BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Closed Thread

03-16-2009, 10:46 PM   #45
Boost Gomez
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Just go with HRE. They've been tried, tested and true for quite a few years. I really don't see what new companies like 360 Forged and the like have to offer that's superior to a company like HRE.
      03-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #46
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Gomez View Post
Just go with HRE. They've been tried, tested and true for quite a few years. I really don't see what new companies like 360 Forged and the like have to offer that's superior to a company like HRE.

In my opinion, HREs are over priced (not saying 360s are cheap) and their styles are the same today as they were 2-3-5 years ago. My buddy had a set of 20" HREs on his E60 M5, VERY similiar design (same split 5 spoke)to my 360s and you put them side by side and cant even compare how much nicer my wheels are, the HREs looked like they were built 6 years ago, the style , the way the spokes bent inwards. Just my opinion!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 12:45 AM   #47
gemini330zhp
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Just call EAS and talk to Tom and get their wheels alot cheaper and great service and are built for BMWs...

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 12:58 AM   #48
ismelllikepoop
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
In my opinion, HREs are over priced (not saying 360s are cheap) and their styles are the same today as they were 2-3-5 years ago. My buddy had a set of 20" HREs on his E60 M5, VERY similiar design (same split 5 spoke)to my 360s and you put them side by side and cant even compare how much nicer my wheels are, the HREs looked like they were built 6 years ago, the style , the way the spokes bent inwards. Just my opinion!
your hyperbole of 360 is pretty excessive, if you aren't on their payroll you should be. in any case it just seems like your typical "company" used more as a tax write-off shelter for the owner to buy cool cars. it doesnt seem like they offer anything innovative or different, just used recycled designs from other companies. in any case outside of bmw forums i dont know of anyone that really knows too much about the company, and forums seem to hype up products for no particular reason. this is just a wild guess but in this garbage of an economy, they're probably having a hard time paying the manufacturer for wheels, so they have to wait for new paying customers to pay off the old orders.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 01:05 AM   #49
serven7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RS 46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
I disagree. My HREs are top quality, made in house. Thats the great thing about HRE is they got their hands on the wheels the entire step of the way so you know the quality is top notch. Yes, they arent cheep but "you got to pay to play"

I admittedly know next to nothing about 360. Do they make their own wheels?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 01:10 AM   #50
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by serven7 View Post
I disagree. My HREs are top quality, made in house. Thats the great thing about HRE is they got their hands on the wheels the entire step of the way so you know the quality is top notch. Yes, they arent cheep but "you got to pay to play"

Have to agree, couldn't believe how well HRE took care of me not to mention how quickly they delivered exactly what I wanted.

Plus, I can't think of a lighter wheel than their competition series without going to a Mag.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 04:13 AM   #51
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez

Quote:

From what I was told.....they do not manufacture their own wheels. Which means, they are probably machined and built elsewhere by some other company, and then sent to 360 for finishing. I'm not crapping on them by any means, they have nice looking wheels, and seem to be of high quality. But I still don't understand the hype, or the price. Volks, go for half, and IMO offer similar strength, weight, and quality. But since the tuner crowd likes them, they must be crap, and don't belong on bimmers
      03-17-2009, 04:49 AM   #52
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
i find it ridiculous people are spending 6k on a set of wheels and the company cant even return a damn phone call.

ironic how the owner of 360 recently bought a ferrari.
Was it a 360?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #53
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Was it a 360?
not even. a modded 430

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/f...60-forged.html
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #54
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irb Digital View Post
From what I was told.....they do not manufacture their own wheels. Which means, they are probably machined and built elsewhere by some other company, and then sent to 360 for finishing. I'm not crapping on them by any means, they have nice looking wheels, and seem to be of high quality. But I still don't understand the hype, or the price. Volks, go for half, and IMO offer similar strength, weight, and quality. But since the tuner crowd likes them, they must be crap, and don't belong on bimmers
Are you kidding? Volk wheels are MUCH stronger than 360 wheels. They're a proven wheel company. Some of their wheels are 10,000TON forged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
They also just moved to a sweet new office. There are pics on 6-speed too. I guess the phones aren't installed yet. It seems all the new wheel companies have other people making the wheels for them and they basically have NO CONTROL over long it'll take the manufacturer to make the wheel. MORR had similar issues with either the manufacturer or the finisher.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 01:21 PM   #55
serven7
Second Lieutenant
Rep

My two cents- It seems to me as if 360 is marketing hype. Bottom line is unless you are building your own wheels from step 1 you cant possibly justify those prices.

