BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

10-07-2005, 08:50 AM   #111
davinet78
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Garage List
envy kills
      10-07-2005, 10:44 PM   #112
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Don't they have a GWT(graduate written test) for high school kids these days? How can people graduate without learning how to write? Something to ponder on......
      02-16-2006, 12:40 PM   #113
brian32e
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 Alpine White 330i ZSP

this is an old thread but man...my pre-BMW vs. BMW days are so different. I've been getting tailgated and cut off sooo much more now since two days ago (when I stopped driving my Acura).
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2006, 12:50 PM   #114
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian32e
this is an old thread but man...my pre-BMW vs. BMW days are so different. I've been getting tailgated and cut off sooo much more now since two days ago (when I stopped driving my Acura).
And you probally drive the same way as you did with the Acura, huh?
Some of it is because of other BMW drivers who have set a bad example, but I also think some of it comes from them being envious. While I don't think the 3 series is $$$$, it's not cheap either, and IMHO, alot of people want it but can't afford it.

Danny
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2006, 01:10 PM   #115
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC
Some of it is because of other BMW drivers who have set a bad example, but I also think some of it comes from them being envious. While I don't think the 3 series is $$$$, it's not cheap either, and IMHO, alot of people want it but can't afford it.

Danny
I especially dislike those people who buy those expensive SUVs upwards of $50K, and cut me off because they think that my car is like $100K or something.

People think all BMWs are uber expensive (subjective, I know, but you know what I mean).
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2006, 11:49 PM   #116
RBBMWE46M3
blaupunkt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spman montego

Garage List
2008 x5  [0.00]
1972 R75/5  [0.00]
2008 335xi  [0.00]
      02-16-2006, 11:56 PM   #117
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
I especially dislike those people who buy those expensive SUVs upwards of $50K, and cut me off because they think that my car is like $100K or something.

People think all BMWs are uber expensive (subjective, I know, but you know what I mean).

People have this notion that Bimmers are the most expensive thing on earth (next to diamonds ). This one guy came up to me and asked "is this a 7 series??". Then another chick was like "is that a 5 series". This other guy asked "how much is this? $72k?" All this happened on diff. days but it's ridiculous. There are many occasions but you guys get the point.

"You drive a Bimmer??? OMG YOU"RE RICH!!!"

SHUT UP BITCH!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2006, 12:07 AM   #118
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
People have this notion that Bimmers are the most expensive thing on earth (next to diamonds ). This one guy came up to me and asked "is this a 7 series??". Then another chick was like "is that a 5 series". This other guy asked "how much is this? $72k?" All this happened on diff. days but it's ridiculous. There are many occasions but you guys get the point.

"You drive a Bimmer??? OMG YOU"RE RICH!!!"

SHUT UP BITCH!!!

yea...I got treated like at the local auto stores buying stuff for the freakin' oil change..."OMG, your gonna change the oil in your bimmer by yourself?? " LOL, just another example of how some peope view a BMW. Of course this never happens when I change the oil on the Honda...

Danny
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2006, 02:43 AM   #119
brian32e
Second Lieutenant
Rep

yeah, pretty much the same. actually, come to think of it I'm driving more defensively than before because I'm still getting used to this one...

I didn't think people (especially in California) would give a crap if you drove a BMW or a Benz or whatever... you see them everywhere. At least my car is safe at work -- I'll just park it next to the hundreds of other bimmers in the lot hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC

Danny
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2006, 03:14 AM   #120
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

i respect most cars for what they are, and actually like quite a few japanese cars.

but as i was looking around for a new car, and keeping my options open to what's out there, i also checked out the tsx. going back to the very first post by danny, i also found quite a bit of hate from tsx owners towards bmw, especially the 3 series. i found some of their comments to be quite funny, and their owners in denial. anyway, that being said, i think the tsx is a great car for the money, but just wasn't for me. 4 banger lacked torque, and fwd just isn't for me.

the e90 is my second bmw.
      02-17-2006, 10:00 AM   #121
jflecha
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 06 330i

Garage List
2006 330I  [0.00]
Dont most people have access to the internets now to see how much BMW's cost?

I admit to being in the Bimmers are too expensive camp and having a very reliable Japanese car doesnt help.

Before the new 3 was released I remember slobbering over every mag spy pic and review, then when the E90 was finally released and I could build one on the BMW site I was like $40K your nuts and tried to put the whole notion of getting one behind me. Lets face it if you've been spendeing 20-30K on a car 40-50K is a big jump.

So there was the Infiniti G35, 35K and the Audi A4 which costs just as much as the E90. I test drove a G35 coupe and wasnt impressed.
What do I do now, I dont like Lexus, fu<k it let me test drive the E90, do I need to say it, hooked as soon as I sat in it.
Suddenly 40-50K doesnt seem so bad and now I know what I've been missing.

I think its hard for most people to wrap their heads around spending more than 20K on a car. And the haters, well theirs always going to be haters.
      02-17-2006, 11:18 AM   #122
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

A couple of things to ponder about:

The problem is not founded on the theory that people dislike BMWs because they presuppose them to be extremely expensive...people know Ferraris, Porsches, Lamborghinis, Maseratis, and Bentleys are expensive but they are never treated with disrespect. I'm from La Jolla, I know. So if you think people despise cars for its high value, wrong.

Then comes another point to think about - it's not that the non-BMW drivers think BMWs are the most expensive things BUT INSTEAD it's mainly the BMW drivers THEMSELVES who think so highly of their own vehicles/brand. Ever thought about that? How many posts have I seen saying that "BMW is the best" and blah blah blah?

