BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #23
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Let's not let this whole Spanish comment blow over, I noticed it and wondered if there was any real reason behind it but I think we can chalk it up to OP being pissed in general, and this minor unncessary detail slipped.

But yes, I see the irony in his concern for him being stereotyped, lol.
      04-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #24
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60

Sucks man. Lots of cocksuckers willing to sue anyone for anything....this is America after all. Keep the distance.

I always keep distance... I hate people behind me that don't but I always do I have been involved in a few scary situations where I have had to brake so hard that I had to go into the other lane to avoid rear ending the car in front of me. After a few of those close calls I learned my lesson.

Your insurance rates are going to skyrocket. Pray to god she does not sue you. What do you mean hiding from the insurance? Were you even under your parents insurance? I am 17 and no way in hell can i drive without being added under my parents not only is the illegal but its dangerous and risky.

+1 lets forget the spanish comment he mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #25
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aretardedorange View Post
Sucks man. Lots of cocksuckers willing to sue anyone for anything....this is America after all. Keep the distance.

I always keep distance... I hate people behind me that don't but I always do I have been involved in a few scary situations where I have had to brake so hard that I had to go into the other lane to avoid rear ending the car in front of me. After a few of those close calls I learned my lesson.

Your insurance rates are going to skyrocket. Pray to god she does not sue you. What do you mean hiding from the insurance? Were you even under your parents insurance? I am 17 and no way in hell can i drive without being added under my parents not only is the illegal but its dangerous and risky.

+1 lets forget the spanish comment he mentioned.
This..i once had to drive between two lanes to sandwich myself between the cars in front of me...the car behind me barely missed hitting the car that was in front of me initially!

When someone's been tailgating me for a long time and even if i speed up/slow down they don't stop..i use the windshield washers and "piss" on them.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #26
CasperSYTFU
SYTFU Crew
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2010 Toyota FJ

Garage List
Yea. She's going to get paid. For sure. Pain and suffering. Don't worry it's not like you have bare minimum liability RIGHT? I got hit on my motorcycle and had a settlement. Luckily the woman had enough coverage so that she didnt have to get sued for the difference. Most likely all her medical etc will be covered by your insurance. no biggie.

your rates will go up like any other at fault incident, however your current policy may choose to drop you if they have to pay out enough (but its not like a police record... any other insurance will pick you up, just have to let them know there was an accident.)
      04-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #27
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

btw OP, I forgot you were the one who's been virtually not having insurance for the past 5-6 years. REALLY count your blessings here, hope that the insurance agency doesn't look into this, and just really count your blessings man.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #28
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
This..i once had to drive between two lanes to sandwich myself between the cars in front of me...the car behind me barely missed hitting the car that was in front of me initially!

When someone's been tailgating me for a long time and even if i speed up/slow down they don't stop..i use the windshield washers and "piss" on them.
this like its my job, i cant stand people that tailgate me. its just plain stupid and immature.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #29
ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
Thumbs up

OP, glad you're ok. That's really all that matters. Sheet metal and plastic can be replaced. Also, I'm sorry that driving is so hard for your people (Koreans). just kidding. I don't care where you're from - it's silly if people want to latch on to that. And... adding that the chick you hit was possibly Spanish or Mexican or Martian shouldn't offend anyone. Just goes to show how insecure/sensitive people are... but, I digress...

Now.. about the fact that you're about to be sued hardcore (maybe... probably...). Make sure you're on good terms with your insurance company and be 100000% honest with them. You could end up really needing their help. I cannot overemphasize the honesty requirement. I'm not implying that you wouldn't be, but I was fortunate enough to have a younger/cooler attorney that sat me down and was like "Yo. Here is the part where you tell the truth." I was glad he was direct with me like that.

