BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

11-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #23
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92involved View Post
It is the trumpets I am going to run it with Akra GT4
How are u going to get the kreissieg muffler to link upto the akra x-pipe I really want this set up
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #24
E93Blackhawk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i M sport

Miestershaft is a rip off of eisenmann anyway so that goes out of the window.

They where one company and miesterchaft used the eisenmann brand to promote their stock I believe.

The F1 sounds epic, exotic, clean and screams in a totally intoxicating pitch, the misterchaft is just loud without any of that unique flare IMO
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #25
Munit
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

But F1 cars are high pitched and raspy. So an "F1 labeled" exhaust should be such
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #26
Munit
Banned
Rep

The thing is though, I have HFC xpipe with OEM rear and it sounds exactly like the Innotech F1 rear. So if you are willing to do a high flow cat xpipe for 2300 bucks from AA than you can have that same sound PLUS 20 extra hp. So really its a ton of money for a sound you can easily get from HFC.

It is impressive how they get that sound when nobody else can from a rear. All other systems cannot get there without a high flow cat/catless.

Catless/HFC plus innotech would likely sound garbage as both make the sound high pitched and raspy, which is great but too much may be just not a nice sound.

If you like the sound and dont really need the valve, go with HFC. 20 hp plus the high pitched f1 sound is the bargain of the century. Catless sounds identical to the BMW m3 DTM race car only a few notches quieter but same sound quality
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #27
Mike@R
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

^ I couldn't disagree more with all of your statements in that post. lol
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #28
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@RimierMotorSport View Post
+100
      11-18-2012, 03:28 AM   #29
Munit
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@RimierMotorSport View Post
What do you disagree?

HFC DO make extra 20 hp and axle back does not

HFC xpipe is high pitched and raspy and sounds extremely similar to the innotech f1

It is 5k cheaper

So if you do not need a valve than explain what it is you are in such disagreement of? I hear the innotech on a weekly basis as my friend has this setup. Our cars sound very similar with my HFC xpipe sounding a bit more raw but virtually the same.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #30
Mike@R
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munit View Post
What do you disagree?

HFC DO make extra 20 hp and axle back does not

HFC xpipe is high pitched and raspy and sounds extremely similar to the innotech f1

It is 5k cheaper

So if you do not need a valve than explain what it is you are in such disagreement of? I hear the innotech on a weekly basis as my friend has this setup. Our cars sound very similar with my HFC xpipe sounding a bit more raw but virtually the same.
For one, I don't think HFC or catless combined with the OEM rear sounds anything like an IPE system, full or rear only.
We ran the IPE cat bypass pipes and x pipe with the OEM rear on one of our E92's for a few days before finally adding the valved muffler section. Catless and OEM rear, in my opinion, sounds like complete crap.... the raspiest sound I've heard.
We've also run the IPE rear only with stock cats/xpipe and it sounds more aggressive and deeper than stock with valves open, but not very loud and almost quieter than stock with valves closed.
See our axle back video on youtube, don't want to embed the video as I'm not trying to advertise.

Does your buddy have just the rear IPE? Most of the high pitched sound of the F1 vs the sport comes from the different x pipe design that the F1 has.

And finally (also my opinion) catless sounds nothing like the DTM car.

However, I do agree that unless you want the valves, there's not much reason to buy IPE as that's a good portion of what you're paying for.

I hear IPE on a daily basis, as we have it on two of our shop cars and we've sold and installed more IPE systems than anyone other than IPE.

But hey, even exhaust sounds can be subjective, so you're entitled to your opinions and I respect that.
Appreciate 0