BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

09-26-2014, 07:47 AM   #1
wildwestm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Convertible

Stereo goes stupid?

So...yesterday all was going fine. I took my son to baseball practice and when we were done we get in the M to go home. I turn on the stereo and nothing. It turns on/off, but no sound. No sound on bluetooth, nothing. I get home, shut the car off, turn it back on...nothing. So, I'm bummed and figure I've got a nice bill coming from the stealership to fix whatever is going on. I get up this morning, start the car to go to work and wala...it is working fine. Anyone else ever experience this? I think I have gremlins...

Dave
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 07:59 AM   #2
rantarM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

My wife's X5 once would not shut the radio off. Turned the car off, removed the key, locked the car, and radio kept playing. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes, reconnected, and everything was back to normal. Never happened again. Sometimes the electronics just act up for no apparent reason. I'd wait to see if it happens again before taking it to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #3
///M3Fresh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwestm3 View Post
So...yesterday all was going fine. I took my son to baseball practice and when we were done we get in the M to go home. I turn on the stereo and nothing. It turns on/off, but no sound. No sound on bluetooth, nothing. I get home, shut the car off, turn it back on...nothing. So, I'm bummed and figure I've got a nice bill coming from the stealership to fix whatever is going on. I get up this morning, start the car to go to work and wala...it is working fine. Anyone else ever experience this? I think I have gremlins...
Keep an eye on it and see if it still does this. weak battery and or on its way out alternator can cause electrical issues like this.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 08:30 AM   #4
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

I had this issue with my M3, was fixed under warranty. I searched in my maintenance report that I got from the dealership and found it (attached below). Hopefully it can help you.
Attached Images

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

Could be the amp or the head unit itself. Take it in to BMW if it happens again.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #6
wildwestm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Convertible

Thanks. I don't mind when things go wrong and they fix themselves! We'll see if it happens again. The only other thing I've had is I got a DCT error a couple of times. Said the Park function wasn't working. Again, turn the car off and it went away. I'll have to check the battery...

Dave
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #7
downtowncb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Maybe something with the MOST bus? If everything seemed to work except audio related functions, it could be a loose fiber...?
Appreciate 0