BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

11-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #1
MrOffshore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Off Topic?

I had one of my posts removed from a thread, supposedly because it was off-topic when in fact it was removed for what appears to be political reasons. As it looks you are not allowed to question or comment negatively about sponsors of this site, when it fact the moderators needs to be moderating their sponsors.

As many of you know there has been a long drawn out debate between the Procede people and the Juicebox people. I chose to purchase a Juicebox for numerous reason, the number one reason being too many Procede customers were complaining about long delays in receiving products...some were complaining that they hadn't received their products for more than 45 days and counting.

I also found that "Shiv" appears to be out spending his time slamming his competition with viscious attacks, wasting time testing new products or "versions" of his product while he should be assembling (if in fact he manufactures his own products) and shipping them out...afterall his customers pay in advance. I find it funny how he can find the time to post threads about Happy Meals and bogus dyno runs when in fact he needs to be conducting his business on a higher ethical standard...like delivering what his customers are paying for.

I will be the first to admit he more than likely has a nice product, knows what he's doing and is more than likely a pretty nice guy...but present him with a little competition and he has shown his true colors. This is not the type of person I would choose to business with...and in fact chose not to.

I know that the debates are not one-sided and mud was slung in both directions...most of you reading this for the short period it will have before being pulled will more than likely agree, but I have seen his competition congratulate him for good performance and only a few posts later he's at their neck with a knife (that's a figure of speech by the way)

I lose patience when I am contributing to a forum that chooses to sensor my posts...when if fact I am only stating facts or my own personal opinion that I feel I am entitled to give. I have in no way, and would not flame someone in the manner in which I have seen Shiv do to others.

On the other hand possibly I will sponsor this site with a little more cash and buy my right to free speech. I guess then it will simply be a bidding war to see who wants to pay more for their right to express their opinion. Again, thus far I have in no way made any statements that could be deemed unfair or hateful...so I am a bit lost.

My thread cannot be off topic, so let's just see how long it remains...if it is pulled, I think I will have little use for this forum and will move on to another one that seems to value opinions that may differ from those of their sponsors.

Funny how Shiv is permitted to post hateful threads that have just one objective...to taint peoples opinions of his competitor...in what many or all would consider in poor taste. I don't think I see a problem with someone attempting to defend the product they just purchased and put into their automobile...I certainly don't see other threads being pulled that have differing opinions...that is until it differs with "The Shiv"

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 08:48 PM   #2
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOffshore View Post
I had one of my posts removed from a thread, supposedly because it was off-topic when in fact it was removed for what appears to be political reasons. As it looks you are not allowed to question or comment negatively about sponsors of this site, when it fact the moderators needs to be moderating their sponsors.
your post was "in fact" deleted for political reasons? Right, because you can obviously read minds.

And I'm sure you're privy to all the other nonsense that we moderate and delete before you happen to witness it (ones knocking (on a non-technical basis) products that compete with Vishnu's products)

Look in the Vendor Feedback forum, you'll find plenty of negative comments about sponsors of the site.

Don't take your message deletion so personal. Plenty of folks had their posts deleted from that thread (pro and against Procede/Vishnu).
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #3
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Several posts were pulled from that thread, not just yours. A moderated forum, by definition, has censorship.

Don't you feel better already now that you've got your own personal thread saying what you want without censorship? Have a cookie.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #4
De90man
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sedan

I'll take that cookie and add that threatening to publish someones intelliectual property under a ridiculously titled domain name in an obvious smear campaign is very much off topic. And has NOTHING to do with tuning.

I have learned so much from this site and it's many users (thank you all). But the mean-spirited nature of some of the vendors here, well, that is something I don't intend to learn, like, or support. From now on, I'll protest the 'american way'...with my wallet.

God bless America.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 10:04 PM   #5
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by De90man View Post
threatening to publish someones intelliectual property under a ridiculously titled domain name in an obvious smear campaign
Who threatened to publish whose intellectual property in what thread?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 10:16 PM   #6
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

ibtl
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #7
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
Who threatened to publish whose intellectual property in what thread?
lawdude is on the case....heres some popcorn

He is talking about happymealtuning.com that Shiv is making
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2007, 03:05 AM   #8
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleh4852 View Post
lawdude is on the case....heres some popcorn

He is talking about happymealtuning.com that Shiv is making
I strongly suspect he doesn't know what intellectual property is.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2007, 04:13 AM   #9
rambino
M Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 / X6M

MrOffShore. No offense but you sound like that guy Chris Crocker..

Leave JB2 alone! Shiv is being a mean bully!.. I hate this, I cant be free to say what I think! Waaaaa..

Get a grip, Your so called political opinion is different than others and is also very biased as well. So go ahead and Protest with your wallet but spare us the headache.

Jeez
Appreciate 0