BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

12-02-2008, 09:02 AM   #419
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: hot wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
seriously, where are the admins... at least close this thread.
im down for closing the thread. its not going anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #420
Straz M3
Never Lose
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3

Mods can you please ban Congoman775. Not only does he lie about his identity but he continuously stirs the pot with members who actually bring some value add to this forum. Thanks.
      12-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #421
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
nope. 911 turbo. wasn't mine though, if it was id be looking at stuff alot nicer than M3's and AMG's.
Not for anything, but who in their right mind would ever let a kid learn to drive a manual in a 911 Turbo?

Not even if your friends dad owned one and your friend stole it from his dad for the day would he let you learn to drive a manual on it.

I'll bet you're about to say it was your dads or something like that.

Stick to your Accord, save your money, and put your money where your mouth is with a real car worth talking about on all the forums you troll.

You are just the biggest liar I've ever seen! Period!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 09:32 AM   #422
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straz M3 View Post
Mods can you please ban Congoman775. Not only does he lie about his identity but he continuously stirs the pot with members who actually bring some value add to this forum. Thanks.
please reference my 'stirring the pot' with someone when i was unprovoked by one of those 'valuable members' please.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #423
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
Not for anything, but who in their right mind would ever let a kid learn to drive a manual in a 911 Turbo?

Not even if your friends dad owned one and your friend stole it from his dad for the day would he let you learn to drive a manual on it.

I'll bet you're about to say it was your dads or something like that.

Stick to your Accord, save your money, and put your money where your mouth is with a real car worth talking about on all the forums you troll.

You are just the biggest liar I've ever seen! Period!
of course it was my dads... ??

whats so unbelievable about that?

(ps. the fact that you dont believe me because its 'too good to be true' is flattering.)
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #424
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

This thread is way off topic.
      12-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #425
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

This thread dies if no one responds to Josh's sad attempts to save face and garner attention. He's just a college kid at UF who drives a beater Honda Accord (absolutely nothing wrong with that until you start pretending to be someone you're not). Neither he nor his dad owns any of the performance cars about which he writes. He hasn't even test driven the M3, the C63, any Aston Martin, etc. He has not added a single useful contribution to this forum - he is only here to stir the pot. So why is anyone still engaging him?

There no need to lock this thread -- just stop responding to him. It's that simple.
      12-02-2008, 11:52 AM   #426
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Anyone test driven the revised DCT M3 against a C63 recently?
      12-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #427
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
This thread dies if no one responds to Josh's sad attempts to save face and garner attention. He's just a college kid at UF who drives a beater Honda Accord (absolutely nothing wrong with that until you start pretending to be someone you're not). Neither he nor his dad owns any of the performance cars about which he writes. He hasn't even test driven the M3, the C63, any Aston Martin, etc. He has not added a single useful contribution to this forum - he is only here to stir the pot. So why is anyone still engaging him?

There no need to lock this thread -- just stop responding to him. It's that simple.
yep hes right.

ps. if anyone lives in the SW FL area, id love to spank you around a track in a 911 that i 'dont own'
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #428
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Dct Coupe

Quote:
yep hes right.

ps. if anyone lives in the SW FL area, id love to spank you around a track in a 911 that i 'dont own'
Can someone please take him up on that.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #429
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imballin2day View Post
Can someone please take him up on that.
i say we all should just jump in some cars and go kick ass.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #430
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Whats hilarious about Congoman775 is that hes having his way with most of you, and you keep on coming back for more. When you stop feeding him, he will wither away
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #431
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Move along everyone
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #432
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Quote:
you make a good point. please disregard all comparisons, races, and evaluations made of these cars. after all, those people don't own them, they just drive them.

lets pretend i know a shitload about cars. The M3 looks great on paper, even feels great on a road, but (and i could give a rats ass if you believe me) having learned how to drive stick on a 911 turbo, i like to be planted in the seat when i hit the throttle.

and yes the C is a little faster in a straight line, but it FEELS ALOT faster.
Unfortunately for you, it seems pretending is the only thing you're good at. On some of your early posts I actually believed what you said, even finding them interesting and knowledgeable. Needless to say, that was before the infamous Aston pictures off of Ebay, and the seemingly endless lies that you puke out. How do you live with yourself? You certainly have shown yourself to be THEE stereotypical internet surfing loser, eager to be portrayed as someone you are not. So why don't you "plant the throttle" in your make believe Aston and drive it into a lake. Btw don't forget to take a deep breath when the cab eventually fills with water.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #433
finite
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E90 AW

Sorry to bud in and post about the C63 and M3 but...

