BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions

06-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #23
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

yep the rear is just plain nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #24
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Saw one in Rome. It looks nice in montion
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:37 AM   #25
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS13 View Post
Show us a picture of the rear, its horrible!!! Its such a beautiful car otherwise. Its like they said "F" it, who cares about the rear.
Horrible compared to what, the front? If so then I would agree with you in that Audi didn't give it as nice a tail as it did a nose but it's not a total disaster. I don't think the word horrible shouldn't even be used on this occasion, maybe unadventurous or disappointing but not horrible. That word should be reserved for what BMW has done with the F20 1er, they had an opportunity to address the failings of the old 1er like packaging but instead burdened to thing with the kind of face even a mother would struggle to love.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 06:23 AM   #26
NFS13
Car Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is / R8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Horrible compared to what, the front? If so then I would agree with you in that Audi didn't give it as nice a tail as it did a nose but it's not a total disaster. I don't think the word horrible shouldn't even be used on this occasion, maybe unadventurous or disappointing but not horrible. That word should be reserved for what BMW has done with the F20 1er, they had an opportunity to address the failings of the old 1er like packaging but instead burdened to thing with the kind of face even a mother would struggle to love.
I was at the dealership looking at it in the lot for a half an hour. The car from the rear quarter forward is beautiful! The interior is beautiful!. But the rear is too short for that upward angle ( a foot too short ). The rear deck looked to be split into two equal panels ( I am guessing one is a pop up spoiler? ) but the deck is only about 18" high and very steep.
I know you are an Audi guy, so its hard for you to accept. But the fact is it looks like they fell asleep with the clay knife when they got to the back!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 09:15 AM   #27
Mike V8
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3 DCT

Hello beasty
"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #28
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Yeah I like Audi but the Leaders of this board has limited my input on this forum to discussing non-BMW material and forced me to discuss mainly Audi related topics. So it gives the impression I'm even more an Audi fan than I am.

As for the claim you can't polish a turd, I beg to differ because you in fact can polish a turd, Mythbusters did it to great effect.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #29
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Pics bigger than Trump's dick?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #30
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Yeah I like Audi but the Leaders of this board has limited my input on this forum to discussing non-BMW material and forced me to discuss mainly Audi related topics. So it gives the impression I'm even more an Audi fan than I am.

As for the claim you can't polish a turd, I beg to differ because you in fact can polish a turd, Mythbusters did it to great effect.
I kind of like it, even though the rear does take getting used to. But I like the CLS more. The way benz has priced the CLS, a V8 motor and a few options that you pay for on the Audi, it would be my choice, at least state side. That being said, I want to wait for the S7 and see how they price it. If it is ~75K, it will be a tough choice between the Benz and the Audi. Also, just FYI for all you BMW fan boys the new 6 is a big FAIL. For that kind of money, especially for the rag top, I would be hard pressed not to get myself an SL550, which is a much better GT.
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 11:02 PM   #31
len56
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a gentleman

ima go ahead and say that imo audi has THE best designs out there right now. (and I'm a benz guy... who now wants an audi )

i think the back looks fine on this, kind of more aggressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPower View Post
I kind of like it, even though the rear does take getting used to. But I like the CLS more. The way benz has priced the CLS, a V8 motor and a few options that you pay for on the Audi, it would be my choice, at least state side. That being said, I want to wait for the S7 and see how they price it. If it is ~75K, it will be a tough choice between the Benz and the Audi. Also, just FYI for all you BMW fan boys the new 6 is a big FAIL. For that kind of money, especially for the rag top, I would be hard pressed not to get myself an SL550, which is a much better GT.
CLS is a completely different (higher) class of car lol (in canada, 109k for the CLS and 68k for the A7 [starting prices of course])
      06-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #32
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by len56 View Post
ima go ahead and say that imo audi has THE best designs out there right now. (and I'm a benz guy... who now wants an audi )

i think the back looks fine on this, kind of more aggressive

CLS is a completely different (higher) class of car lol (in canada, 109k for the CLS and 68k for the A7 [starting prices of course])
Audi does have smooth designs

they are swedish simple though...Clean, but not loud. The badge isn't loud either.

Mercedes S Class is a loud car....you notice a large Mercedes or an SL or SLS. Only the C class and SLK get lost because they are small and diminutive.

Audi just can't match the presence of Merc...nor can BMW.
The Panamera and Cayenne have presence though, the 911 does not (too small and meek).

Loud Sedan:

1. Mercedes S or E Class or CLS
2. Panamera
3. A5 (yes its a coupe, but loud), its broad and sleek
4. Maybe the A7, but can't match the Porsche or Benz badge.

For Audi, only the A5 and R8 have massive presence, all the other cars get lost even with their lights.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #33
Rabbi010
Registered
Rep
Drives: Daily Driving Beater

Nice pics. What kind of camera and lens did you use? Did you use photoshop for the editing or another program?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #34
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

cool car... especially the interior.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #35
yermo
You know I am kind of a big deal...
Rep
Drives: 18 m4, 19 x5

love that car, just saw one today and it is so nice. love the interior. RS7 anyone...
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 09:25 PM   #36
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
A friend has one, nice looking from the front and side, ugly and weird rear, the rear window is oversized and the stop lights are too low, it feels like an elephant sat on the rear.......
Appreciate 0