BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

09-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #177
BillK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 11 M3, 15 X5d, 20 X2

Guys I was reading this thread last night and was so moved, that I ordered one of the stoppers. The next morning, I looked in my M3 E93 and noticed the stopper that came with the car. Then I got in to drive. I noticed that my leg reach pushes the clutch in to about 3 or 4 inches from the stopper. Then I realized thats the way I've always driven.
Since the clutch seems to engage after several inches of pedal travel, I came to the conclusion that the good people at BMW assume that drivers will adjust their seat according to their leg length which is according to the distance required to engage the clutch. So for me, I'll never notice the stopper because of my short clutch engaging push length.
To sum up, the BMW stopper is more for protecting metal on metal contact than to stop your foot from continuing to press the clutch. I recommend those who push the clutch all the way to the stopper to simply move your seat back farther.
Just my humble opinion.
Appreciate 0