BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-21-2022, 03:23 AM   #1
uk215m3
Rep
Drives: e30 M3, e92 M3

EDC and Servotronic not working

UPDATE: 25/5/22 - I disconnected all damper connectors, cleaned them. Started car and drove around the block at 10mph. Lots of errors on iDrive and a few codes. (forgot to record what they were) Let car go to sleep. Reconnected all the sensors, turned on ignition, cleared codes and reset EDC module.
Let car go to sleep. Now all seems back to hoe it was. Deffinatly all 3 modes work, evem if not that much difference between them. Servotronic also back to normal.

I have read this thread and a few others on other sites

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...1267893&page=7

I have searched on this issue and most seem to say if EDC stops working properly it defaults to the Sport (stiff ) setting.
In my instance it seems to be 'stuck' in comfort.

As a bit of history, i first noticed it about a week after having an odd glitch after right wheel dropped into a pot hole while parking. A short drive after i did have a ABS/ DSC warning come up on the iDrive. Turned the car off and it went away and didn't come back. No codes.

Current situation is: EDC is stuck in comfort mode, selection switch makes zero difference, in normal or M Mode, buttons all work, and according to Deep OBD all sensors are showing the correct information, even registering the button selection. Servotronic also seems to be in 'full assist' at all times, it isn't getting firmer with speed.

Disconnecting one of the front damper connectors shows warning on IDrive - and EDC defaults to full stiff along with servotronic.
Reconnecting warning goes away and EDC returns to comfort mode.

There are no codes showing.

All 4 wheel speed/ ABS sensors are working, also all 3 acceleration sensors also seem fine, at static showing 2.5v and registering change with the car is in motion.

It seems to suggest the 'system' is working fine but a sensor somewhere is stopping the system from actually operating. I guess it could be a bad control unit.

Any guesses out there on where i should start looking first?

Last edited by uk215m3; 05-25-2022 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      05-23-2022, 12:53 PM   #2
Bmwdoubles_
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk215m3 View Post
I have read this thread and a few others on other sites

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...893&page=7

I have searched on this issue and most seem to say if EDC stops working properly it defaults to the Sport (stiff ) setting.
In my instance it seems to be 'stuck' in comfort.

As a bit of history, i first noticed it about a week after having an odd glitch after right wheel dropped into a pot hole while parking. A short drive after i did have a ABS/ DSC warning come up on the iDrive. Turned the car off and it went away and didn't come back. No codes.

Current situation is: EDC is stuck in comfort mode, selection switch makes zero difference, in normal or M Mode, buttons all work, and according to Deep OBD all sensors are showing the correct information, even registering the button selection. Servotronic also seems to be in 'full assist' at all times, it isn't getting firmer with speed.

Disconnecting one of the front damper connectors shows warning on IDrive - and EDC defaults to full stiff along with servotronic.
Reconnecting warning goes away and EDC returns to comfort mode.

There are no codes showing.

All 4 wheel speed/ ABS sensors are working, also all 3 acceleration sensors also seem fine, at static showing 2.5v and registering change with the car is in motion.

It seems to suggest the 'system' is working fine but a sensor somewhere is stopping the system from actually operating. I guess it could be a bad control unit.

Any guesses out there on where i should start looking first?
My edc and shift velocity button was not working. Turned out it was not plugged all the way in under the shift lever. Worth a cursory check.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFu...fWjCtOz49FDMlg
Appreciate 0