BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

07-15-2009, 06:48 AM   #1
carri0n m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x5M

help - steering wheel feels dry

after my 1200 mile service (during the middle of the 45-day stretch of rain in boston) the clown service people soaked my car and specifically the steering wheel was wet all the way around when I got in. I quickly dried it off but certainly doesnt feel full and plush anymore... more so like dry, hard leather... anyone have a similar experience or can give advice to fix this?

imagine some sort of leather product but dont want to end up slicking up the wheel or something

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 06:37 AM   #2
PoorMan
Hello my name is...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT

You shouldnt have accepted the car in the condition it was in. You should have took it up with the service people right there and then. If the wheel lost it's cushion feel?I would say water got under the leather as well. Imo take it back to the dealer and have them take care of it.
Appreciate 0