also reduce the need for a cooler plug? I would probably focus more on reducing spark blowout and increasing spark energy given the larger combustion event from the airflow of 12.5psi. Reduced gap and/or stronger coils, but I would also want to be confident any changes did not affect the knock sensing though E85 (assuming it is tested to be E85) should reduce the likelihood of knock. Probably the E85 tune is really an E60 tune if pump E85 is being used since it is well known the E content can vary.

I use 3 stations locally and test periodically, always test 78% and above. Car was actually tuned on e78 as we tested prior to filling up. But yes, once your E content is above 65 you are “safe”.
      03-15-2024, 08:53 PM   #24
euphoric
Rep
Drives: jet black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonatic View Post
Anyone with a supercharger running NGK 97506 2 Step colder plugs? I searched the forums didn't find much. I know of one member running them without issues curious if anyone else out there is running them without issues.
Yes, i have a g2 supercharger kit 14psi with rktune. Was having spark blow out issues with oem ngk plugs. Put 97506 gapped to .20 and car pulls normally now.

No point in going to colder plug unless youre running built motor level boost and your car is cutting out during wot pulls. Spark blowout Feels like hitting redline.
Appreciate 1
CamasM3e933164.00