BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Mporium BMW

04-21-2014, 08:32 AM   #23
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrinavi View Post
I was the guy in the orange Vette that you picked off a couple times :-). Great driving.

I figured out what happened in that spin on 17 - my antilock brakes went out, I downshifted and tapped the brakes at the same time - you can see the wheels lock up on one of my cameras.

You're making me want to bring the M3 out next time. I'm going to be at the PBOC event next month, I think they still have spots open...
Glad you were able to figure it out, at least it was an uneventful spin. I'll probably miss the next couple of months, taking a trip over seas, but look forward to seeing you out there when I get back.

thanks for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
that's test pipes w/ a stock muffler??? Sounds unreal... Could listen to that all day. I need to man up and make my car a race car and hit up Sebring regularly
Yea that's just test-pipes with stock everything else. The mic captures really good sound, a bit intoxicating

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
You were literally eating vets for lunch. Good driving
Thanks, great fun
      04-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #24
dereksM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG 340i M-Sport

How are you liking the Swift Spec-R's? They seem to be doing pretty well for you. Do you feel a noticeable improvement over OEM? Also what suspension mode do you run EDC in (I assume Sport+)?

Awesome video BTW...made my palms sweat just watching it. Been itching to install my Swifts and get on the track this year if time permits.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 09:02 AM   #25
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksM3 View Post
How are you liking the Swift Spec-R's? They seem to be doing pretty well for you. Do you feel a noticeable improvement over OEM? Also what suspension mode do you run EDC in (I assume Sport+)?

Awesome video BTW...made my palms sweat just watching it. Been itching to install my Swifts and get on the track this year if time permits.
All I can say about the Spec-Rs is that, they def don't harm performance, you're not going to gain anything either. A bit smoother transitions through bumps and dips but not much else. I always use Sport (since my sport+ setting is static), I get much better results in sport setting.

Thanks
      04-23-2014, 11:52 AM   #26
dereksM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by yandy View Post
All I can say about the Spec-Rs is that, they def don't harm performance, you're not going to gain anything either. A bit smoother transitions through bumps and dips but not much else. I always use Sport (since my sport+ setting is static), I get much better results in sport setting.

Thanks
Sorry for the noob M3 question regarding the static vs dynamic settings of the EDC? I recently came across this regarding the ZCP cars. What is your observation on this?

I'll be installing my Swifts soon so it will be more of a testament in itself but sadly I'm already convincing myself it may have been better just to wait and go for DFV's or Clubsports.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 12:00 PM   #27
BimmerRookie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 Cavalier Z24 M3

Really enjoying the set-up you've got there! Nice vid!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #28
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksM3 View Post
Sorry for the noob M3 question regarding the static vs dynamic settings of the EDC? I recently came across this regarding the ZCP cars. What is your observation on this?

I'll be installing my Swifts soon so it will be more of a testament in itself but sadly I'm already convincing myself it may have been better just to wait and go for DFV's or Clubsports.
I don't have a ZCP car, but from what I understand they're dynamaic in any mode, just one more aggressive than the other. if I had a ZCP car, would most likely always track in Sport+ mode, depending on bumpiness of track.

If you have the $$$ then I would just do Clubsports, not regretting the swift springs at all, it's a progressive upgrade. This car has higher limits than many of us can get to for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRookie View Post
Really enjoying the set-up you've got there! Nice vid!
Thanks!