BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

Mporium BMW

06-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
M3-Mike
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Calabogie 3 Day Road Trip, July 13-15

Guys I’m heading up to Calabogie (near Ottawa) for the July 13-15 weekend, driving up on some fun roads on Friday, doing a track day with a bunch of BMW guys on Saturday, and driving home on more fun roads Sunday. We’ve got a special deal at for the CMP Lapping, $300 for the day.
http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/...g-instruction/
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=644617

As usual I will be driving interesting back roads getting there on Friday and home on Sunday, so even if you don’t want to drive the track on Saturday, there is still great fun to be had getting there and back home. Saturday you can either drive the track, watch, or relax on the beach.

I've tentatively booked two cottages for the weekend, each cottage has three bedrooms, and there is a pull-out in the living room if you want to share accommodations. Otherwise there are many places to stay in and around Calabogie, but book early as things fill up fast during CMP weekends.

Plan would be to leave Toronto around 10am on Friday July 13, stopping somewhere for lunch, and arriving in Calabogie by 6pm. Mostly deserted back roads all the way once we get out of the populated areas, pace will be brisk but not so fast that we risk getting cars impounded. I will provide a GPS route and printed maps so you can drive at your own pace too.

Let me know if any of you are interested in joining either for part of or the whole weekend, and if you want to drive the track on Saturday or not.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Damn that sounds like fun. Have a good time and be sure to share the pics.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
canadian stig
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

I may be interested in that depending on my work schedule.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Mike, these dates would 95% work for me! (Just need to confirm boss isn't planning same weekend off) I would love to do the drive there and back. Thanks for organizing!

Have you tentatively booked those cottages so that, say, 3-4 people/ couples could share the costs of one? If so, would you have more info on them?
      06-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
M3-Mike
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Mike, these dates would 95% work for me! (Just need to confirm boss isn't planning same weekend off) I would love to do the drive there and back. Thanks for organizing!

Have you tentatively booked those cottages so that, say, 3-4 people/ couples could share the costs of one? If so, would you have more info on them?
Yes the two cottages are reserved in my name. They cost $240 each per night including taxes.

Each cottage has three bedrooms, and each bedroom has two beds. There is also a pullout couch in the living room which could act as a 4th bedroom. So we can easily sleep 7-8 people, or 3-4 couples in each cottage. We have a full kitchen and a deck with BBQ out back, so could be a lot of fun.

So yes, the idea would be that we all share in the cost of the cottage, the more people we get the less expensive it will be for everyone.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
Yes the two cottages are reserved in my name. They cost $240 each per night including taxes.

Each cottage has three bedrooms, and each bedroom has two beds. There is also a pullout couch in the living room which could act as a 4th bedroom. So we can easily sleep 7-8 people, or 3-4 couples in each cottage. We have a full kitchen and a deck with BBQ out back, so could be a lot of fun.

So yes, the idea would be that we all share in the cost of the cottage, the more people we get the less expensive it will be for everyone.
Great idea. I'd be willing to share in the cost of a cottage (doesn't matter how many people). Even at $120 per night + taxes (even if there's only two couples per cottage), that's a great deal.

p.s. Confirmed I'm not on call that weekend, so my chances have climbed to 99%! Submitting my official day off request Monday.

EDITED to add: I know you guys like to drive at a nice clip. So I'd let you guys go ahead so you wouldn't feel any need to wait up for me, and I'll meet you all there. The back-roads route would be invaluable for me, thanks.

I also know how to convert googlemaps maps into Garmin ones, so even a link to a route you've planned out in Googlemaps would be all that I'd need.

Thanks again Mike!

Last edited by JulieDriving; 06-16-2012 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
M3-Mike
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Hey, just want to confirm accommodations at the two cottages I booked in Calabogie for July 13-15, 2012. With all the interest, I need to confirm who is taking which bed / bedroom to give those who I cannot fit into the cottages an opportunity to find alternative accommodations.

Each cottage has three bedrooms, and each of these bedrooms has either one or two single beds. There is also a queen pullout in the living room. Check out this link for more details, pictures, etc:

http://www.calabogie.com/accommodati...-cottages.html

Price for the cottages are $240/each/night including tax. Since there are four sleeping areas (including the pullout), the cost for each would be $60/night. If you share a room with another person, your cost each drops to only $30/night.

In order to secure your spot in the cottage, please send me $120 (2 nights @ $60/ea) via Interac e-Transfer or other electronic money transfer method. PM me first so I can give you my email address!! We have to assume everyone pays $120 for now, and if someone is willing to share a room with you, then I would refund you $60/each. With only seven sleeping areas up for grabs (I have one), the sooner you send me payment, the sooner you can be assured you have a place to sleep. Accommodations can fill up quickly in Calabogie, hence I booked these cottages well in advance. Also I do not want to get stuck paying for two cottages if not everybody shows, so if I do not get enough payments up front, I will cancel the second cottage on July 5th.

Thanks, I look forward to this weekend, should be a blast!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #8
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Got the day off and was looking forward to it, but the husband will be having some (minor) surgery in early July, so we won't be able to make it.

Hope you guys have a terrific time!
      06-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #9
2K7
///M-thusiast
Rep
Drives: M3, M4 GTS

Looks like it will be a lot of fun .. but unfortunately I'll be away on vacation!

Take lots of pics folks =)
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #10
ahsanh
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Hey, just want to confirm accommodations at the two cottages I booked in Calabogie for July 13-15, 2012. With all the interest, I need to confirm who is taking which bed / bedroom to give those who I cannot fit into the cottages an opportunity to find alternative accommodations.

Each cottage has three bedrooms, and each of these bedrooms has either one or two single beds. There is also a queen pullout in the living room. Check out this link for more details, pictures, etc:

Price for the cottages are $240/each/night including tax. Since there are four sleeping areas (including the pullout), the cost for each would be $60/night. If you share a room with another person, your cost each drops to only $30/night.

In order to secure your spot in the cottage, please send me $120 (2 nights @ $60/ea) via Interac e-Transfer or other electronic money transfer method. PM me first so I can give you my email address!! We have to assume everyone pays $120 for now, and if someone is willing to share a room with you, then I would refund you $60/each. With only seven sleeping areas up for grabs (I have one), the sooner you send me payment, the sooner you can be assured you have a place to sleep. Accommodations can fill up quickly in Calabogie, hence I booked these cottages well in advance. Also I do not want to get stuck paying for two cottages if not everybody shows, so if I do not get enough payments up front, I will cancel the second cottage on July 5th.

Thanks, I look forward to this weekend, should be a blast!
Sign me up! Just sent you a PM. I can't make the morning departure so will be leaving TO ~4PM if anyone else leaving later would like to join.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsanh View Post
Sign me up! Just sent you a PM. I can't make the morning departure so will be leaving TO ~4PM if anyone else leaving later would like to join.
I'll probably also leave later. 4PM departing Toronto sounds good to me.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #12
M3-Mike
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsanh View Post
PM replied to.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 04:41 AM   #13
M3-Mike
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Out of the seven (7) sleeping areas up for grabs, I now have paid confirmations for four (4) of them. That means there are three (3) still available.. if you are thinking of joining us for this weekend and want to stay at the cottages I booked, you may want to act soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #14
M3-Mike
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Out of the seven (7) sleeping areas up for grabs, I now have paid confirmations for four (4) of them. That means there are three (3) still available.. if you are thinking of joining us for this weekend and want to stay at the cottages I booked, you may want to act soon.
One more confirmed, there are now just two left...
Appreciate 0