BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

BPM

01-10-2008, 02:42 PM   #111
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
T-Bone,

The M6 is a point and squirt machine with no real finesse, not like an M3 or even a RS4 or R8 for that matter.

Oh, I forgot both of those are Audis which must be wrong because according to you Audis suck.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #112
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Come on now, I had an Audi with my M6 until I realized that Audis really sucked. Answer me honestly, how many pieces of clothing do you have that have MB or BMW on it?? Be honest! I have one hat Mr. Brand Whore
yea wait didnt you or your protoge say that audis are for gays
      01-11-2008, 12:52 AM   #113
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
You honeslty want to know, 1, its a girls white MB beanie that I gave my gf when I got it in a raffle at work....
See wasn't so hard to admit you had some branded clothing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
T-Bone,

The M6 is a point and squirt machine with no real finesse, not like an M3 or even a RS4 or R8 for that matter.

Oh, I forgot both of those are Audis which must be wrong because according to you Audis suck.

Too bad you live over in the UK, otherwise we could hit a racetrack together. I don't know of any racetrack that the RS4 would be better than the M6 except ones that run uphill in the snow.

BTW, I track my M6, and I have driven M5, Z4M and the M6 on the track. Put some R compound rubber on the M6 and it will give most cars a run for the money save GT3, Z06

The M3 will destroy any RS4 on the track.
      01-11-2008, 05:05 AM   #114
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Too bad you live over in the UK, otherwise we could hit a racetrack together. I don't know of any racetrack that the RS4 would be better than the M6 except ones that run uphill in the snow.
I agree that the M6 would be quicker on a track than a RS4 but that was not my point about the M6, it was that the thing has not real finesse, not like the M3, R8, RS4, 997, Cayman, Boxster etc, etc, etc.......there is more to life than speed.

Quote:
The M3 will destroy any RS4 on the track.
Again I am not in disagreement with you, the M3 will be quicker than the RS4 on this front, newer technology etc, but on the road where conditions, road surfaces etc change from one corner to the next the RS4 is a seriously competent machine and this is where it's rallying heritage kicks in.

So in my opinion on the track rwd is by far the quickest and best opinion but when it comes to road use awd is still king.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 06:41 AM   #115
BYZBYZ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

335i rules
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #116
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I agree that the M6 would be quicker on a track than a RS4 but that was not my point about the M6, it was that the thing has not real finesse, not like the M3, R8, RS4, 997, Cayman, Boxster etc, etc, etc.......there is more to life than speed.

Again I am not in disagreement with you, the M3 will be quicker than the RS4 on this front, newer technology etc, but on the road where conditions, road surfaces etc change from one corner to the next the RS4 is a seriously competent machine and this is where it's rallying heritage kicks in.

So in my opinion on the track rwd is by far the quickest and best opinion but when it comes to road use awd is still king.

Slow and feels like Jello.

I haven't driven the S5 / R8 yet but I hope things have improved.
      01-11-2008, 02:57 PM   #117
E90ice
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Slow and feels like Jello.

I haven't driven the S5 / R8 yet but I hope things have improved.
      01-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #118
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you think that was impressive then look at this one.

Clearly the new M3 is a much quicker car than even a CSL.

But was any of that very the point, my comments were regarding the lack of finesse that the M6 chassis has and no amount of videos showing a RS4 getting beaten in a straight line will change any of that.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #119
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
If you think that was impressive then look at this one.

Clearly the new M3 is a much quicker car than even a CSL.

But was any of that very the point, my comments were regarding the lack of finesse that the M6 chassis has and no amount of videos showing a RS4 getting beaten in a straight line will change any of that.

I am not sure how to quantify or demonstrate the M6's handling by words. All I can say is that it is bulky on the road but feels very nimble at high speeds on the track.

You should try it.
      01-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #120
E90ice
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I am not sure how to quantify or demonstrate the M6's handling by words. All I can say is that it is bulky on the road but feels very nimble at high speeds on the track.

You should try it.
He probably hasn't or wont, but just likes to talk smack because his beloved RS4 / S5 always get spanked by BMW M3 / 335.
Look how lame the S5 performs. Lost or barely even to a "one wheel drive" 335 on shity tires. I guess the "quattro" was broken during that test
      01-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #121
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

You should try it.
I haven't tried the M6, only M5 which up to a point impressed me but I felt that the engine was the main character in the whole thing and dominated everything, it's one of those occasions when a slight front weight balance and 500hp going solely to the rear felt like a bad idea. Unlike the M3 the M5 you know there was a point when the chassis said enough was enough.

