BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-26-2012, 12:39 AM   #67
HotIce
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
C'mon... you just got here. That thread was nothing.
You mean there's more?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 12:48 AM   #68
Tonifyd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 JB E90M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated ///M View Post
You mean there's more?
Why do such threads bother you?
      03-26-2012, 12:49 AM   #69
annasu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: qwef

May be that's impossible.
      03-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #70
Tonifyd
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by annasu View Post
May be that's impossible.
what is?
      03-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #71
Tonifyd
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tico1028 View Post
Exactly. Damn buying a SC just to beat a C63 in a straight line? Should have just gotten a C63 if you're so worried about it.
No. I don't want a C63. I wanted a manual. I also prefer the looks of the E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
OP should have bought the 63. Another bites the dust. lol
Read above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Peter View Post
I never understand the obsession with mods ... why not get the right car to begin with

[/center]
Why does anyone mod any car? Because the car to be modded is a good platform to begin with, and not all of us can afford ferraris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekrul View Post
Buy a Z06. Rape all. That is the car to buy if you want pure power.
Then you have no luxury or rear seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_M3 View Post
I was shaking my head at first and thinking to myself "this isn't a drag racing car so wtf?" but then it occurred to me that men just have the need for speed! I do as much as the next guy.

But it also sounds like there's a couple things happening here in terms of the OP. Either he's trying to justify buying an M3 over the AMG or he's got a buddy with an AMG that keeps taking little digs at him. In the case of choosing an M3 to drive, there's always going to be faster cars so why the concern over one particular car over the other? If it's a irritating buddy, either grow some thicker skin or turn the tables and invite him to the roadcourse track.
No and no. Again, of course there will always be a car faster than mine, but why should that stop me from modding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YolkyPalky View Post
So true, spending loads of money on all these mods just so you can have the emotional satisfaction that you might be able to "beat a c63" in a drag race makes me think it was a complete waste of money for you to even buy an M3 in the first place.

No matter how fast your M3 is, stock or modded, there will always be loads of cars that can smoke it in a straight-line drag race. A drag racer is not what the M division was trying to build in their M3, if it's such a concern for you, trade yours in and be happy with a c63.
Being able to hang with a C63 in a straight line is fast, but not the fastest. That by itself deems the M3, modded to match the C63 straightline speed, NOT a drag racer. Where are you all getting the assumption of emotional satisfaction this and that? The c63 is the fastest in the straight line in the same class. That puts it at a benchmark, and I want to be able to match it or beat it. This is not because of it's the C63. If the RS5 was faster in a straight line, then I would want to match that as well. It's all about perfecting the balance of the package given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post

If the rignt car for him is a car that look and handle like the M3 but that is a bit faster in a straight , would'n it make the M3 the right car to start with !!?

I think it's clear that someone who wants to go faster with his M3 is not someone who would be willing to lose his sharp handling in favor of a bit more power ! Think about it for a second and you'll understand the point of moding , you wont have to choose between power(c63) or handling(m3) , you can have both by moding a M3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The M3 in stock mode is already a great car. It could be considered as the perfectly balanced car, but some might have different preferences. In my case, everything seems perfect, but I'd like more straight line acceleration. Would I trade straight line speed of the C63, for everything else I like about the M? NO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
Lol, you M3 drivers keep telling yourselves that......

Obviously OP has a grudge against the C63.. Hm i wonder why? Could it be that they are so close in performance that he just HAS to beat one?

Grow some balls and slap and S/C on there and not even worry about the 63, go after bigger fish.
I suppose your car is stock, and you never modded your car's performance for your own satisfaction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baarii View Post
I raced a stock p31 with the above mods, the c didnt even pull an inch. The c63 owner is a forum member. My car's a dct

Full exhaust (catless) around 5k
Tune= 700-1000
Pulley= 350
MS intake= 300-400
Yes, the info that I was looking for, but what were the specs of the C? what year? roll? dig? track? random guy on the street?
      03-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #72
crabman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5M

Quote:
I know Alex, it's just that we Europeans hardly ever mod our cars, we still have my first new e28 from 1987 (my daughter drives her on a daily basis). So we purchase what we like and need and are happy with it. The mod seams to be more a North American desire and that is fine. I guess I should have not commented in the first place ... it's just funny to me to go thru all that expense for a few fractions of a second or even a second or two.

