BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

11-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
24 sd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 coupe edition

delay

placed an order on a e92 m3 coupe ltd edition in september.deleverly date november now the dealer has said will be december now but still no build day confirmed by bmw and has no good explanation for a delay of at least 4 wks.am pissed to say the least.has any1 else had this trouble or does any1 have info thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
Pete The Greek
the greek guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 AW/FR

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [0.00]
Limited edition?

First off you shouldn't ever go by what your dealer says, get the production number/last four of the VIN and track it yourself. Second, do a search and find the normal wait times at each stage of production then see for yourself where you stand time wise with everyone else. Normally the whole process takes about 6-8 weeks. So if your CA told you 6 weeks then switched it to 8 weeks it could still be on schedule, delay is normal to a certain extent. Maybe the production got delayed for whatever reason or its just taking too long to get on a ship in Bremerhaven, or even waiting long at VPC (which could mean your car may have been damaged upon delivery). Theres so many stages where it can be delayed, its hard to pinpoint the reason without knowing in which stage of production you are.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Not sure how things are in Scotland but you should have at least a way to track the car yourself. Just saying they don't have any information about it isn't good enough.

Also, Are you referring to the M3 Edition model? If so, how good was the deal you got on it?
      11-02-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GMC Sierra

I'm guessing you ordered the limited edition that has the black wheels and such which we don't get here in the US. My guess is BMW hasn't quite got everything together to get production moving at a swift pace for this model yet. That would explain why your dealer can't give you any good info. Typically, the dealer can see exactly where your car is at through the various stages of production including the week it should be built.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
24 sd
Enlisted Member
Rep

tahnks guys.yea i mean the coupe edition with in monte carlo blue n black wheels,i got a sik deal on it off my dealer after a bit of haggling lol.good news on the car front my dealer has located the same car only spec diffrence is loudspecker system bmw buisness to my choice which was logic 7 professional.wat should i do take the car next week or wait for the logic 7?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 sd View Post
tahnks guys.yea i mean the coupe edition with in monte carlo blue n black wheels,i got a sik deal on it off my dealer after a bit of haggling lol.good news on the car front my dealer has located the same car only spec diffrence is loudspecker system bmw buisness to my choice which was logic 7 professional.wat should i do take the car next week or wait for the logic 7?
Probably need to listen to each & decide for yourself. Logic 7 & BMW Business are not options for the M3 in the US.

Maybe someone in the regional forum would know. Taking a car that isn't optioned the way you want it would be a mistake. GL
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
24 sd
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Probably need to listen to each & decide for yourself. Logic 7 & BMW Business are not options for the M3 in the US.

Maybe someone in the regional forum would know. Taking a car that isn't optioned the way you want it would be a mistake. GL
thanks dude.fuking hard decision
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 sd View Post
Most people that have the Logic 7 seem to like it alot. But you'll have to hear it yourself. Maybe bring some music you know well to judge with.