I can't knock the thing for the speed it's capable of, because there is few cars can gather speed as quickly but to me the chassis isn't one of BMW's finest. I reckon if BMW had given the M5 and M6 the new X-Drive out of the X6 then we wouldn't be having this debate at all because I would probably be praising it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E9Rice
He probably hasn't or wont, but just likes to talk smack because his beloved RS4 / S5 always get spanked by BMW M3 / 335.
Look how lame the S5 performs. Lost or barely even to a "one wheel drive" 335 on shity tires. I guess the "quattro" was broken during that test
So you happen to drive a one wheel drive car do you, it wouldn't happen to be a scooter would it. Because most of what you say would lead me to believe you don't actually hold a license.

Is there ever anything that you bring to the table that isn't gibberish, I think when someone described you as T-Bone's whipping boy they got it right.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #122
E90ice
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I haven't tried the M6, only M5 which up to a point impressed me but I felt that the engine was the main character in the whole thing and dominated everything, it's one of those occasions when a slight front weight balance and 500hp going solely to the rear felt like a bad idea. Unlike the M3 the M5 you know there was a point when the chassis said enough was enough.

I can't knock the thing for the speed it's capable of, because there is few cars can gather speed as quickly but to me the chassis isn't one of BMW's finest. I reckon if BMW had given the M5 and M6 the new X-Drive out of the X6 then we wouldn't be having this debate at all because I would probably be praising it.

So you happen to drive a one wheel drive car do you, it wouldn't happen to be a scooter would it. Because most of what you say would lead me to believe you don't actually hold a license.

Is there ever anything that you bring to the table that isn't gibberish, I think when someone described you as T-Bone's whipping boy they got it right.
Can you ever bring FACTS to the table, besides junk?

Has nothing to do with T-Bone. Him and I share the same "love" for Audis. In others words we both think they suck ass.
This was also proved by countless tests.

Have you ever seen the RS4 or S5 win anything in a performance test against a competitor? Nope.
The RS4 lost even to the C63. In every category. It even lost to a ML63, a truck.

But i'm happy you didn't go with BMW. It's not the right car for you. It's a drivers car.
      01-11-2008, 11:32 PM   #123
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

You REALLY need to drive the M5 / M6 on the track. As I stated, I readily admit my car is clunky on the road but 3rd gear in the power band, it is an awesome car on the track.

With the M differential, you can easily throttle steer with the M5 / M6 - the car feels very neutral on the track. BMW definitely dialed in understeer but this is to prevent people with no talent from killing themselves.

You noted that the engine is the center of the driving experience.....there is nothing wrong with this is there? Take it on the track and you will feel the engineering that went into the drivetrain and chassis.

BTW, the M6 weighs about the same as my 335xi and only slightly heavier than the new M3....
      01-12-2008, 04:21 AM   #124
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: By the seat of her pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeB View Post
for being so sensitive to sensible "criticisms" on "your forum" you readily hand them out - including calling me a clown, noob and questioning my living in Berkeley - for your information, not that its any of your business, Im from Southern California and am up here working at the UC. Does that make me metrosexual and materialistic now?

As I am new to this forum, I hope you are the exception and not the rule.
Welcome to the site and yes "they" are the exception. Just put posters like those on your ignore list..

I do, LOL! For example on some threads? I sometimes see this down the whole length of the page:
__________________________________________________ _______________

This message is hidden because **** is on your ignore list.

Works great
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #125
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobizach View Post
Welcome to the site and yes "they" are the exception. Just put posters like those on your ignore list..

I do, LOL! For example on some threads? I sometimes see this down the whole length of the page:

This message is hidden because **** is on your ignore list.

Works great
      01-12-2008, 09:05 AM   #126
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
How did a 335 vs 350z thread turn into a Audi vs M5/6 thread of all things? lol
      01-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #127
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Because this place has turned into a kindergarten.
      01-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #128
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
      01-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #129
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobizach View Post

Works great

Because the

01-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #130
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 718 GT4

Quote:
Pssahhh, Audis are the ultimate fashion accessories for the metrosexual who hates driving. Doesn't everyone share this view?
+1000
________
CHRYSLER HORIZON HISTORY
________
Bmw R32 History
________
LovelyWendie
________
Prilosec Lawsuit Info

Last edited by OverDrive; 04-14-2011 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 05:35 PM   #131
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post
+1000

You need to state your opinion in a SERIOUS, non-confrontational, humorless and witless manner or else you will be accused of being my side-kick.

We all know the Internet is a Serious Business!

01-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #132
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 01 Black 911 Turbo, 09 X5

I just ran a 2007 350Z about a month ago, I used my by-pass plugs and returned the car to stock and then raced him, it was a close race I beat him by about 2 cars from 0-120ish. Now when I had V1.47 he got raped.
Appreciate 0