Nevertheless, there are the exceptions and I can understand if in the end all they care about is winning

Anyway I felt it necessary to bring along more beer and popcorn since this will go on for a bit I'm sure
I love ya man. Your posts are usually filled with common sense and seem to come from a man who is grounded and in touch with reality. All that said you are not European. Canada is in North American and has to the best of my knowledge never been in Europe and later transported to North America. The "North Americans" you refer to who I'm assuming are citizens of the US have every bit as much or as little claim to being from a continent they are not from as a Canadian. Not that I would make any such claim. I'm a North American from the US and proud of it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 01:40 AM   #73
HotIce
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonifyd View Post
Why do such threads bother you?
It brings out the best of the best ignorant members on the forums.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 01:45 AM   #74
Trevor .:R
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 ZCP DCT

Garage List
11 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauldramos View Post
Dinan Intake, pulley, exhaust, sw
448hp
325tq
I Will never believe or trust Dinan parts... dyno days prove they loose power on various cars you may say power is gained but imo not as much as it can be. For example my old M3 2008, had Rpi GTM axleback with Rpi scoops and BMC filter, dynoed 356whp Dynojet at EAS, the Dinan Car before me had tune, intake, pulley, throttle bodies, and exhaust he did 344whp... I wont doubt you gained power in some areas but i think in others he lost. Not impressed by Dinan anymore. The Dinan car then bought a Macht Schnell Stage 2 intake system and boosted his car to 350whp that same day same dyno.

Not trying to thread jack this but the C63 will always be brute force, i think a M is more defined, and more of a car to enjoy the Merc seems like something is missing the M has it all. And for straightline i think a ESS 535 can take it.
      03-26-2012, 06:08 AM   #75
Tonifyd
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor .:R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauldramos View Post
Dinan Intake, pulley, exhaust, sw
448hp
325tq
I Will never believe or trust Dinan parts... dyno days prove they loose power on various cars you may say power is gained but imo not as much as it can be. For example my old M3 2008, had Rpi GTM axleback with Rpi scoops and BMC filter, dynoed 356whp Dynojet at EAS, the Dinan Car before me had tune, intake, pulley, throttle bodies, and exhaust he did 344whp... I wont doubt you gained power in some areas but i think in others he lost. Not impressed by Dinan anymore. The Dinan car then bought a Macht Schnell Stage 2 intake system and boosted his car to 350whp that same day same dyno.

Not trying to thread jack this but the C63 will always be brute force, i think a M is more defined, and more of a car to enjoy the Merc seems like something is missing the M has it all. And for straightline i think a ESS 535 can take it.
Same dyno same day?
      03-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #76
thai357sig
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Here's what you do, when your ready to throw down, bring a hot chick, or dude since C 63 drivers usually play for the other team, to distract him. Sneak to his rear tires, let out all the air out of the tire. This will essentially create some hellacious drag on his tires! This method is gauranteed to hand you a win. Keep in mind that you may not want to be around after you win, just keep driving! Also, don't accept a second challenge, even C63 owners would not fall for the same tactic twice.

Go get your kill dude! Come back and let us know how you did.
      03-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #77
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Why does anyone mod any car? Because the car to be modded is a good platform to begin with, and not all of us can afford ferraris.
I know what you mean, I just find that in North America there seams to be quite a lot of this upgrade and modification going on. Then I guess it is more so here in this forum since the ///M3 is such a suitable automobile that can take a few more refinements after all they do it at BMW with the Motorsport Team and this car is build so much stronger. A ///M3 is born only after Engineers and Designers start with a run of the mill 3 Series and then replace about 50% of the components with stronger and better ones as well as modifying up to 80% of the car to come up with a ///M3.

I know the Motorsport Team modifies cars they enter into races quite a bit more then most members modify there ///M cars here.

Who needs a Ferrari if one starts out with a nice ///M3 and adds to it if that is what one likes to do. All I am saying is the average fellow is happy with a ///M3 the way it rolls off the assembly line. Some of you fellows like to add to this so you can be even faster on the track and that is fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
I love ya man. Your posts are usually filled with common sense and seem to come from a man who is grounded and in touch with reality. All that said you are not European. Canada is in North American and has to the best of my knowledge never been in Europe and later transported to North America. The "North Americans" you refer to who I'm assuming are citizens of the US have every bit as much or as little claim to being from a continent they are not from as a Canadian. Not that I would make any such claim. I'm a North American from the US and proud of it.
Perhaps I need to clarify why I use the term "European" and North American" You see I was born and educated in Germany then immigrated at the age of 20 to this fine part of the world that we in Europe often refer to as North America. (I will send you a PM to explain further)

Have a nice day!

