BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

BPM

12-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #23
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class-of-2013 View Post
How do you feel about Collonite 845 Wax on top of Klasse AIO?
Great combo. 845 is one of the best for what you get
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #24
Class-of-2016
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

So post application of Klasse AIO and spray detailer (used to dampen applicator), rewashed the car today after some winter dust / salt water dried on car.

Presto, water wash cleanly sheeted off the grime. Because of the good beading of Klasse, the air drying of the touchless wash was able to blow alot of the water off easily. The rest just beaded in small beads and was easily blotted off by a one meguair waffle towel.

Net, very happy, so far so good. My next move is applying Collonite 845 to see how long that lasts on top fo the AIO or if the washing process is even better and easier.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #25
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Only thing is SG sort of a pain to apply and you can't f-up I heard. Collonite on the other hand I could apply every month or something and it's easy to do so.
The SG can be applied with a wipe on/wipe off method to make it really easy....and also be used in a spray bottle.

Collinite should be good though, but also needs to be applied thin which isn't a problem if applied with a machine.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #26
Class-of-2016
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
The SG can be applied with a wipe on/wipe off method to make it really easy....and also be used in a spray bottle.

Collinite should be good though, but also needs to be applied thin which isn't a problem if applied with a machine.
I don't like machines, so that's cool. Collonite sounds like it has stronger durability / protection vs. wax shine, which is what I'm looking to achieve in the winter months.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #27
FI PETE
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 328i E90

after reading every single post, here is my suggestion...If you haven't washed the car for a couple of weeks or a month and since removing protection is not something you're concern about..go with Carpro Iron X, this will deep clean your paint, followed by a thorough washed with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and for protection I would go with 22PLE (only if the paint is in great condition and not full of scratches)..if not you can go with 2 coats of Blackfire paint sealant (must wait 8hrs between coats)...hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #28
Class-of-2016
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIPAD View Post
after reading every single post, here is my suggestion...If you haven't washed the car for a couple of weeks or a month and since removing protection is not something you're concern about..go with Carpro Iron X, this will deep clean your paint, followed by a thorough washed with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and for protection I would go with 22PLE (only if the paint is in great condition and not full of scratches)..if not you can go with 2 coats of Blackfire paint sealant (must wait 8hrs between coats)...hope this helps.
Thanks! I like the idea of 22PLE or Opti-Coat, but the key is in the application and prepping, which I will not have time to do properly. So I've been going for options of easy on application with minimal curing time etc. I do like the idea of Citrus Cleaners, so I'm going to try AF Citrus Cleaner to melt away grime pre-wash. When my current shampoo runs out, I think the Chem. Guys Citrus Wash could be a good replacement.

Question on Iron X products (de-ironizer), isn't that meant for occasional once in a while applications (once every two months), when there's actually something for Iron X to remove? Feel like a brand new car won't have too many contiminants yet and Iron X may be overkill right now. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #29
FI PETE
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 328i E90

Quote:
Question on Iron X products (de-ironizer), isn't that meant for occasional once in a while applications (once every two months), when there's actually something for Iron X to remove? Feel like a brand new car won't have too many contaminants yet and Iron X may be overkill right now. Thoughts?
Iron X shouldn't be used on every car wash or every month, more like once a year if you keep up with your car or twice if you don't wax it much...but just because a car is brand new it doesn't mean it has a contaminant free surface...remember this "a wax, sealant or any other type of protection is only as good as the prep job you do beforehand"...I always use it on all the new car preps I do for my clients because it removes particles embedded in the paint that clay won't remove, creating a much cleaner surface for the wax, sealant or 22PLE to adhere to...one great thing about this product is that it's ph balanced, non acidic, so it's harmless to your vehicle's finish and works great on wheels and calipers too

You'll be amazed at the amount of contaminant in a brand new car.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #30
nick3753
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
2017 Audi S6  [0.00]
1997 BMW 328i Touring  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Used AF citrus today on my x5 after a trip up the mountain 6 days ago left it covered in salt and sand. The grime was caked on and the AF citrus just melted it all away. Great stuff.
Appreciate 0