BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

03-30-2008, 03:49 AM   #2179
bmw-m6
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_K View Post
I've seen this posted a couple times but it really holds little merit. The fact that someone bought/sold successfully on ebay in the past means very little. There's really very little at stake with regard to the account and it isn't an accurate representation of his ability to complete the transaction.
well, then, whats the point of the feedback system in the first place ?

i forgot the feedback comparison, but isn't Ken's a higher number and at 100%, while the dealerships is LESS than Ken's and LESS than 100% ?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 03:53 AM   #2180
bmw-m6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Did everyone forget he is a Lexus IS owner.

This could be a sick Lexus, FU BMW joke.

J/K - I really have no doubts at all this is real.

You think someone made a fake Husker auction and it all went from there. Yeah right.
i highly doubt it could be a hoax, as if it were even a hint, BMW would prob finally step in to make a clear statement with clarifications.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 03:55 AM   #2181
bmw-m6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Did everyone forget he is a Lexus IS owner.

This could be a sick Lexus, FU BMW joke.

J/K - I really have no doubts at all this is real.

You think someone made a fake Husker auction and it all went from there. Yeah right.
i highly doubt it could be a hoax, as if it were even a hint, BMW would prob finally step in to make a clear statement with clarifications.

i'd be pretty upset if this was a hoax...playing onto ppl's emotions isn't that funny of a prank when you think about the genuine support....which could easier turn into backlash on any/all parties involved (yes, even BMW).
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 04:01 AM   #2182
PadreScout
Dooma Supporter
Rep
Drives: 2001 Mazda Miata

Personally I am looking forward to hearing on Monday that Ken got his car, the dealership got their money, and everybody is happy and all is right with the world.

that would really make my week.

also I'm wondering about that BMW car club of America? I read something about track days about 20 pages back and good golly, I don't own a BMW but the Miata LOVES the track, it could come sniff rears with all the fancy bimmers.

seriously though. I am glad this whole affair seems to be coming to a amicable conclusion.

Yay KEN! Yay Husker! Yay... good deals on fabulous new cars?

What is the moral of this story?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 04:02 AM   #2183
bmw-m6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfive View Post
Here's my take after a week of this forum.
Dooma (ken) works as a sales assistant for Husker Auto. To generate a bidding frenzy he decides to post a low starting bid for the new M3 on e-bay at Fil's direction. The TV dealership's lawyers are hungry and smell potential libel blood in the water. Laszlo also works for Husker and dumps aditional gas on the fire through his postings. After a week of forum and blog chatter Husker auto has in fact increased sales activity on new M3's and places a hundred new orders(north america sales record). The TV dealership's legal team has enough libel suits to keep them employed for the remainder of their careers. As a sidebar, Ken's son in the eighth grade is completing a social studies paper on mob internet mentality and receives an A++ and an immediate PhD. The contract is delayed until April 1 when the greatest hoax of alltime is revealed, rivaling the Sports Illustrated Sidd Finch 168 mph fastballer. Finally, Fil cuts his hair and declares his candidacy for president as an Independent and edges out McCain and Obama for the Whitehouse. His limo turns out to be a version of an extended M3.
so Ken's ebay account listed in CA and established probably years earlier is the same as Fil who has connection in TN but mostly in NE are actually the same person ??

if Ken uses paypal, i'm sure the address will need to be verified, so i doubt they'll be the same person.. unless someone ID theft'd they other big time.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 04:12 AM   #2184
bmw-m6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by takedown8 View Post
Looks like this thing is finally wrapping up with a relatively happy ending!

On a side note, I too am very disappointed with BMW NA. The more I've dealt with BMW dealerships and now seeing how BMW NA is responding, I've been losing faith in this company.

How hypocritical are they? In response to Ken's plight, their response is basically, "We sell dealers cars, and how they choose to sell them is up to them as they are independent companies, etc."

BUT, BMW NA does not allow US dealers to sell new BMW's to Canadians for fear that Canadian BMW dealerships will lose money. They actually threaten the US dealerships with penalties if they do.