Cheers, Rolf

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 03-26-2012 at 09:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #78
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Me too like you i purchase what I like and need and am happy with it , the difference between you and I is that when you look at a M3 , you see a 414hp car , me I see a car that can make 460hp with just a tune and test pipes !
Well I actually drive an ///M3 since fine Engineers and Designers started with a normal middle of the road 3 Series and came up after much thought and modifications test runs with the finest drivers to be found on the N-Ring with a great car called the ///M3. This car as you know comes to life only after some 50% of the components are changed out to withstand the speed and stresses a car is normally exposed to on the track. Then in addition to that they modify up to some 80% of the car before they call it a ///M3. Fine there is the ///M5 and the ///M6, both are fine as well for me the car of choice is the ///M3 it is fine the way it is for me. Might not be for others for me it just is fine as is.

I know this since I've had the good fortune to meet some of those men and woman that work on those fine cars for a living.

I drive this car for the power it has that I can call on when I need it, you see this is my third ///M3 and my first one saved my life when a truck driver fell asleep as I was overtaking him in my e46 almost 10 years ago he wired into my lane of this 2 lane mountain road and almost pushed me over the cliff.

The power of the then 333 HP engine and me leaning on the horn as I got out off the way woke him up and saved properly both our lives.

Bottom line, I drive this car for 3 reasons; A) In my book it's the top of the 3 series line B) it is a safe car and C) it has the power when I need it to get ut off harms way

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #79
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherchenm View Post
LOL!! I knew it, you took the bait!! And yes, that's what I call real proof, what a MB owner wrote on a forum. Don't get me wrong, I know that the C63 is a beast and I respect it. But then, just out of curiosity, what intrested you in an M3 having previously owned a C63 that you seem to defend so vehemently?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #80
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

OH LORD...

E9X M3 NA WILL NOT BEAT A C63 DOESNT MATTER WHAT MODS YOU HAVE MAYBE A STROKER BUT ADD ON BOLT ON YOU JUST CANT... MAYBE IF YOU HAVE A STROKER YOU MIGHT...

AND IF YOU DID... THAT FOO IS PLAYIN WITH YOU...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #81
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
<--- SehrSchnell <--- Rolf .... whispering Hey Schnell why are you hiding? what you do now? Me I'm hiding from the wife

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #82
Edjay
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 AW, 76 2002

Quote:

Then you have no luxury or rear seats.
Ok, then buy a CTS-V then rape all with 4 people in the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #83
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
OH LORD...

E9X M3 NA WILL NOT BEAT A C63 DOESNT MATTER WHAT MODS YOU HAVE MAYBE A STROKER BUT ADD ON BOLT ON YOU JUST CANT... MAYBE IF YOU HAVE A STROKER YOU MIGHT...

AND IF YOU DID... THAT FOO IS PLAYIN WITH YOU...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #84
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

there's no replacement for displacement. Most reasonably priced retail NA option can only extract up to about 30 hp
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #85
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #86
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edjay View Post
Ok, then buy a CTS-V then rape all with 4 people in the car.
who would want that ugly piece of...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #87
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
there's no replacement for displacement. Most reasonably priced retail NA option can only extract up to about 30 hp
theres that and plenty of other HFC with tune that makes around the same gain !
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-19...or-e9x-m3.aspx

and even with just 30hp that would make the M3 equal power with the C63 with less weight !
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #88
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Well I actually drive an ///M3 since fine Engineers and Designers started with a normal middle of the road 3 Series and came up after much thought and modifications test runs with the finest drivers to be found on the N-Ring with a great car called the ///M3. This car as you know comes to life only after some 50% of the components are changed out to withstand the speed and stresses a car is normally exposed to on the track. Then in addition to that they modify up to some 80% of the car before they call it a ///M3. Fine there is the ///M5 and the ///M6, both are fine as well for me the car of choice is the ///M3 it is fine the way it is for me. Might not be for others for me it just is fine as is.

I know this since I've had the good fortune to meet some of those men and woman that work on those fine cars for a living.

I drive this car for the power it has that I can call on when I need it, you see this is my third ///M3 and my first one saved my life when a truck driver fell asleep as I was overtaking him in my e46 almost 10 years ago he wired into my lane of this 2 lane mountain road and almost pushed me over the cliff.

The power of the then 333 HP engine and me leaning on the horn as I got out off the way woke him up and saved properly both our lives.

Bottom line, I drive this car for 3 reasons; A) In my book it's the top of the 3 series line B) it is a safe car and C) it has the power when I need it to get ut off harms way

They explain really well in this video why so many people want to mod their M3 to reach a higher level of performance !

from 2:39min to 3:25min !!

Appreciate 0