BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

BPM

07-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Apple WACKBOOK - AppleCare Comes Through BIG

So the other day I'm on E90Post and I smell something burning. . .I ask my roomate, "Dude WTF are cooking, smells like burnt horsecock". His reply, "I'm not cooking shit". Next, I look down at my computer and BAM! I look at my charging cord, the damn thing is on fire! Here's a pic after the damage was done.

The innards of the charging cord had gotten hot enough where they melted clear and through the outer rubber cord. Needless to say I decided to google "Burnt Macbook Charging Cord" and came up with a gazillion hits. I then phoned apple and told them about the problem and how my computer is about 6 months old and they decided to replace the charger (80$) at no cost considering I'm still under warranty/AppleCare. This was Thursday I had the problem and I just received the cord today, not bad considering its coming from across the country. This is a known problem for the Macbook along with the "Mac Crack" (the peeling away of the outer moulding on the keyboard surface). Here's a pic:

This is also a repair that is covered under AppleCare. With the exception of these two cosmetic problems I have had ZERO problems with my Macbook and wouldnt exchange it for the world, unless of course the cord happens to burn down my apartment. No I am not a mac fanboy, this is my first apple product (aside from ipods) but I am 100% sold on the Apple line.

Just figured I'd give you guys a heads up. . .
      07-29-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Yeah, you don't really have the second problem when you get a MacBook Pro

My keyboard and mouse stopped working recently. I can use an external keyboard and mouse so I can get by until I can make it to the Apple store again.

It is the absolute first problem I have ever had with my Mac too and this is my second MacBook Pro in 3 years (upgraded about 2 years ago) Guess Macs aren't invincible after all
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 09:15 AM   #3
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Yeah, I have the second problem as well. The exact same piece of broken off for me. I need to go to the Apple store and have them take care of it.