BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

BPM

08-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #23
SterlingE55
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 E55, 2012 Raptor

My flex. Love that thing. Ease of a PC cuts like a rotary.
      08-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #24
JFlo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiofrequency View Post
To reply, I use Sonax Full Effect about every 4 washes or whenever I remove the wheels completely for a full detail. (Or whenever I swap over to winter wheels from summer wheels). I mention this because you use this cleaner when your wheels are in bad shape - if you look through the detailing forum, it's the stuff that goes on green then turns red on the wheels when it reacts with the brake dust. To me, and this is IMHO; the Sonax P21S Gel is gentler, also the gel consistency ensures that it does not run off the wheel faster than you are able to agitate the cleaner. So, I use the Sonax P21S Gel in between the more serious cleaning, it does work well, and I typically buy all my supplies, in bulk, when the detailing stores have their 15% off sales.
Interesting! What you mention about the P21 is the same observation that I have made as well; very gentle but yet effective and the gel is great to work with. I did not know that the Sonax was more harsh. Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #25
JFlo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingE55 View Post
My flex. Love that thing. Ease of a PC cuts like a rotary.
Nothing beats a good polisher. I am actually in the market for a new one, I have been considering the Rupes after all the hype. Seems to be a great machine, however the Flex does have my attention. I am not looking at picking up a rotary due to the lack of experience with one, and I figured I wasnt going to "practice" with the M!
Appreciate 0