Prior to my decision to go with the M3 I drove both back to back and was disappointed with the C63. I liked the performance of the vehicle, but the fit and finish left me very disappointed. The only thing I liked about the interior of the C were the seats. Among the biggest disappointment was the cheap plastic inside.

My M3, on the other hand, felt solid. I will say that I wish BMW made some "M-specific" upgrades to the interior other than just the stitching.

As for the actual driving of the two vehicles the C did not have the lag that the DCT had and had a little more torque. The M just had a more solid feel. I remember pulling in to the dealer's lot after the drive and saying out loud "This is it. This is my car."

Again, my apologies for trying to get this thread back on track.
      12-02-2008, 11:19 PM   #434
Krueger///M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by finite View Post
Sorry to bud in and post about the C63 and M3 but...

Prior to my decision to go with the M3 I drove both back to back and was disappointed with the C63. I liked the performance of the vehicle, but the fit and finish left me very disappointed. The only thing I liked about the interior of the C were the seats. Among the biggest disappointment was the cheap plastic inside.

My M3, on the other hand, felt solid. I will say that I wish BMW made some "M-specific" upgrades to the interior other than just the stitching.

As for the actual driving of the two vehicles the C did not have the lag that the DCT had and had a little more torque. The M just had a more solid feel. I remember pulling in to the dealer's lot after the drive and saying out loud "This is it. This is my car."

Again, my apologies for trying to get this thread back on track.
+1 Totally agree, except I drove the C63 after I bought the M3.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #435
MMMorish
Canada
Rep

I have to be honest here, I haven't driven a C63 either. My brother-in-law owns one and other than sitting in the drivers seat and firing her up, that's pretty much the only experience I've had with the car.

I did test drive a C350 (totally different car) and thought the same thing that another member posted, the interior looks and feels cheap. I will also agree that the seats are wonderful (for the minute or two that I actually sat in them) and that there seems to be more front seat leg room and a larger truck.

On the other hand, I've driven my mothers SLK55 AMG many times and though it's a blast to drive (probably just as quick as the M3 and C63 because of it's light weight) and sounds great, the automatic just doesn't make me happy. There is not involvement and the paddles (at least on that car) really suck. Oh yeah, and try going over bumps with it and your kidneys take a beating.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with the C63 at all. Actually, I think it's still one of the best looking sports sedans on the road. But there is something that I felt on my test drive with an M3 that mirrored what another poster said upon returning back to the dealer; "This is it!! This is my car!!"

And I've never looked back
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 09:08 AM   #436
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover

well to be honest, I was looing for either m3,S5,C63. I first went to MB since my first car ( training car) was an SLK350 and i asked about the c63, they had one in the showroom (helms bros) , and honestly i think its way too old looking for me. College kid wiht a c63 = epic fail. so thats my main reason on not getting the C63.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 09:26 AM   #437
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

sup, i'm in gainseville...i've only got a 335i but hey...i'd like to race a 911 turbo anyways...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 09:30 AM   #438
MMMorish
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
sup, i'm in gainseville...i've only got a 335i but hey...i'd like to race a 911 turbo anyways...
just for stepping up to the challenge. Now let's see if he takes it or if he gives an excuse for not wanting to race you in your 335i.

Man, this thread just keeps getting better and better.

Come on Troll, your move!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #439
wuyichao
Private First Class
China
Rep
Drives: C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNTASTIE View Post
well to be honest, I was looing for either m3,S5,C63. I first went to MB since my first car ( training car) was an SLK350 and i asked about the c63, they had one in the showroom (helms bros) , and honestly i think its way too old looking for me. College kid wiht a c63 = epic fail. so thats my main reason on not getting the C63.
i was on the same boat. actually, i put deposit on a S5 in the early april. after 5 months wait, i canceled my order and bought a C63. Biener Audi wouldnt give me any discount on the S5, and the msrp for my S5 was 63k. i love the look of the s5, but for the money, c63/m3 is more tempting.

Thats why i went to helms bro and bought my c63, I wish i bought it from rallye though. helms bro's service sucks.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #440
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
meet me at chipotle off unv. at 3 tm.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread