BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

10-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Renewed appreciation for detailers!

Spent 4 hours "detailing" my car this morning...well what I thought was detailing!! I basically washed it (including wheels and exhaust pipe), cleaned the interior, put some RainX on the windows and front lights and sprayed some crystal mist from Pinnacle (I had waxed the car last time).
Boy was I proud of myself... untill I saw the car in direct sun a few hours later!!!!

I looked like crap!! Streaks, water spots, windows not crystal clear (I should not have used a microfiber for that), etc, etc...

So tonight, trust me, I have really a renewed appreciation for all you "real" detailers around this forum who post pictures of perfectly detailed cars.

I guess I will have to learn...or to bring it to one of you guys!
      10-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
Cosmin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: german v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
So tonight, trust me, I have really a renewed appreciation for all you "real" detailers around this forum who post pictures of perfectly detailed cars.

I guess I will have to learn...or to bring it to one of you guys!
welcome , you can do it again!
all u need is more info /time/ a good breakfast/a lot of water/some extra$
first is a plan , what do you want to correct, clean , protect on your car , how much time u plan spend on it , how much money u plan put into products .
as a car owner with a polisher buffer u may get great results even if u are not a pro. and is safe than rotary. using tools and the right products get you far.
also is the car garage , daily driver , repainted, etc..
see ... a list of questions....and all this before any advice that u can get.
for products is good to get as sale , or with discount codes , if you get them in time is better than drop a lot of $ at once.
      10-12-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
zaxjax
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 Crimson Red 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [9.00]
Four hours is just the beginning!

From this

to this

Two days off and on!
      10-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
AutoFinesse
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: something with wheels

Its not as easy as it look ay LOL
      10-14-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
328i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M

Pics really make some jobs look much easier than they are, as you see an instant transformation. As a fellow jet black owner and having detailed many other JB cars, I can tell you it is one of the most difficult paints to work with and perfect, I had to put in 20 hours on the one I posted up recently.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328i View Post
Pics really make some jobs look much easier than they are, as you see an instant transformation. As a fellow jet black owner and having detailed many other JB cars, I can tell you it is one of the most difficult paints to work with and perfect, I had to put in 20 hours on the one I posted up recently.
+1. but that's also part of the beauty in it. at least for me anyway. nothing better than looking at all that hard work.