When I was in college, I was probably about 20 or so, I rear ended a minivan, which continued on and hit a stopped school bus full of mentally challenged kids. (I couldn't make this up) It was a mess - at one point, I was hoping to come out of some sort of shock-induced dream and find the steering column in my chest. You think a few dorm rooms of kids laughing was bad?? Dude... I did this driving to my parents' house out in the country - on the one area of road where we have 4 house's of family/.friends who all live in a row. Not only were they all home, but the old aunt of mine (RIP) was having a knitting party or something and like 20ppl were at her place. As soon as I wrecked, there were 50 ppl that knew me out in their yards walking over to the scene. It was like a nightmare - a nightmare with a dozen mentally handicapped kids crying and running around while some old guy was yelling at me about his van and his neck. It was a mix of embarrassment and bewilderment. WhereTheF-cakes could all of these people have come from - I thought as I crawled out the window of my mom's new, albeit crashed, SUV. (i trucked that fucker, about 55ish... oh yeah, bad).

Well, my insurance company became my best friend when the old bastard sued me for much, much more than I had access to. A nice new SUV with a top 10 college sticker on the window made that guys neck hurt even worse. I think when he got my name and exclaimed, "You guys own WXYZ Co., don't ya?" he could already envision his dream boat.

Long story short, 5 years later my insurance company settled with him (them - the wife sued me as well for "Detriment to marriage due to failure of husband to perform marital duties." (yeah, total bs.) and I didn't have to go to hearings anymore to listen to why he can't pork his wife and how it's my fault. I've seen her. No one could bang her.

Good luck!

ps- Spanish chicks are cool. If she was good looking, at least now you have her number! chin up. everybody makes mistakes.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #30
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

thanks guys, i uploaded some pics. please disregard the comments on race, was venting, spur of the moment, without thought. i have deleted the comments and also deleted some details to protect from the web if you will.

hope you guys all understand and i hope this doesn't escalate to something more. eta on my car being repaired and returned is about 2 weeks. will keep things posted to see how it turns out...
      04-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #31
ryan970
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Tiag 328i,DGM F10 550

at least your alright and the car wasnt badly damaged
      04-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #32
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
OP, glad you're ok. That's really all that matters. Sheet metal and plastic can be replaced. Also, I'm sorry that driving is so hard for your people (Koreans). just kidding. I don't care where you're from - it's silly if people want to latch on to that. And... adding that the chick you hit was possibly Spanish or Mexican or Martian shouldn't offend anyone. Just goes to show how insecure/sensitive people are... but, I digress...

Now.. about the fact that you're about to be sued hardcore (maybe... probably...). Make sure you're on good terms with your insurance company and be 100000% honest with them. You could end up really needing their help. I cannot overemphasize the honesty requirement. I'm not implying that you wouldn't be, but I was fortunate enough to have a younger/cooler attorney that sat me down and was like "Yo. Here is the part where you tell the truth." I was glad he was direct with me like that.

When I was in college, I was probably about 20 or so, I rear ended a minivan, which continued on and hit a stopped school bus full of mentally challenged kids. (I couldn't make this up) It was a mess - at one point, I was hoping to come out of some sort of shock-induced dream and find the steering column in my chest. You think a few dorm rooms of kids laughing was bad?? Dude... I did this driving to my parents' house out in the country - on the one area of road where we have 4 house's of family/.friends who all live in a row. Not only were they all home, but the old aunt of mine (RIP) was having a knitting party or something and like 20ppl were at her place. As soon as I wrecked, there were 50 ppl that knew me out in their yards walking over to the scene. It was like a nightmare - a nightmare with a dozen mentally handicapped kids crying and running around while some old guy was yelling at me about his van and his neck. It was a mix of embarrassment and bewilderment. WhereTheF-cakes could all of these people have come from - I thought as I crawled out the window of my mom's new, albeit crashed, SUV. (i trucked that fucker, about 55ish... oh yeah, bad).

Well, my insurance company became my best friend when the old bastard sued me for much, much more than I had access to. A nice new SUV with a top 10 college sticker on the window made that guys neck hurt even worse. I think when he got my name and exclaimed, "You guys own WXYZ Co., don't ya?" he could already envision his dream boat.

