BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #23
armorrig
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Tamiya

sorry to hear this man. hope things go your way.
      07-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #24
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Nick, if you can get the tint/no plate/regis infractions signed off then coo...the fine is $25 per violation. IMO, friggin BS since it was $11 not too long ago.

I would fight the turn signal violation through pleading not guilty and request trial by declaration...you went through ticket assassin before right?

Here's a link for more info regarding it just in case:
http://www.helpigotaticket.com/declar/declare.html
      07-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #25
djMpower
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 SSII F82 ZCP

I recently got a no proof of insurance ticket as well and the officer didn't check "correctable" on the citation. It's a pain in the ass to deal with. I don't remember the exact statute but it started with 16 and ended in (a) just like yours. When I went to court the clerk told me that the code the CHP used was not correctable in any way in their system and I'd have to get a court date... in January. So I suggest you try to figure out if he made it correctable or not.

Also from your diagram it looks like you cut over a solid white to get into the left turn line. I think that's considered an "improper" lane change or something or other. Just throwing that out there.

On a side note though what the hell is going on with Cali cops lately? My friends have been getting tickets left and right. When I got my ticket I was leaving the DMV after just receiving plates for a new car. The cop was in the DMV parking lot with me and followed me out only to pull me over and give me no license plate and no proof of insurance tickets.
      07-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #26
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
the very right lane turns into a right turn only lane and i moved over well before it turned solid. i'm too scared to cross solid lines b/c i know a few people who got pulled over near my parent's place that has one of those. haha

i have the citation with me and the ahole checked uncorrectable. from what i read i can still show that i had proof of insurance to the clerk or what not yea? This whole thing is a headache. I should have the tint and plate ticket signed off on fri or early next week
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #27
djMpower
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 SSII F82 ZCP

I wasn't referring to the right turn only lane but you are right regardless. I took another look at your diagram and it looks like you merged into the left or straight lane. I thought you went into the full-on left lane that had a solid white. My bad.

About the insurance part though.. that's what I thought as well, but I have a January 13th court date to prove me wrong. The clerk at the courthouse said that since the CHP marked uncorrectable on the ticket there was no way she could override that in her system even though I had papers with me to prove I was insured at the time. She said I had to sign up for a court date and show my insurance information to the judge in the hopes that he/she overturns the citation. Such a hassle to deal with. Especially when I SPECIFICALLY told the officer that I HAD insurance and just didn't have a printed copy on me as I had just purchased the vehicle.

To be honest I think you're gonna be in the same boat as me because a year or so ago I got another one of these in my other car. That was due to negligence though as I just chose not to carry it on me. Stupid, I know, and I have no idea what I was thinking. But I told the cop the situation and he checked correctable. I went to court, showed the clerk my insurance information, paid the 25 dollars or so for the court fee and that was that. So I'm assuming since he checked uncorrectable you're gonna have to see a judge. Sorry, mate.
      07-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #28
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djMpower View Post
I wasn't referring to the right turn only lane but you are right regardless. I took another look at your diagram and it looks like you merged into the left or straight lane. I thought you went into the full-on left lane that had a solid white. My bad.

About the insurance part though.. that's what I thought as well, but I have a January 13th court date to prove me wrong. The clerk at the courthouse said that since the CHP marked uncorrectable on the ticket there was no way she could override that in her system even though I had papers with me to prove I was insured at the time. She said I had to sign up for a court date and show my insurance information to the judge in the hopes that he/she overturns the citation. Such a hassle to deal with. Especially when I SPECIFICALLY told the officer that I HAD insurance and just didn't have a printed copy on me as I had just purchased the vehicle.

To be honest I think you're gonna be in the same boat as me because a year or so ago I got another one of these in my other car. That was due to negligence though as I just chose not to carry it on me. Stupid, I know, and I have no idea what I was thinking. But I told the cop the situation and he checked correctable. I went to court, showed the clerk my insurance information, paid the 25 dollars or so for the court fee and that was that. So I'm assuming since he checked uncorrectable you're gonna have to see a judge. Sorry, mate.
oh gawd that sucks. thanks for the information. now I wonder if I can do trial by written declaration to fight the turn signal violation but go to court for the proof of insurance violation. I'll have to do more research but if any of you guys know, let me know. thanks
Appreciate 0