BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

05-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #23
Giccy
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: like he has much to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaSai.M3 View Post
I appreciate this response!
+1 Ditto
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #24
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I upgraded from EDC to KW Clubsports. I've never driven on regular v3, and I know that CS is more track oriented than V3. If you like your normal settings of EDC and you find Sport too harsh, I wouldnt recommend going with aftermarket coilovers. I run my CS on 9 bump for the street ( 3 clicks softer than recommended 6) and 9/11 F/R Rebound. Ride is harsher than Sport EDC, but more importantly CS are louder than going over road imperfections.

The car handles and looks better, CS will allow to have proper track alignment especially for softer side wall tires out there, but you will pay the price of ride comfort.

I wouldnt run CS for DD.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #25
TX335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
I upgraded from EDC to KW Clubsports. I've never driven on regular v3, and I know that CS is more track oriented than V3. If you like your normal settings of EDC and you find Sport too harsh, I wouldnt recommend going with aftermarket coilovers. I run my CS on 9 bump for the street ( 3 clicks softer than recommended 6) and 9/11 F/R Rebound. Ride is harsher than Sport EDC, but more importantly CS are louder than going over road imperfections.

The car handles and looks better, CS will allow to have proper track alignment especially for softer side wall tires out there, but you will pay the price of ride comfort.

I wouldnt run CS for DD.
Interesting. Someone else with KW CS likened the ride to being between normal and sport (slightly closer to sport). I've seen a lot of people say that the ride is around the sport setting, actually.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #26
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX335 View Post
Interesting. Someone else with KW CS likened the ride to being between normal and sport (slightly closer to sport). I've seen a lot of people say that the ride is around the sport setting, actually.
I used to have my EDC set on Sport 90 percent of the time. I like it firm
CS even on 9 bump is stiffer and louder over road cracks. On recommended 6 bump it will be a lot stiffer. The shittier the road, the more you feel the difference.

I miss EDC, but I love sharp handling, I wish my wife was more understanding
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #27
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny View Post

I wouldnt run CS for DD.
Wouldn't spring rates have something to do with the comfort and aren't they customizable? Enquiring minds want to know
      05-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #28
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

personally I hate the EDC set up I don't think it works well enough for a weekend warrior. but that is just me I'm sure lots of people would feel differently

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #29
TX335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
Wouldn't spring rates have something to do with the comfort and aren't they customizable? Enquiring minds want to know
The damping is adjustable, not the spring rates. Just like EDC works, but with different (stiffer) springs.
Appreciate 0