Long story short, 5 years later my insurance company settled with him (them - the wife sued me as well for "Detriment to marriage due to failure of husband to perform marital duties." (yeah, total bs.) and I didn't have to go to hearings anymore to listen to why he can't pork his wife and how it's my fault. I've seen her. No one could bang her.

Good luck!

ps- Spanish chicks are cool. If she was good looking, at least now you have her number! chin up. everybody makes mistakes.
That sounds so terrible! How in the world...imagine the odds. You hit a greedy motherfucker who then hits a bus full of mentally challenged kids and then the greedy guy and his wife sue you.....

I always keep my distance behind those minivan drivers. Never met a safe minivan driver. Either they are over cautious or just dangerous. Trying to pass me at 90 mph on I95 then cutting me off and slowing down to 65.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #33
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
sucks op. kinda funny your parents yelled at you haha. I was 23 and rear ended someone in our business work car, a hyundai elantra. my dad still yelled at me lol. the call went kinda like this...

me: hey uh dad, i just rear ended someone
him: you fucking idiot, WTF is wrong with you?

not are you OK haha. and I was 23 lol

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #34
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
I loathe everyone equally

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #35
MichaelSNU
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 X3; 2016 Volvo XC60 T5

I am sure her attorney will recommend the chiropractor in the office next door...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #36
Want
YVR
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Monaco Blue

Sorry to hear man, but it does not sound good. I had a similar situation except there was no fucking damage, maybe 300 at most and I'm not exaggerating. I get out to give her my info and ask her to move her car to the side, then I find out bitch had called for an ambulance. Right then I knew I was fucked...

my insurance rate went slightly higher for two years so some fucking bitch can claim $500 lost time at her shitty minimum wage job. Usually insurance companies just settle for a small amount and tell the person suing to fuck off. Some spare change is what most of these pricks are looking for so they end up settling.

In the end though, it will fuck you up but try not to think about it, it is simply out of your control.
      04-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #37
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
inb4thatwillbuffoutcomment
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #38
gun6slinger9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428xi

InB4InevitableChelseaPicsRequest
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #39
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Shit happens. As long as your fine thats all that matters.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #40
e92justin
LCpl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

pics of chelsea or gtfo
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #41
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

i just came back from an explosive time at the gym. at the end i vented again with the guys i talk to at the gym and they all assured me the same thing. im fine, things happen, don't worry about it. im alittle relaxed now and accepted what has happened, happened.

i actually didn't have the balls to call my parents when the accident happened. i waited until after the tow which took 1.5 hours, was at dealer, and got driven home. when my parents came back my mom knew right away something was up and when i told her i got into an accident the first thing she said was "i knew it" (moms just got a sense for these things).

one guy was talking to me about how sometimes airbags can total a car? is this true? i thought if the airbags deployed you just buy a new airbag reinstall, code it, and g2g?

Last edited by hl0m4n; 04-04-2011 at 11:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 11:22 PM   #42
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
i just came back from an explosive time at the gym. at the end i vented again with the guys i talk to at the gym and they all assured me the same thing. im fine, things happen, don't worry about it. im alittle relaxed now and accepted what has happened, happened.

i actually didn't have the balls to call my parents when the accident happened. i waited until after the tow which took 1.5 hours, was at dealer, and got driven home. when my parents came back my mom knew right away something was up and when i told her i got into an accident the first thing she said was "i knew it" (moms just got a sense for these things).

one guy was talking to me about how sometimes airbags can total a car? is this true? i thought if the airbags deployed you just buy a new airbag reinstall, code it, and g2g?
If you have a 06 325xi with 120k miles and all the airbags deploy it will be more to fix then the value of the car so the car will be totaled.

You have a 2011 328xi the damage to your car is not much. Don't worry. Pray your insurance covers you.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #43
Want
YVR
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Monaco Blue

It all comes down to the value of the car and the cost of repairs. It's unlikely a few airbags deploying would total a late model bimmer.
      04-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #44
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

wow what the fuck kind of braking was that? she did a panic stop at the last second. sorry dude, that video makes me rage.
Appreciate 0