BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
trionalaw
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan

HTC Touch Pro 2 compatibility

My Blackberry Storm is perfect with my Bluetooth. However, having other issues and my go with HTC Touch Pro 2. Can't determine if it is compatible with my E90 from my web search.

Any help here??

Thanks,

Jim
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Bluetooth is supposed to be a standard in itself although I know some phones still don't play well with some cars systems. I have the AT&T Tilt with Windows Mobile 6.1 and it works really well in my M3. The Touch Pro 2 has the same OS so you should be just fine. I plan on picking up a Tilt 2 soon which runs Windows 6.5 I'm hoping the changes to Bluetooth and the contacts database under 6.5 will not be great enough to cause an incompatibility. We'll see. I'm a big HTC fan. Have you seen the Tilt 2?
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
trionalaw
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan

Thank you very much for the information. I am with Verizon which does not offer the HTC Tilt 2. I had the Touch Pro which I did not like very much. It was slow and the keyboard was too small. Version 2 I have checked out at the Verizon store and really liked it. One of the salespeople had one and could not keep from gushing about it.

I have had trouble with the Storm both syncing with our server and with the virtual keyboard.

I did not have the M3 when I had the Touch Pro. I had a Corvette that did not have Bluetooth.The Storm does sync up quickly and easily with the M3. Only problem is trying to dial a number using the voice recognition system. It has not recognized a name yet. However, otherwise I'm very happy with how they work together.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0