So when BMW NA replied the way they did in this case, you just know they're totally full of it.

i agree as well. but if we start experiencing bad selling practices, what makes them think the consumer will buy their car when competing luxury cars are just as good if not better ? (plz don't lynch me as i know this is a BMW forum, just wanted to throw a hypothetical).

heck, if their selling practices are "questionable", how good is really the quality of the manufacturing ? (no cars are perfect).
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 04:16 AM   #2185
bmw-m6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealerRefresh View Post
Hello everyone. You all have done an amazing job of showing the power of the Internet! It looks like an article from DealerRefresh was linked here quite a few pages back, so we thought you all should know we have posted a statement on DealerRefresh from Husker BMW. It can be found here: http://www.dealerrefresh.com/my_webl...ment-from.html

For the record, Dealer Refresh is a site for dealers to learn from one another in various areas of our business. Even though we have used this incident to show other dealers how important it is to keep an eye on their online reputation, we must admit quite a few of us have professional relationships with the parent company of Husker BMW. Until recently, we did not know Husker BMW had a parent company. In our eyes, this does not excuse any of the mistakes Husker BMW may have made, but it does give them a forum on our site to voice their side of things.

We invite you to view the statement, repost it, and/or comment on it at Dealer Refresh. If you do decide to comment on things on our site, please be cognizant of our site rules - they're very much like the ones on this forum.
i followed the link when it was first mentioned. its a very interesting insight. Again, not all dealers are bad, and their industry is CONSTANTLY fighting an uphill battle in customer service/relations. i hope it serves as an educational tool for car customers, used/new car salesmen, and auto service personnel to learn from.

most of us have been through the ordeal of shopping, visiting, and brokering a deal with various salespeople, so its true, the minority ruins the reputation for the majority.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 04:22 AM   #2186
bmw-m6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M5 Power View Post
Looks like things will go fwd Monday and glad Mr. Teppers post seems to confirm this. Really happy for Ken, and BMW of Lincoln. I agree, both parties, hell everyone, has learned a lot here. I wish we would all get this spun up about issues like gas prices, healthcare costs, world hunger or the "no longer available" status of many parts for my 91' M5!!!!

Seriously, since I saw the M3 shortly after its arrival, and have some crappy indoor iphone pics, I will see if the dealership will call me when the shipper arrives and take some better pics of the "load up" before it heads West. This might be a nice photo for Kens scrapbook. Of course, a pic of the VIN would be required, and provided.

Everyone, enjoy your weekend.

Jeff
don't get us started why i gotta choose between a basic beverage or a gallon of gas man !!! lol

everytime i fight off the urge by saying, "i just paid $5 for a 24-ish oz of coffee", when i coulda bought a gallon of gas.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 04:27 AM   #2187
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M5 Power View Post
I wish we would all get this spun up about issues like gas prices, healthcare costs, world hunger or the "no longer available" status of many parts for my 91' M5!!!!
Jeff
      03-30-2008, 04:37 AM   #2188
Chunga
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E90 black saphire 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadreScout View Post
Personally I am looking forward to hearing on Monday that Ken got his car, the dealership got their money, and everybody is happy and all is right with the world.

that would really make my week.

also I'm wondering about that BMW car club of America? I read something about track days about 20 pages back and good golly, I don't own a BMW but the Miata LOVES the track, it could come sniff rears with all the fancy bimmers.

seriously though. I am glad this whole affair seems to be coming to a amicable conclusion.

Yay KEN! Yay Husker! Yay... good deals on fabulous new cars?

What is the moral of this story?

The moral of the story are that here in 2008 the internet is a powerfull thing and when people are together you cant f... with them.
And his business will go on. In 2 weeks noone cant remember the bad things and if you look at the amount of BMW that are sold in the US this forum only have a small % of the costomers. Even thou he got pushed by this minority.
      03-30-2008, 08:06 AM   #2189
morethanahandful
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Convertible (on order)

Post Please Be Judicious With Your Postings!

While things appear encouraging at this point, it would be great if everyone could hold off on the congratulatory posts until Ken has physically taken possession of the M3. The sidebar posts also add to the number of posts unnecessarily. The result in both cases is painful - we must scan a huge number of irrelevant posts just to keep up with the actual developments in this fascinating saga...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 08:13 AM   #2190
BritBoy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Mondeo 20si (Old!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88M3SanDiego View Post
I would be trully amazed if you do not see this event tought in business schools in the near future.
...and today class, we are going to learn about..

The Dooma Effect

and why all businesses and consumer groups should be aware of the possible consequences of it.

Lesson One : You are NOT in control........

Last edited by BritBoy; 03-31-2008 at 03:37 AM.. Reason: It can wait....
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 08:40 AM   #2191
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-m6 View Post
well, then, whats the point of the feedback system in the first place ?

i forgot the feedback comparison, but isn't Ken's a higher number and at 100%, while the dealerships is LESS than Ken's and LESS than 100% ?
To clarify my statement, his feedback was mentioned as a reason why this wouldn't be a hoax meaning he'd be "risking" it. I simply meant that I didn't feel that would be enough of a motivator to prevent someone from doing something like this if in fact it was a hoax.

