BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

05-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Took the C63 AMG for a test drive

I am absolutely in love with this car.

I have already been for a drive in an E92 M3, which I was very impressed with.

The engine bay of the C63 is gorgeous. Online pictures are simply not representative of how stunning it looks in person. On startup, the exhaust note is out of this world, loud and throaty. I got excited when I first heard the E92 M3 exhaust, but the C63 exhaust note simply blows it away. There really is no comparison.

Maybe my favorite thing about this car (besides the engine) is the seats. The seats are INCREDIBLE! The design, the bolsters, the leather: flawless. Don't get me wrong, they are quite snug, but they feel perfect. Much more aggressive than the ///M's seats. The interior was just simply great overall, I liked the black birdseye maple trim, loved the flat-bottomed steering wheel.

This thing pulls like a locomotive, has gobs of torque, and the V8 engine wail is downright mean.

I now have one on order.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

congrats! I'm really liking the car too for the price. But the only thing i wish it had was a manual.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post

The engine bay of the C63 is gorgeous. Online pictures are simply not representative of how stunning it looks in person. On startup, the exhaust note is out of this world, loud and throaty. I got excited when I first heard the E92 M3 exhaust, but the C63 exhaust note simply blows it away. There really is no comparison.

Maybe my favorite thing about this car (besides the engine) is the seats. The seats are INCREDIBLE! The design, the bolsters, the leather: flawless. Don't get me wrong, they are quite snug, but they feel perfect. Much more aggressive than the ///M's seats. The interior was just simply great overall, I liked the black birdseye maple trim, loved the flat-bottomed steering wheel.

This thing pulls like a locomotive, has gobs of torque, and the V8 engine wail is downright mean.

I now have one on order.

How does it feel compared to the Dinan 335?...and what was the price tag on it?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

nice write up, what combo you getting?
      05-22-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Congrats man! Both cars are fantastic, you can't go wrong with either one.

I got to admit though, the C63 is meaner...
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #6
De90man
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sedan

Quote:

I now have one on order.
I agree, the C63 is a stunning bit of kit...the interior is great. And it's actually cheaper than an M3 (with my options).

But BMWs maintenance program is great. I went thru a set of pads in my 335 in 8k miles!!!

Better believe, when you take that C63 in for service...10k miles, 15k... etc,..the bill will get higher and higher each time.

Makes the choice harder from an ownership perspective.

Nice write up!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 09:04 PM   #7
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:

I now have one on order.
Congrats man! So what's your opinion on the transmission? I fell in love with it despite the lack of command stacking.

And your favorite things are remarkably similar to mine haha. Love those seats!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 10:54 PM   #8
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo119 View Post
congrats!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedinand View Post
How does it feel compared to the Dinan 335?...and what was the price tag on it?
It feels very different from the Dinan-flashed 335i. That's a pretty crappy way to put it I know but...both cars are fast, no doubt about that. That NA V8 beast is just a different animal though. When you get on the gas, you just know you are going fast when you hear the sound of the engine/exhaust, it is incredible. Even when casually modulating the throttle, I was being firmly pushed back into my seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
nice write up, what combo you getting?
Thanks! Iridium Silver Metallic w/ Black leather. P2, Leather, Black Maple, iPod Integration. Light on the options obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
Congrats man! Both cars are fantastic, you can't go wrong with either one.

I got to admit though, the C63 is meaner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by De90man View Post
I agree, the C63 is a stunning bit of kit...the interior is great. And it's actually cheaper than an M3 (with my options).

But BMWs maintenance program is great. I went thru a set of pads in my 335 in 8k miles!!!

Better believe, when you take that C63 in for service...10k miles, 15k... etc,..the bill will get higher and higher each time.

Nice write up!!!!
Thank you. I definitely agree, the BMW maintenance program is outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Congrats man! So what's your opinion on the transmission? I fell in love with it despite the lack of command stacking.

And your favorite things are remarkably similar to mine haha. Love those seats!
Thanks man! I thought the transmission felt great. Very smooth. I didn't play around with the paddle shifters at all. The seats...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 12:18 AM   #9
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
The C63 is a beast. I have not had the liberty to see one or sit in one in person yet.
      05-23-2008, 12:36 AM   #10
M2381
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, GTI

Same, I hope i will soon though
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 12:36 AM   #11
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by De90man View Post

Nice write up!!!!
Here comes the flame....but this is why you lease! You may get stuck with the bills, but you won't own it for long. The C63 is truly a sexy car. I can't believe how loud the stock exhaust is! A lot louder than the E63 and CLS63 for sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 01:24 AM   #12
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Thanks! Iridium Silver Metallic w/ Black leather. P2, Leather, Black Maple, iPod Integration. Light on the options obviously.
P2...is that the LSD/19"/Speed limiter package?

If it is, then barring that you and my mom have the same car haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 03:57 AM   #13
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: WIDE BMW e90,BMW x6 50i

Quote:

I now have one on order.
congrats on the new car, i too, love the c63... its so mean looking! i was interested in buying one but the dealership wanted to charge $15k over sticker, making the car come to a total of $88k. i was hoping it would be out the door for $73k or so. how much did you pay for yours if i may ask?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 05:29 AM   #14
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Congrats mate! I thinking about trading in my mums CLK 500 for one some time very soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 05:40 AM   #15
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
P2...is that the LSD/19"/Speed limiter package?

If it is, then barring that you and my mom have the same car haha.
P2 is the Premium Pkg 2, gives you more bells and whistles

The package you're thinking is the AMG Performance PKG, aka 030 option.
      05-27-2008, 07:47 AM   #16
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
I must admit I saw one a week of so ago and on the looks department it has the M3 licked. The one I saw was dark gray metallic and sweet wasn't the word.

I look forward to your pics when you get it and please get some driving lessons because that thing packs a serious punch and will no doubt be a handful when given all the beans.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 11:35 PM   #17
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Iridium Silver Metallic w/ Black leather. P2, Leather, Black Maple, iPod Integration. Light on the options obviously.
ybbiz.... this exact car is waiting for you right now at Fletcher-Jones in Newport Beach! I have a contact there (and he's cool, not a salesguy) .. PM if interested!

I hope to pick up my C63 tomorrow morning....
      05-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #18
e92OMG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: soon to be 08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
I hope to pick up my C63 tomorrow morning....
Give us a review and some pics tommorrow There is a few down here in florida. I have yet to see one but i would like to.

Im loven her every second

Last edited by e92OMG; 05-28-2008 at 11:39 PM.. Reason: spell checken haha
Appreciate 0