BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

02-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #45
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

I think I have learned more about me than I have learned about women from this article.
Having had a rough up bringing I am not use to getting compliments even from friends and i have to admit i has held me back on many matters in my life.

I hope you enjoyed the article as much as I have.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #46
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

u guys ever been to amsterdam? the "hot chick" that you put on a pedestal... when it comes down to it she's worth about a 1spot (if looks and getting laid are all that matter)... now go!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #47
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

*books flight to Amsterdam*
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #48
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

save your self some money....fly to Cali Colombia you will thank me later
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #49
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

damn, now I know why I am not getting laid
thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #50
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Good idea.... I like the sound of Colombianas
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #51
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
*books flight to Amsterdam*
+23 doo doo doo dobeedobeedobeedo bop!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #52
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
save your self some money....fly to Cali Colombia you will thank me later
Get me some good ass deals on Dyson and I'll think about it
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 10:38 PM   #53
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30nynj View Post
I would agree that I lost couple of opportunities just cuz I was responsive & showed good interest. She thought I was clingy.

But now, even though I like her I would act like I m not too much. Responding to texts with a 20-30min delay and not revealing too much at same time. Just engage her enough so she'll come back. It works for me!!

It is about keeping the right slack, not too tight & not too saggy.
So true.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #54
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

this makes sense picking up girls, getting laid, or getting a girlfriend(worked for me in HS, girls I tended to ignore kept on being annoying and wanted to spend time with me), but what happens after you grow up, get married or advance to a deep relationship? Do you still treat her like crap, show no interest and ignore her calls? How do you keep her wanting you without making you seem like a jerk?

is there a point where you both just grow up and treat each other like normal human beings with love instead of this princess and knight story?

I've been dating my gf for 3.5 years, and I didn't have to do that kinda stuff to get her to notice me. We became friends and after some time we started to just do everything together because we enjoyed each others company. She's not only my gf but also my best friend.

However, the argument does make sense about wants and needs. I remember the first christmas I got my gf some jewelry and she cried tears of joy. Now if I do it she just says pretends like its something normal.
      03-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #55
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
is there a point where you both just grow up and treat each other like normal human beings with love instead of this princess and knight story?
A majority of the time, no. Multiple women seem to live this philosophy. It's the ones you pick and choose to go further into life with. For all we know the wack job down the street is a hot woman at age 40, single mom, and still thinks shes some sort of princess that needs a lifeboat..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #56
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
A majority of the time, no. Multiple women seem to live this philosophy. It's the ones you pick and choose to go further into life with. For all we know the wack job down the street is a hot woman at age 40, single mom, and still thinks shes some sort of princess that needs a lifeboat..
+1 so true
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #57
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
this makes sense picking up girls, getting laid, or getting a girlfriend(worked for me in HS, girls I tended to ignore kept on being annoying and wanted to spend time with me), but what happens after you grow up, get married or advance to a deep relationship? Do you still treat her like crap, show no interest and ignore her calls? How do you keep her wanting you without making you seem like a jerk?

I've been dating my gf for 3.5 years, and I didn't have to do that kinda stuff to get her to notice me. We became friends and after some time we started to just do everything together because we enjoyed each others company. She's not only my gf but also my best friend.

However, the argument does make sense about wants and needs. I remember the first christmas I got my gf some jewelry and she cried tears of joy. Now if I do it she just says pretends like its something normal.
There's a fine line between being a gentleman and being a cuckold. This thread made me shake my head. It screams desperation. Those are the scenarios where he'll come home and find her getting drilled by the pool boy.

I think you are misinterpreting what we're saying a little bit. Treating each other like normal human beings instead of a princess is pretty much exactly what we're saying. I've also had friendships that turned into relationships but that's not really the scenario we're talking about. I buy my wife flowers on occasion (randomly - it's more effective) but I certainly don't feel as if I have to give her my Amex to keep her happy.

Bottom line: Girls like guys who act like guys.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #58
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Maybe in high school women like jerks but that is certainly is not true later in life. Having a good career and being respectful carries much more weight when women are looking to get serious.