Yes the feedback system is the model around which ebay is modeled, but it's far from infallible. I've seen everything from retaliatory negative feedback that was unwarranted to feedback profiles that were propped up with phony positives on a bunch of low dollar BIN auctions with multiple accounts on the same day. On my own selling account, I receive feedback on only about 50% of the items I sell. The bottom line is folks know what they want and they want it cheap. They're willing to set aside all reason in hopes that they can score a too good to be true deal.

When it comes to ebay - caveat emptor. THAT is the lesson to be learned from this circus. It just so happens that it applies to sellers as well as Fil has found out.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #2192
blarney
Registered
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

All this and he's giving the smoking deal to a LEASING COMPANY? Arg.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #2193
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarney View Post
Seriously. I think this was a HUGE mistake. Not to mention it could easily screw the pooch for this deal. If they don't come through and fund the transaction as expected tomorrow that will be the end of this saga.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #2194
cngzsn
Rep
Drives: '05 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarney View Post
I believe he is going to have the buy-out option at the end of the lease from the leasing company at a great price, so it is still a good option to go with. However, I agree on the fact that it would be a better option just to buy the car at the beginning, but only because that'd have prevented some additional complications he encountered along the process...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #2195
MonkPDX
Rep
Drives: 03 Infiniti G35c

Financing has been a weak link since the beginning. I smell a Rat here.
No way it can be held up this long. The last 6 new cars I bought ( 1 leased ), I was in and out same day.

edit: However, I did not buy out of State

Last edited by MonkPDX; 03-30-2008 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: added last line
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 02:30 PM   #2196
rainsux
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G35 & Italia

> All this and he's giving the smoking deal to a LEASING COMPANY? Arg.

Amen. I understand the arguments and can run the numbers myself for cash
vs. borrow vs. lease ... but the time for running numbers and making a
decision amongst the possible financial alternative has (nearly?) passed.

> I smell a Rat here.

Gawd I hope you are wrong.

> However, I did not buy out of State

You may have just broken the code. If financing an out-of-state
auto purchase is anything like an out-of-state condo purchase ...
a giant bag o'snakes in my experience. My story, if told here, would
have everyone calling me a congenital liar. Hell; if it hadn't happened
to me, I'd have called anyone else telling the story a congential liar.

Last edited by rainsux; 03-30-2008 at 03:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #2197
Schmed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E70X5, F25X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkPDX View Post
Financing has been a weak link since the beginning. I smell a Rat here.
No way it can be held up this long. The last 6 new cars I bought ( 1 leased ), I was in and out same day.

edit: However, I did not buy out of State
and you probably didn't have the dealer refuse to accept your successful ebay bid
and you probably didn't have the dealer NOT accept your down payment over the phone
and you probably didn't deal with a dealer that:
- can't properly run an e-bay bid even though they frequently sell via e-bay
- can't take a decent picture for the e-bay listing
- has conflicting payment terms on the bid
- etc.

I don't understand the people that are taking the side of the dealer. Dude won the bid. Dealer tried to weasel out of the bid even though they acknowledge it was their mistake. Dealer only reluctantly agrees to honor the bid after the wrath of this posting exposes their multiple failures.

Bottom line for me? Sloppy work by the dealership costs them money. Shut up and get the guy his car and apologize for putting him through this ordeal.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 02:44 PM   #2198
runutzzzzz
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 M5

Nothing wrong with leasing this car. Just because he stole it doesn't mean that the leasing company makes out. Just a lower payment for him.
Residual stays the same it's based off of MSRP NOT purchase price.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 04:03 PM   #2199
MikeDougherty
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2002 Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRedGXP View Post
lol, well there's your problem ... the wife is in the back seat. Can someone explain why there is so much love for BMW's when MB makes AMG versions of their cars? Loyalty is a good thing but the manufacturer needs to earn it and that means all the way down the chain to the car jockey for a BMW dealership. The experience is only as good as the weakest link.

my 2cents.
MB AMG doesn't offer MT. If MB imported a MT they would be above Audi on my eval list.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #2200
ganjadude
Rep
Drives: 99 grand am GT

if we arent allowed PS anymore im sorry, i got bored and delete this post if you feel the need to but i just had to get in on the fun

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread