BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

02-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #419
coco savage
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW made them

2 freaking predictions?

come on "fans" stick your neck out and make a prediction!!
      02-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #420
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
2 freaking predictions?

Packers will win. Rodgers is a stud. Rottenburger is an average QB at best. I think both defenses are great so I will call it a wash there. Pitt has the slight edge in the running game but the Pack have looked good lately. It comes down to the QB and WR, I think Rothlisberger will hold onto the ball too long, as usual, and that will create at least 2 turnovers. I will give Big Ben some credit though, he leads the league in rapes every year!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #421
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
2 freaking predictions?

If there was a way for both teams to lose tonight, that would be my prediction.
      02-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #422
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Big Ben done f**ked up.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #423
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

TurdBurger...One INT!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #424
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

GREAT game. DEFENSE won that championship. 3 turnovers and they got points off of each.

MVP was a toss up IMO between Rodgers and Jennings, glad Rodgers got it though.

Favre who?! haha
      02-07-2011, 07:05 AM   #425
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Sucks for Favre. Black eyed peas are garbage. Everything that required production sucked. The game was mildly entertaining. Big Ben lost that game for his team. I still can't believe Rodgers went right back to Nelson on that late game first down play.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #426
335iaz
Cause their greeaaaaat!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: SBM E90 335i

Jennings? I would have thought Nelson over Rodgers since he racked up more yards ... but ... that 3rd down conversion late ... that was the game saving play right there! Go Pack!
      02-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #427
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iaz View Post
Jennings? I would have thought Nelson over Rodgers since he racked up more yards ... but ... that 3rd down conversion late ... that was the game saving play right there! Go Pack!
nelson had the yards but he also had 5 dropped passes. can't be most valuable if you can't catch.
      02-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #428
335iaz
Cause their greeaaaaat!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: SBM E90 335i

Good point, that would be touchdown that started the second half, that dropped pass hurt too ...
      02-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #429
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iaz View Post
Good point, that would be touchdown that started the second half, that dropped pass hurt too ...
they said he (nelson) was targeted 15 times throughout the game, and hauled in 9 for 140 and a TD. very good candidate for MVP until you look at his dropped passes.

I did like how they kept going right back to him though.
      02-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #430
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

So this was the first bad weekend. BOO. I hate offseason pre-draft. nothign to talk abo....oh wait. MOCK DRAFTS. lol

we should start talking about who we want our teams to draft, in the positions they're in and the likelyhood they'll actually be there for the draft. dont' say Green Bay is going to trade up and grab Mark Ingram! or something...

22. COLTS
Mike Pouncey

Oh dear god...if there's a chance we can grab this guy this late...we BETTER take it. I wanted Markice (sp?) last year.

Given Bill Polian's history in the first round (including Buffalo and Carolina) he's only ever drafted offensive lineman...TWICE. We obviously NEED a left tackle and a right guard, but we're going to need a center soon, too. Pouncey can cover guard and center and be an immediate upgrade to the right side of our HORRIBLE line.

Other picks:

We trade down. I honestly could see this happening. Get a couple more picks out of the deal and grab 2 or 3 OT/G/C in the second/third rounds.

Nate Solder

Don't know much about his career at Coloradr, but his tapes seem good and scouts like him.

Whatever we do....WE NEED HELP ON THE LINE. Peyton was hit too many times and our run game still blows.
      02-14-2011, 08:41 AM   #431
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
So this was the first bad weekend. BOO. I hate offseason pre-draft. nothign to talk abo....oh wait. MOCK DRAFTS. lol

we should start talking about who we want our teams to draft, in the positions they're in and the likelyhood they'll actually be there for the draft. dont' say Green Bay is going to trade up and grab Mark Ingram! or something...

22. COLTS
Mike Pouncey

Oh dear god...if there's a chance we can grab this guy this late...we BETTER take it. I wanted Markice (sp?) last year.

Given Bill Polian's history in the first round (including Buffalo and Carolina) he's only ever drafted offensive lineman...TWICE. We obviously NEED a left tackle and a right guard, but we're going to need a center soon, too. Pouncey can cover guard and center and be an immediate upgrade to the right side of our HORRIBLE line.

Other picks:

We trade down. I honestly could see this happening. Get a couple more picks out of the deal and grab 2 or 3 OT/G/C in the second/third rounds.

Nate Solder

Don't know much about his career at Coloradr, but his tapes seem good and scouts like him.

Whatever we do....WE NEED HELP ON THE LINE. Peyton was hit too many times and our run game still blows.

Yeah the Giants were in line to get Pouncey this year in some mock drafts too. It is believed that his brother has more work ethic and a better head on his shoulders.
      02-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #432
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Yeah the Giants were in line to get Pouncey this year in some mock drafts too. It is believed that his brother has more work ethic and a better head on his shoulders.
yeah, but i feel we could use a versatile G/C like pouncey to take over when saturday is done.
      02-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #433
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Would be nice if we could get a shutdown corner. However, that four game winning streak probably took us out of the running for the two guys who would fit that bill.

