BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

02-26-2007, 10:58 PM   #23
tommydogsdad
On My Third Drop Top BMW!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLion View Post
best advice....
Thanks. One of the most annoying things after losing my dad was comparison. Everyone's pain is different. There have been others in this thread who have lost a sibling. I can't even imagine what that must me like. That is why I can't compare the loss of my dad to my siblings dying. It must be agonizing.

I miss him every day. I always here him in the back of my head saying "Just do it!" I feel sometimes as if he has helped push me to be successful because he knows I can. Like he's rooting for me "Go Michael, get out there!" He died on my 21st bday and 2 days before my graduation from college.
      02-27-2007, 11:47 AM   #24
ElCapitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 328xi & 2008 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydogsdad View Post
Thanks. One of the most annoying things after losing my dad was comparison. Everyone's pain is different. There have been others in this thread who have lost a sibling. I can't even imagine what that must me like. That is why I can't compare the loss of my dad to my siblings dying. It must be agonizing.

I miss him every day. I always here him in the back of my head saying "Just do it!" I feel sometimes as if he has helped push me to be successful because he knows I can. Like he's rooting for me "Go Michael, get out there!" He died on my 21st bday and 2 days before my graduation from college.
I can relate. I lost my father from a sudden death (in his sleep no warnings) when I was 20yo during my first year in Dental School. Loosing a parent is definitely not the same as loosing a grandparent. Loosing your mother must be even tougher. And finally loosing a child must be near unbareble (my father's parents were both alive when my father passed)

2008 E90 335i | Silver Grey | Terra | Piano Black | ZSP | ZKO | ZAT | ZKI | ZPL | ZKL |
2007 E91 328xi | Black Sapphire | Terra | ALuminium | ZKO | ZKI | ZPL
Past Cars: 2004 ///M3, 2002 E46 330xi, 2003 GTI 1.8T, 1996 Neon
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 09:15 PM   #25
Bubbarossa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan

Lost my dad last october, I was by his side for his last breath. Not much anything you can say except be there for the person when they need you. People react and heal in many different ways and there really isn't a wrong or right way to do so.

The best thing for me that i have come to realize is to continue to remember the good times we had together and the many things he taught me. I still have dreams about thim almost every night, not always good ones either, and think about him constantly. My "healing" has taken many different steps, from sadness to bitterness to just being plain MAD! He was a smoker and it took about 10 years of his life away...and even his 10 years before that he suffered and was sick quite often.

Nothing anyone has said has had much of an influence or changed the way i feel inside. What you need to do, as someone said before, IS BE THERE FOR THE PERSON. Listen to them, even if it's the same thing over and over again, hold their hand, hug them, give them space if necessary, but be there.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #26
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Hey Bubbarossa,

Thanks man, that is right on....welcome to e90post!

I dreamed about my little sister several times, REAL lucid, she told me she was okay, that kinda stuff....very comforting then but painful now to remember.

Peace!

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #27
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

The best things sometime are not spoken - be there for your friend, always-he/she will NOT forget that, even though he/she may not really rember exactly what you said to comfort them.

I have lost a sibling, one parent twice (adopted and bio), all grandparents; believe me, unfortunately I know exactly what your friend is going through right now. My deepest sincere regrets and thoughts go out to him/her and the familly.

Last edited by Bimmerista; 02-27-2007 at 10:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #28
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman View Post
I lost a 20 year old sister 12 years ago in a car accident. There is nothing to say really, except to be there when your friend wants to talk or cry. You can say "I'm so sorry", and then shut up, but that's about it.

God Bless, Hawkman!
Stew, same shit different continent-she was 21 at the time .....uncanny parallel
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2007, 07:08 AM   #29
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerista View Post
Stew, same shit different continent-she was 21 at the time .....uncanny parallel

Wow.

Something I realized while I was healing is that just about everybody has lost somebody, and then I didn't feel so lost and alone anymore.

Appreciate 0