BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

01-27-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
Leglessracing
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

Bmw Motorsport Ap racing Caliper info wanted

Hi guys,
I've been looking around. Does anyone have the specs for the bmw m3 gt4 bmw Motorsport apracing brake Calipers at all?
They have the bmw part number 8321569 for the front Caliper and 8321571 for the rear Caliper
Really looking to see what the mounting holes gap is to see if I can use the bmw Motorsport Caliper brackets
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 03:56 PM   #2
steven_s
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

yesssss i was wondering the same thing.

turn that thing into sex on wheels
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 08:21 AM   #3
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I'm sure Essex parts could put something together for you.
      01-28-2016, 04:31 PM   #4
Leglessracing
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
I'm sure Essex parts could put something together for you.
I'm not looking to have something made up in regards to a kit. It's just whether I can get away with using the bmw ms Caliper brackets or having to get some custom ones made up
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 12:59 PM   #5
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Do you have any pics of the calipers on the car? I may be able to identify them from pics.

As mentioned, we now have complete kits that will get you 95% of the performance at about 1/4 of the price you're going to pay for AP's most expensive Radi-CAL's. We are using all AP Racing motorsport components...not road components.

As an example:

Essex Designed AP Racing Pro5000R Competition BBK

We've seen many customers go down this path, but once you start figuring in adapter brackets, spares, etc., you'll quickly realize that our properly sorted kits are the favorable route to pursue. Let me know if we can be of any assistance.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #6
Leglessracing
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jritt@essex View Post
Do you have any pics of the calipers on the car? I may be able to identify them from pics.

As mentioned, we now have complete kits that will get you 95% of the performance at about 1/4 of the price you're going to pay for AP's most expensive Radi-CAL's. We are using all AP Racing motorsport components...not road components.

As an example:

Essex Designed AP Racing Pro5000R Competition BBK

We've seen many customers go down this path, but once you start figuring in adapter brackets, spares, etc., you'll quickly realize that our properly sorted kits are the favorable route to pursue. Let me know if we can be of any assistance.
Hiya,
I'm building a full on endurance car. I am running cp6078 and cp6160 Calipers. With the view of running centre lock wheels too. These are being matched up to discs and pads from a sponsor. So it all comes down to whether I can run the bmw ms brackets or if I need to get them custom made. If I was keeping it as a road car I would go with a generic kit but I'm going for monoblock race kit instead. Ive tried emailing through several times for specs and costs of different parts (Ap air jacks and info with the yost team) to the uk but never seem to get a reply. I messaged you a few times on this forum too in regards to a reply as well. Hopefully we can get some specs figured out

You can see the Calipers that I am using in my build thread. I did highlight the thread to you before so hopefully you will remember it. http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1093350
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2016, 02:30 PM   #7
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leglessracing View Post
Hiya,
I'm building a full on endurance car. I am running cp6078 and cp6160 Calipers. With the view of running centre lock wheels too. These are being matched up to discs and pads from a sponsor. So it all comes down to whether I can run the bmw ms brackets or if I need to get them custom made. If I was keeping it as a road car I would go with a generic kit but I'm going for monoblock race kit instead. Ive tried emailing through several times for specs and costs of different parts (Ap air jacks and info with the yost team) to the uk but never seem to get a reply. I messaged you a few times on this forum too in regards to a reply as well. Hopefully we can get some specs figured out

You can see the Calipers that I am using in my build thread. I did highlight the thread to you before so hopefully you will remember it. http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1093350
Marc,
We sent you some numbers on the air jacks last spring. In your last pm to me (4/1/15), you said you had received the email from my salesman and that you were all set. I've never received any pm's from you regarding brakes however.

As for the brakes, AP would typically not be providing mounting brackets to the race team. I'm fairly certain BMW would be handling the integration on the car themselves (with AP's guidance on master cylinder sizing, pedal box, etc.). You're going to be on your own most likely with regards to mounting brackets. If you could get them, you'd probably have to buy them from BMW Motorsports. I just fired your question off to one of the AP race engineers in England. I'll get back to you asap.

Please email me to continue this conversation. Thanks!

ps Awesome brake hardware, and a super cool build!

Last edited by jritt@essex; 02-02-2016 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0