BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
MJ
Private
Rep
Drives: Blk on blk 2007 328xi coupe

Seat repair.

Ok, this morning I noticed the beginning of a rip on my driver seat. I have an '07 328xi coupe. I believe it has the leatherette finish. The crease is about 3 inches long on the lower bolster (side). Anyway, does anyone know of a cheap way to fix this problem? It hasn't ripped right through yet, but eventually it's going to.
Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 05:40 AM   #2
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Seat repairs

Holes or Tears can be repaired by cleaning any rough or frayed edges and then placing a sub-patch of backing material that is larger than the hole must then be secured in place by means of a sub-patch and adhesive to give the leather patch something to anchor to. Before you insert the backing piece cover it with adhesive, allow the adhesive to become tacky.

Take a piece of circular leather cut to a half inch larger all round than hole and hold it in place with adhesive applied to the sub-patch backing piece. Pro Stick 65™ Hi-Strength- spray adhesive for bonding foams, carpet and upholstery
Appreciate 0