Latest buzz was that we could still get a badass LB at our spot in round 1 but I can't remember who it was and I'm too lazy to look up the draft board. Also, Suh is lobbying heavily for the Lions to get Prince, but they'd have to trade up for that for sure, and I don't see anyone on their roster who would be valuable enough to trade up that high, unless we lose a crucial position player. Wouldn't be a good idea.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #434
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Would be nice if we could get a shutdown corner. However, that four game winning streak probably took us out of the running for the two guys who would fit that bill.
It is crazy to think someone is gonna get Asamougha... If you are gonna pay a first round pick all that money.. I would much rather pay a little bit more for a proven product in Asamougha.

Prince is the shutdown corner no?
      02-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #435
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It is crazy to think someone is gonna get Asamougha... If you are gonna pay a first round pick all that money.. I would much rather pay a little bit more for a proven product in Asamougha.

my thoughts exactly on Asamougha. The colts could use a nice shut down corner like that. but that's never gonna happen. thank bill polian for NEVER getting ANYONE in free agency. EVER.
      02-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #436
dvong
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

go 49ers
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #437
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:

Yeah but Asamougha has said he wants to go to a winner. As good as things look for the Lions next year if we fill in a couple gaps, it's still just conjecture. Yeah, Prince and Peterson are the shutdown corners available, after that there's a decent drop in talent at that position, probably no one worth the 1st round spot the Lions have.

Von Miller would also be nice, but he won't be available then either. It might be good for the lions to get Aldon Smith, considering his size and talent (which we badly need at LB atm). But, if we don't get a decent corner, through free agency or the draft, we're going to continue to have problems on D.

I'm curious to see whether Mayhew follows Suh's lobbying... Mayhew has been brilliant so far, and Suh has a lot of pull, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we ended up with Prince. Maybe we could make some moves using Avril as trade-up material and get Prince, or it would be real nice if we could get that higher spot for Prince AND get a later 1st round pick and steal Watt if he's still around. Watt, Vanden Bosch, Suh, and Williams on the D Line? Forget it. That would be ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #438
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

asamougha is going to the jets watch
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #439
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Watt, Vanden Bosch, Suh, and Williams on the D Line? Forget it. That would be ridiculous.
It would be ridiculous next year... it would be unstoppable for the next 4. They would turn that whole division upside down. With any secondary what so ever, the QB will be throwing that ball out of bounds 50% of the time to avoid the sack. At least, that is the goal with a D-Line like that.

Don't forget your O-line needs some serious work still. You are still missing a #1 RB. Best and Morris .... Neither made enough of an impression on me to look to them as a guaranteed #1.

This is just an outsider looking in. I am sure your opinions are much more accurate than my own. I only watched about 50% of the Lions games this year while Best was my RB on my FF team.
      02-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #440
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
It would be ridiculous next year... it would be unstoppable for the next 4. They would turn that whole division upside down. With any secondary what so ever, the QB will be throwing that ball out of bounds 50% of the time to avoid the sack. At least, that is the goal with a D-Line like that.

Don't forget your O-line needs some serious work still. You are still missing a #1 RB. Best and Morris .... Neither made enough of an impression on me to look to them as a guaranteed #1.

This is just an outsider looking in. I am sure your opinions are much more accurate than my own. I only watched about 50% of the Lions games this year while Best was my RB on my FF team.
Best is a situational back, nothing more.... As I predicted when we wasted that pick on him. However, in those situations, he shines. And Morris is good enough to be a reliable #1 back as we saw in the last few games of the season. The Lions don't need an all-star RB to excel on offense, just someone who can make the other team respect the possibility of a run. This was a big reason for their success towards the end of the season. A decent running game opens up PA and the secondary, where any half decent QB will murder any defense with those tools, provided the OLine doesn't get him killed first.

I think we really only have one spot to fill on the offensive line, and that's to get rid of Peterman. We can't ditch Backus, although I'd absolutely LOVE to (due to his absurd contract). Towards the end of the season, the line looked a lot better (minus Peterman). I think some of that also had to do with the successful running game where the defense wasn't pinning their ears back on the pass rush every play. Amazing what a decent ground game can do for you in the NFL....

Mayhew has done well so far in the drafts, using his "best available regardless of position" methods, but now that the Lions don't have as many gaps to fill, he's going to have to jockey for spots to get the best guys for those gaps, trade up or trade down depending on whether there's no one at our spot that we need, or to get our guys earlier in the round. Keep in mind, he's also excelled in FA, and there are a lot of stellar players left, and the Lions have plenty of cap room.

We'll see. This off-season will be interesting and for once it's not because we're all trying to figure out who the Lions are going to nab with their top5 pick!
Appreciate 0