BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

08-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #23
AUTiger13
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker_20_02
Maybe im missing what happened in that pic?????
The halo rings have yellowed. It is a typical issue when running HID kits due to the heat.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 06:20 AM   #24
Rowan
South Africa
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2012 Competition Pack

Angel Eyes

Hey
Also looking at upgrading my Angel Eyes. Considering the Red Halos. I am from South Africa and have an E92 White Competition Pack M3. The lights will be illegal here in my country but i will not be using them at all in the day time. Only at Dusk/Night. Also considering the White Halos as an option just confused with the options as feedback is good & bad from most of the aftermarket products.
Also would these aftermarket lights affect the adaptive light package on the car??
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #25
brianpdx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

I'm not a fan of non-standard colors for angel eyes - red in particular. I would definitely recommend upgrading to LED (via the vendor of your choice), but stick to the cool/white colors.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #26
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger13 View Post
The halo rings have yellowed. It is a typical issue when running HID kits due to the heat.
+1. HID angel eyes will equate to overdriven headlights (we dont sell HID angel eyes and never will ) and/or yellow fiber optics, picture enclosed again.

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #27
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Hey
Also looking at upgrading my Angel Eyes. Considering the Red Halos. I am from South Africa and have an E92 White Competition Pack M3. The lights will be illegal here in my country but i will not be using them at all in the day time. Only at Dusk/Night. Also considering the White Halos as an option just confused with the options as feedback is good & bad from most of the aftermarket products.
Also would these aftermarket lights affect the adaptive light package on the car??
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpdx View Post
I'm not a fan of non-standard colors for angel eyes - red in particular. I would definitely recommend upgrading to LED (via the vendor of your choice), but stick to the cool/white colors.
our DTECs dont have any issues at all and we have all colors as well.
Appreciate 0