Maybe the whores that hang out at the trashy clubs/bars like jerks but any girl that's marriage material probably doesn't.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 07:19 AM   #59
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I don't think that anyone advocated acting like a "jerk", additionally, the balance of power shifts drastically when age increases.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #60
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

Please not the TED vido i posted on the last page.
I think it may answer all of your questions about continued relationships.
Shah

ps
also look at the comments section of the article. you may be amazed at what you will see.

ppss
Also this makes you ponder online dating?
how do you flirt with a woman who though single and looking has a low view of herself but is armed with the delete key?
Dude 1 "Hey Buttercup269 I love that photo of you on the beach riding the horse! Where was that? Looks like fun?
Buttercup269....oh shit he thinks i'm pretty and wants to talk to me....omg omg omg omg this makes me feel uncomfortable...delete.

Dude 1 “Hey Buttercup269, sup sup girl, that’s a cute looking horse in that photo and the girl on top isn’t too bad either.”
Buttercup269……oh shit what a fucking asshole! Omg omg omg fuck him…delete.

I really don’t mean to be rude, but this is why my therapist drives a top of the line E class she paid for in cash and owns three homes. One here in NJ, one ski house in Vermont and one on the beach in Florida. Not that we men are any better but at least….well…

Last edited by shah269; 03-01-2013 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #61
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Are you on bath salts?

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #62
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
See, this again is a post that has me convinced that you are a very sophisticated troll. If that is not the case... you are the saddest individual on this forum... by a mile.

This guy was signed up for OK Cupid, and comes here making fun of online dating?
      03-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #63
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post

This guy was signed up for OK Cupid, and comes here making fun of online dating?
Maybe he's trolling there too...

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #64
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post

Sigh...face palm....what I'm saying is (I got angry for no reason)
Due to the insights gained from this article regarding cognitive dissonance caused by the external not matching the internal. Does this mean that the model of online dating is at its core flawed? Such that those women who you as a man find attractive may in fact not be ready willing nor able to accept your heat felt advances and ignore you? And if you took the tact of meeting them where they feel they should be, being slightly offensive, the woman would be offended since she has received dozens of emails of praise….and as such again ignored?

Perhaps an effective online dating model / speed dating model would be one where the women hit on the men and the men then responded. For this would force if not imply that the woman has either come to terms with the dissonance of the external and the internal and is open to being praised for her intellect, beauty or presence OR the woman never had this issue in the first place and this is a non issue.

But this would mean turning the mating instincts we ourselves have ingrained in our cultural DNA on its head. And I don’t think that would ever really get off the ground for many women in our and the greater society not only have a great fear of rejection but also a fear of objectification.

However of the stable and healthy relationships I have seen in my life, a good number were initiated by the girl walking over to the guy rather than the man perusing the woman.

This is called a conversation, you discuss ideas of thoughts and points of view?

Last edited by shah269; 03-01-2013 at 08:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #65
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Maybe in high school women like jerks but that is certainly is not true later in life. Having a good career and being respectful carries much more weight when women are looking to get serious.

Maybe the whores that hang out at the trashy clubs/bars like jerks but any girl that's marriage material probably doesn't.
It works perfectly fine later in life.. I'm in my 30s its going just fine.
But I think you misunderstand it, its not to the point of being a jerk. But not wearing your heart on your sleeve and learning to become the object that they are reaching for not vice versa.
If you are too nice you'll end up in the friend zone and if you're a complete tool you'll only get club rats. So its learning how to walk in the middle and when to walk away.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #66
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
Sigh...face palm....what I'm saying is IF YOU TOOK YOUR THUMB OUT OF YOUR ASS AND READ.....both the article and my question is this.

Due to the insights gained from this article regarding cognitive dissonance caused by the external not matching the internal. Does this mean that the model of online dating is at its core flawed? Such that those women who you as a man find attractive may in fact not be ready willing nor able to accept your heat felt advances and ignore you? And if you took the tact of meeting them where they feel they should be, being slightly offensive, the woman would be offended since she has received dozens of emails of praise….and as such again ignored?

Perhaps an effective online dating model / speed dating model would be one where the women hit on the men and the men then responded. For this would force if not imply that the woman has either come to terms with the dissonance of the external and the internal and is open to being praised for her intellect, beauty or presence OR the woman never had this issue in the first place and this is a non issue.

But this would mean turning the mating instincts we ourselves have ingrained in our cultural DNA on its head. And I don’t think that would ever really get off the ground for many women in our and the greater society not only have a great fear of rejection but also a fear of objectification.

However of the stable and healthy relationships I have seen in my life, a good number were initiated by the girl walking over to the guy rather than the man perusing the woman.

This is called a conversation, you discuss ideas of thoughts and points of view?
Please...

No one reads your worthless posts...

Last edited by Templar; 03-05-2013 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 0