BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

03-29-2011, 04:26 PM   #23
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bimmer View Post
Perfect Install. Never had any install issues with the pulley or anything else wrong other than what I described above. No belt squeaks, no loud noises, no creaks, none of that stuff. When I went back to the OEM pulley, the first thing I noticed is the lack of pick-up in the upper RPM's (besides my issuing being resolved). Sad drive home from EAS The pulley definitely works, maybe my car's tolerances are different I don't know, but I wish I could have kept it on my car. Many other folks run pulley's on here, and I seem to be the only one who's made an issue post about it. Buy one, if it doesn't work take if off. It's not a $14,000 mod
did it develop over time or noticed right once the pulley came on? i know its hard to say/rmbr

but i am experiencing the same thing on my 6mt, but my pulley as been in for nearly 1.5 years and this is new from the last 3 months really...
thks for the help
      03-31-2011, 03:52 PM   #24
forumes
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 2009 ESS VT-1 535

Im back from states

I took my car immediately to the dealer for diagnostic and they talled me the there is an AIR MASS SENSOR FAULT which might be causing the engine to stall plus I have the ESS air filter needs to be replaced or cleaned resulting in air blockage which I will contact Roman regarding that. The sensor is not available so they ordered it , expected to be replaced on Monday and I hope that solve our problem, I will keep you posted
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #25
Mr.Bimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqui View Post
did it develop over time or noticed right once the pulley came on? i know its hard to say/rmbr

but i am experiencing the same thing on my 6mt, but my pulley as been in for nearly 1.5 years and this is new from the last 3 months really...
thks for the help
Pretty much occured right after the pulley was installed.

Sounds as if you might have a different issue if your car was running fine with the pulley for 1.5 years.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #26
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumes View Post
I took my car immediately to the dealer for diagnostic and they talled me the there is an AIR MASS SENSOR FAULT
There's no MAF (mass air-flow) sensor on the M3 . I'd find another if I was you . Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #27
forumes
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Quote:
I took my car immediately to the dealer for diagnostic and they talled me the there is an AIR MASS SENSOR FAULT
There's no MAF (mass air-flow) sensor on the M3 . I'd find another if I was you . Good luck.
I remember that some have said that the M3 doesn't have Air Mass Sensor but I'm not sure why the dealer said it's all about something like Secondary Air Mass Sensor and I wish that is all about otherwise I'm not buying their lies and thanks buddy for clarification 
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #28
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
but I'm not sure why the dealer said it's all about something like Secondary Air Mass Sensor
Maybe they were referring to the absolute pressure sensor, which is right by the oil filter cap . Anyway, you should search for a thread on how to remove it and clean that sucker. Mine was dirty with black crap too; probably from the factory. Just don't touch it to make sure it's not damaged; use brake cleaner and alcohol. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 02:22 AM   #29
forumes
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Quote:
but I'm not sure why the dealer said it's all about something like Secondary Air Mass Sensor
Maybe they were referring to the absolute pressure sensor, which is right by the oil filter cap . Anyway, you should search for a thread on how to remove it and clean that sucker. Mine was dirty with black crap too; probably from the factory. Just don't touch it to make sure it's not damaged; use brake cleaner and alcohol. Good luck.
Thanks my friend for your advice I will tell them about it on Monday since the car with the dealer , and I will not pay for that sensor as they say if it didn't clear the problem
Appreciate 0