Do a search about G35s, Audis, Lexus, Honda, ALL American cars, and trucks on this board. Look at the comments made by the majority of the BMW/E90 owners. Open up your eyes.

I've said this a million times already. Cars can't talk trash, act egotistic, condescendingly, or pompous...so obviously, "What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine? The pricks are inside the BMW".

Don't get me wrong. There are always exceptions. I know tons of gregarious BMW owners. These guys are rare. The rest make everybody else look bad.
      02-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #123
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
Squawks,

People do hate on expensive things and things that are preceived as expensive. That's just a weaker trait of human nature for some, it's a fact.

Go to the webborads of G35s, Audis, Lexus, Honda, ALL American cars, and trucks and see what they say about BMW! There is just as much garbage there as is here. People are people. I assumed that after I got out of the Honda/Acura boards and onto the BMW boards, that I would be in a totally different environment...not.

My eyes have been open for a long time...and this is what I see.

No doubt, some drivers out there go along way to further the stereotypes of the *BMW* driver, but I think there is people who do the SAME exact things that hated BMW drivers do, but because they are in Honda's and Toyota's, they are treated and looked at different.

Danny
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #124
brian32e
Second Lieutenant
Rep

well put, Squawks. that was kind of what I was getting at actually. I am quickly learning that cars come with stereotypes. I guess I'm a slow learner...I had an RSX Type S before the E90 and I bought it when it first came out because it was a fun car to drive (still best gearbox I've ever used) and for the money you got tons of stuff. then I moved to CA and realized that the car came along with a bunch of stereotypes.

I think people hate BMW (or their drivers) because of the (hopefully) small group of BMW drivers who act like complete assholes. I bought this car because it is so much fun to drive...just didn't realize the other junk I bought along with it.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2006, 11:39 AM   #125
makr
Rep
Drives: '74 rd 400

But......BMWS are the best.
      02-17-2006, 11:56 AM   #126
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Yeah, Brian - I gotta agree. CA is known for being the image-central of the country. That's why we have the most boob jobs done per capita here. Even 16 year olds are getting them.

In response to HRC, I won't deny that there's a never-ending hierarchy of bickering and condescending going on but I still stand by my belief that it has nothing to do with the cost of a car. A driver who walks out of a Bentley GT into a restaurant always gets compliments about his car. Oh, and it's a very, very expensive one.

A Honda S2000 costs as much as a 325 and an Acura NSX costs more than an M5. The more you spend does not dictate whether you're a dick or not.

Perhaps this entire egotism began with BMW's slogan itself - "the ultimate driving machine". That's enough to get some folks' bigheaded. Sure enough, it did.

I didn't mean to say literally "open your eyes" on the forums over the internet. Out of context, in real-life experience I have to admit, most BMW owners act/drive as if they are the kings/queens of the road (but still not as bad as people who drive SUVs) while the other brands are almost always humble. Again, maybe it's because these BMW owners have been brainwashed by BMW that they're driving "the ultimate driving machine".

Definition of ultimate: farthest, utmost, maximum.
      02-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #127
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Yeah, Brian - I gotta agree. CA is known for being the image-central of the country. That's why we have the most boob jobs done per capita here. Even 16 year olds are getting them.

In response to HRC, I won't deny that there's a never-ending hierarchy of bickering and condescending going on but I still stand by my belief that it has nothing to do with the cost of a car. A driver who walks out of a Bentley GT into a restaurant always gets compliments about his car. Oh, and it's a very, very expensive one.

A Honda S2000 costs as much as a 325 and an Acura NSX costs more than an M5. The more you spend does not dictate whether you're a dick or not.

Perhaps this entire egotism began with BMW's slogan itself - "the ultimate driving machine". That's enough to get some folks' bigheaded. Sure enough, it did.

I didn't mean to say literally "open your eyes" on the forums over the internet. Out of context, in real-life experience I have to admit, most BMW owners act/drive as if they are the kings/queens of the road (but still not as bad as people who drive SUVs) while the other brands are almost always humble. Again, maybe it's because these BMW owners have been brainwashed by BMW that they're driving "the ultimate driving machine".

I agree that we disagree.

Danny
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2006, 12:17 PM   #128
RBBMWE46M3
blaupunkt
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 x5  [0.00]
1972 R75/5  [0.00]
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:

Well said!!

I make and spend a shitload of money...I have a big dick...I own 5 BMW's...

I guess that means I am a dick!! I love it
      02-17-2006, 12:19 PM   #129
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBMWE46M3
I make and spend a shitload of money...I have a big dick...I own 5 BMW's...
Oh yeah? You spend a shitload yet you have a 325i?
      02-17-2006, 12:20 PM   #130
RBBMWE46M3
blaupunkt
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 x5  [0.00]
1972 R75/5  [0.00]
2008 335xi  [0.00]
I bought it for my two boys...You can read can't you?
      02-17-2006, 12:22 PM   #131
Squawks
United_States
Rep

I apologize I didn't read it from your notorious "I bought it for my kids" thread that everybody else probably read ten times over by now.
      02-17-2006, 12:31 PM   #132
RBBMWE46M3
blaupunkt
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 x5  [0.00]
1972 R75/5  [0.00]
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I apologize I didn't read it from your notorious "I bought it for my kids" thread that everybody else probably read ten times over by now.
No need to apologize...just clean the jiz out of your eyes, and try not to act like a three year old! Hey maybe when you grow up I'll let you clean my house..you know...for money Maybe your Honda will still be running :rocks:

Jeez,, I was trying to give you a complement the whole time to. Damn teeny boppers