HRE/Volk - Same same, both are solid wheels however the thing that appeals to me about the HREs is the fact that no rice rocket is going to pull up next to me with the same wheels, exclusivity is the only reason I would pay more for HREs than Volks.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #56
crimsone90
Banned
Rep
Drives: MR E92 M3

Quote:
My two cents- It seems to me as if 360 is marketing hype. Bottom line is unless you are building your own wheels from step 1 you cant possibly justify those prices.

HRE/Volk - Same same, both are solid wheels however the thing that appeals to me about the HREs is the fact that no rice rocket is going to pull up next to me with the same wheels, exclusivity is the only reason I would pay more for HREs than Volks.
Exclusivity with HRE? Totally the opposite. Every M3 out there has HRE P40/P43! You`ll get more exclusivity with the new RAC, a set of MORR, NEEZ, or even a set of TE-37s.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #57
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irb Digital View Post
+1, they don't make their own wheels. In fact the manufacturer is the same of some other high end wheels that I just can't remember who it was and that bugs me. Not there is anything wrong with not making your own wheels, but might explain why there are delays and they don't call people back, because they can't control the delays. Just my .02

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 06:26 PM   #58
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:

Please do not compare HRE to Volk (or NEEZ/BBS/Champion). HRE is not even close to being the same build quality as those wheels. HRE is much closer to 360 Forged then the above mentioned wheels.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #59
serven7
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsone90 View Post
Exclusivity with HRE? Totally the opposite. Every M3 out there has HRE P40/P43! You`ll get more exclusivity with the new RAC, a set of MORR, NEEZ, or even a set of TE-37s.
Please read my post again. I said nothing about other M3s also having HREs. I was more referring to other cars. Exclusivity? Yes, there are more Rays/Volk on the road than HREs. I bought HREs because they are the best looking in my opinion. I have seen more M3s with 37s than 43s. It would be interesting to know for sure. Its gota be close.

Quote:
Please do not compare HRE to Volk (or NEEZ/BBS/Champion). HRE is not even close to being the same build quality as those wheels. HRE is much closer to 360 Forged then the above mentioned wheels.
Ok, Fair enough.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #60
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
HRE > 360.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #61
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
HRE > 360.
Tire Rack Sport Edition wheels pwns them all period.
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #62
volinder
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
Tire Rack Sport Edition wheels pwns them all period.
2013 M5 6 speed
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 11:49 PM   #63
Islika153
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 coupe Space Grey

I am currently looking for Rims and have looked/interest into HRE- 795R, 360- MB 5ive, and even Asanti AF157 (customized).

I lean towards a simple 5 star look and want more of a certain look I like, rather then primary factor being performance.

Price has generally from a first inquery has been HRE>360>Asanti. General price estimate: HRE- $7,400 .360- $6,000 (custom finish price). Asanti- $4,800(custom). prices for 19" .

The HRE rims look really nice and the service from what everyone saying sounds good.
I kinda want 360 since they seem to have an excellent product but the stories hear make me reconsider.
Asanti AF157 rim is purely for visual appeal, but i kinda want a performance brand.
End result TORN.

If theirs a 360 sales rep. PM with price for 19" MB 5IVE -ALL Chrome finish (still want the visual ;p) 19"x9 (front) 19"x10 (rear). WA. state.

O..with an accurate delivery date please.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 12:03 AM   #64
MiamiKat
here kitty kitty...
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islika153 View Post
I am currently looking for Rims and have looked/interest into HRE- 795R, 360- MB 5ive, and even Asanti AF157 (customized).

I lean towards a simple 5 star look and want more of a certain look I like, rather then primary factor being performance.

Price has generally from a first inquery has been HRE>360>Asanti. General price estimate: HRE- $7,400 .360- $6,000 (custom finish price). Asanti- $4,800(custom). prices for 19" .

The HRE rims look really nice and the service from what everyone saying sounds good.
I kinda want 360 since they seem to have an excellent product but the stories hear make me reconsider.
Asanti AF157 rim is purely for visual appeal, but i kinda want a performance brand.
End result TORN.

If theirs a 360 sales rep. PM with price for 19" MB 5IVE -ALL Chrome finish (still want the visual ;p) 19"x9 (front) 19"x10 (rear). WA. state.

O..with an accurate delivery date please.
I guess your reading comprehension is a bit off lol

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 12:16 AM   #65
Islika153
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 coupe Space Grey

I think I have A.D.D. ...O sorry what did you say again? Hey, if the price is right and people give up on their order slots....Im interested. Besides the 3 pages of BLAH BLAH.. it comes down to you either hate them because their slow and customer service blows or their RIMs are so nice its worth the wait. So, you can continue on repeating the same stuff. What stuff were you talking about again? (sorry A.D.D. kicked in)
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 01:50 AM   #66
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKat View Post
I guess your reading comprehension is a bit off lol

Good luck
Now that's the best one I have heard for quite awhile, top marks, you get this weeks birthday cake!

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread