BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Canadian Classifieds

EXXEL Distributions

07-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 F82

WTB: Square 18" Winter Wheels for e92 M3

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hi, I'm looking for a set of 18" winter wheels for my e92 M3. I prefer a square setup vs scattered. Either (4) 270M or (4) front OEM 18" wheels.

Email me if you're looking to sell: ali (dot) elahi (at) gmail (dot) com

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
BigMacSmallFries
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M5C 911 Turbo F430 GT3 RS

Hey, I'm just about to post my winter set up this month for sale. It's what you are looking for with the exception of the wheels being replicas. I'm selling 18" OEM style hyper black replicas with Dunlop Wintersport 3Ds all 235/35/18 (there's one chip in one of the rims). The rear tread depth is 75% and the front is 40%. I'm looking for $900 for the complete set which is nicely price of you are looking for a cost effective solution. The front tires are good for 1 season, the rears are good for 3 seasons. I'm sure you know the wintersport 3Ds are some of the best winter tires you can buy.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacSmallFries View Post
Hey, I'm just about to post my winter set up this month for sale. It's what you are looking for with the exception of the wheels being replicas. I'm selling 18" OEM style hyper black replicas with Dunlop Wintersport 3Ds all 235/35/18 (there's one chip in one of the rims). The rear tread depth is 75% and the front is 40%. I'm looking for $900 for the complete set which is nicely price of you are looking for a cost effective solution. The front tires are good for 1 season, the rears are good for 3 seasons. I'm sure you know the wintersport 3Ds are some of the best winter tires you can buy.
Where did you get the replica's from? Who makes them? The reason I ask is that with my 335i I bought a set of replica M6 wheels but after a few years one of the rims cracked and when I called to order a replacement they told me that it will not look exactly like the other three as they now get their replica's from a different supplier. I don't wanna have to go through that again so I want to ensure the replica's are sourced from a reputable place.

Secondly, did you mean to say the tires are 235/40/18 instead of 35?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
BigMacSmallFries
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelahi View Post
Where did you get the replica's from? Who makes them? The reason I ask is that with my 335i I bought a set of replica M6 wheels but after a few years one of the rims cracked and when I called to order a replacement they told me that it will not look exactly like the other three as they now get their replica's from a different supplier. I don't wanna have to go through that again so I want to ensure the replica's are sourced from a reputable place.

Secondly, did you mean to say the tires are 235/40/18 instead of 35?

Yes, you are right, they are 235/40/18. The wheels and tires were all bought from Steelcase (on Woodbine). I'm not sure who their supplier is. If you call, they should be able to tell you I'm sure. I haven't had the need to add air to any wheel during the winter, so I know there isn't any sort of leak anywhere, I haven't spotted any cracks/bends etc. I can post pics of my ride with them if you want.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacSmallFries View Post
Yes, you are right, they are 235/40/18. The wheels and tires were all bought from Steelcase (on Woodbine). I'm not sure who their supplier is. If you call, they should be able to tell you I'm sure. I haven't had the need to add air to any wheel during the winter, so I know there isn't any sort of leak anywhere, I haven't spotted any cracks/bends etc. I can post pics of my ride with them if you want.
Yes, could you post some pics please? Thx.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #6
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

bump. if you've got a winter set you're trying to offload please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #7
BigMacSmallFries
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelahi View Post
bump. if you've got a winter set you're trying to offload please let me know.
Here's a pic. Sorry, I've been busy with other things, you know how busy life can get sometimes. I'm looking for $900 for the set of 4 tires and rims. There is one paint chip in one of the rims roughly 5mm in diameter. I didn't notice anything else that stands out.

The pic is from last winter when I had just installed them at my friend's house, there are no additional scratches since I had them on for less than 3 months this past winter.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #8
BigMacSmallFries
First Lieutenant
Rep

One important note. The offset of these wheels both front and back is exactly 5mm less than those of the stock 19" OEM wheels which is nice because that 5mm helps protect your paint on the side body panels when driving through the slush and snow. If the look is not for you, you can add spacers for a wide stance as well.
Appreciate 0