BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-31-2010, 10:29 PM   #23
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

I had the opportunity to see Jamie's car in the flesh, and to spend a couple days with Jamie, on his way to first Chicago, and then further east.

All I can say is... WOW. The engine cover and Dinan intake/intake cover were not installed yet, but holy shit. Moonstone is AMAZING. It reminds me of an opal gemstone - white, but then pale blue in certain light, then silver, or even gold, depending on lighting. It is truly amazing.

The mods on Jamie's car are so VERY well integrated. All are in harmony, and subtle. I like the car especially, because to the uninitiated, it is "simply" an M3. To those in the know, however, it seems like every where you look, there is something else - another modification, another special feature.... the interior, for example - not strictly a modification, but GORGEOUS. It is truly a very well thought out, and executed car.

Great car, great guy. I admire Jamie for taking a car of this calibre, and driving across the fricking country!!!

Oh, you guys - if you can, get Jamie to wash your car. We (and by "we", I mean I basically stood by and watched and learned at the feet of the master, LOL) washed his car at my place. He's better than I am, and I am pretty sure I am more exacting and proficient than most professional detailers!

Safe drive home, Jamie! Congrats again - beautiful, beautiful ride, and well deserved.
      08-01-2010, 01:31 AM   #24
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
I had the opportunity to see Jamie's car in the flesh, and to spend a couple days with Jamie, on his way to first Chicago, and then further east.

All I can say is... WOW. The engine cover and Dinan intake/intake cover were not installed yet, but holy shit. Moonstone is AMAZING. It reminds me of an opal gemstone - white, but then pale blue in certain light, then silver, or even gold, depending on lighting. It is truly amazing.

The mods on Jamie's car are so VERY well integrated. All are in harmony, and subtle. I like the car especially, because to the uninitiated, it is "simply" an M3. To those in the know, however, it seems like every where you look, there is something else - another modification, another special feature.... the interior, for example - not strictly a modification, but GORGEOUS. It is truly a very well thought out, and executed car.

Great car, great guy. I admire Jamie for taking a car of this calibre, and driving across the fricking country!!!

Oh, you guys - if you can, get Jamie to wash your car. We (and by "we", I mean I basically stood by and watched and learned at the feet of the master, LOL) washed his car at my place. He's better than I am, and I am pretty sure I am more exacting and proficient than most professional detailers!

Safe drive home, Jamie! Congrats again - beautiful, beautiful ride, and well deserved.
Allan, I am totally flattered by your comments..... Comming from an enthuiast of your calibre it really means a lot to me.

By looking at the paint on your year old M3 (Individual Azurite Black Paint might I add) you need no coaching on how to wash your car. You have absoutely no swirls or wash induced marring on your finish.... Believe me, that color would show imperfections if you had any!

I am really looking foreward to staying with you guys for another night on my way home. You truly made me feel at home and welcome. Thanks again and see you soon!
      08-01-2010, 06:02 AM   #25
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

I have met Allan once, only once, and I have only the nicest things to say about him. He is a good man.

BTW.........sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet car. If any one loses their way, and they are in Prince George BC, you have a place to stay!
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #26
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
I have met Allan once, only once, and I have only the nicest things to say about him. He is a good man.

BTW.........sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet car. If any one loses their way, and they are in Prince George BC, you have a place to stay!
Thanks very much for the offer...... I may have to take you up on that one day!
      08-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #27
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep

Photos added!!!
      08-19-2010, 12:18 AM   #28
TailHappyM3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Jaimie, sweet car!!

Do you drive it all over Canada or put it on a trailer??
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 12:57 AM   #29
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azorean View Post
Jaimie, sweet car!!

Do you drive it all over Canada or put it on a trailer??
I have driven it thus far since I have always wanted to drive across the country. The M3 is an amazing car to cover big mileage with!!!

Once I return home in September I will be putting the OEM ZCP Wheels back on and will mainly use it on nice days and mostly for a toy car. Any Meets or extremely long trips will be done in an Enclosed Car Trailer which I intend to purchase next spring!!
      08-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #30
TailHappyM3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I have driven it thus far since I have always wanted to drive across the country. The M3 is an amazing car to cover big mileage with!!!

Once I return home in September I will be putting the OEM ZCP Wheels back on and will mainly use it on nice days and mostly for a toy car. Any Meets or extremely long trips will be done in an Enclosed Car Trailer which I intend to purchase next spring!!
I can only imagine the stares you got with that beautiful car driving across the country. Good stuff!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #31
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azorean View Post
I can only imagine the stares you got with that beautiful car driving across the country. Good stuff!
Surprisingly most of the stares were from VW Owners....... To be honest I think the car is nearly invisible.

I think I succeeded with keeping the car looking subtle and making the car look un-modified to most people. The only true giveaway is the sound of the exhaust. The wheels appear as though they are OEM and with the brakes done in Moonstone they look surprisingly OEM too. Lots of 328's and 335's around so I guess this car blends in just fine with them..... I really like that I am real Anonymous driving this thing to the majority of people, however an enthusiast can pick it out a mile away .
      08-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #32
toper
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C4S Cab

nice pics!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #33
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotM1491 View Post
cleannn
Very!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 02:22 PM   #34
fe55
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DKG

jamie.
Bring it down to Edmonton when we have the NABMW show'n'shine in june so we can see it. The date will be on the website closer to spring ( Probably June 19).
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 05:42 PM   #35
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe55 View Post
jamie.
Bring it down to Edmonton when we have the NABMW show'n'shine in june so we can see it. The date will be on the website closer to spring ( Probably June 19).
Will do my friend..... I'd be happy to meet some of the Edmonton BMW enthusiasts!