BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

07-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #23
ERinEC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
For e92s, the ONLY way for the tint to look good over the dot matrix is by using a black vinyl overlay (I've had and seen them all).

If you're calling around to different tint shops, ask them how they would handle dot matrix and any answer that doesn't include an overlay, hang up.
So an E90 does not have the same dot matrix? I have an E92 and asked the shop about this. I was told they could have the tint lay almost flush against it with no noticeable imperfection
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #24
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERinEC View Post
So an E90 does not have the same dot matrix? I have an E92 and asked the shop about this. I was told they could have the tint lay almost flush against it with no noticeable imperfection
E90 and e92 have 2 totally different rear windshields and the e90 doesn't have the 3" of dot matrix that the e92 has. I'd stay away from that place and find another.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #25
LuRKeR_M3
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
If you are in the Richmond Virginia Area, Virginia Solar Tinting does a great job, excellent customer service... they have tinted 99% of my car club's vehicles and my previous car... Having my new one tinted in a couple weeks, will post pictures when complete...

They are overhauling their website soon, so try not to judge them too much by that...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Virgi...g/138232061526
http://www.virginiasolartinting.com
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #26
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
I'm going to go to Absolute Perfection or Driven Dynamics as soon as my M arrives. I assume Tim at AP is still recommended. They have a $30 off coupon on the site.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 03:25 AM   #27
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Tim at AP for two thumbs up.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #28
AgentCircus
Aviator
Rep
Drives: X3

Can you post an up close pic of your dot matrix?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #29
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Is AP or Driven Dynamics still the best places? I'm getting tint this week and not sure where to go.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #30
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Is AP or Driven Dynamics still the best places? I'm getting tint this week and not sure where to go.
Driven Dynamics is the best place in the Rockville/Gaithersburg area for 3M tint. The owner was my co-workers brother and they do quality work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #31
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev ///Me
Quote:
Driven Dynamics is the best place in the Rockville/Gaithersburg area for 3M tint. The owner was my co-workers brother and they do quality work.
Thanks. My options will probably be limited by who can see me tomorrow or Tuesday on such short notice.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #32
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Here's the info incase anyone else is getting tints before the summer.

Absolute Perfection.

Formula One Classic $120
Formula One Comfort $240
Formula One Pinnacle $350
Llumar Blue front windshield $150

Those prices are for a coupe. Currently there is a $20 coupon for comfort and a $40 coupon for pinnacle. Llumar blue is a clear film that goes on the front windshield which blocks uv rays but doesn't change the color of the windshield so it's legal even if front windshield tinting is illegal in your state.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #33
cap1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MR E92 ZCP

Quote:

Absolute Perfection.

Formula One Classic $120
Formula One Comfort $240
Llumar front windshield $150

Those prices are for a coupe. Currently there is a $20 coupon for comfort and a $40 coupon for pinnacle. Llumar is a clear film that goes on the front windshield which blocks uv rays but doesn't change the color of the windshield so it's legal even if front windshield tinting is illegal in your state.
Great info thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 10:42 PM   #34
pavtu
Rep
Drives: fair lady

Quote:

Absolute Perfection.

Formula One Classic $120
Formula One Comfort $240

Those prices are for a coupe. Currently there is a $20 coupon for comfort and a $40 coupon for pinnacle. Llumar is a clear film that goes on the front windshield which blocks uv rays but doesn't change the color of the windshield so it's legal even if front windshield tinting is illegal in your state.
Thanks for the info. Did which one did you go with? Would you mind posting some pictures of the dot matrix on the back window and on the doors? Hope it came out well, I am looking forward to getting some tint before it gets super hot here.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #35
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavtu
Quote:

Absolute Perfection.

Formula One Classic $120
Formula One Comfort $240

Thanks for the info. Did which one did you go with? Would you mind posting some pictures of the dot matrix on the back window and on the doors? Hope it came out well, I am looking forward to getting some tint before it gets super hot here.
I went with pinnacle and the front windshield and used the $40 off coupon. Its the first time I had the front windshield done and it's so worth it. The car is so much cooler. I got the pinnacle tint because I didn't want to take a chance that it would interfere with my comfort access or other electronics. I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them up.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 11:48 PM   #36
SNOOPY11
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #37
pavtu
Rep

Quote:
I went with pinnacle and the front windshield and used the $40 off coupon. Its the first time I had the front windshield done and it's so worth it. The car is so much cooler. I got the pinnacle tint because I didn't want to take a chance that it would interfere with my comfort access or other electronics. I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them up.
Sounds good, that would probably be my choice as well. What really held me up was the dot matrix issue. I understand the whole "not perfect" concept of tinting over it, but some of the cars just look way too sloppy and a couple of shops I called didn't do the vinyl strip. So, that kept me on the fence for awhile, but I saw someone's picture of the back window done at this place and it looked pretty good and I am kind of optimistic. Anyways, thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #38
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavtu View Post
Sounds good, that would probably be my choice as well. What really held me up was the dot matrix issue. I understand the whole "not perfect" concept of tinting over it, but some of the cars just look way too sloppy and a couple of shops I called didn't do the vinyl strip. So, that kept me on the fence for awhile, but I saw someone's picture of the back window done at this place and it looked pretty good and I am kind of optimistic. Anyways, thanks for sharing.
It's raining too much to get a pic of the dot matrix so I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I don't think he used a vinyl strip but he spoke about the dot matrix and said how well it turned out and it looks fine. I think these guys are pretty good since they don't use a vinyl strip yet it turns out well. My hands don't get hot anymore while on the steering wheel thanks for the front film. If you're keeping your car for a long time I suggest you get it to protect yourself and the interior from harmful uv rays.

This is with legal 40% tint on all the windows and the legal blue film on the front windshield. It's still pretty dark for being legal.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #39
pavtu
Rep

looks pretty sweet from here
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 07:07 PM   #40
JerezBlkM3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Coupe

Your car looks great! I also went with Tim at Absolute Perfection and he did an excellent job with the dot matrix on my E92 M3. I also got the 40% F1 Pinnacle ceramic tint so it didn't interfere with comfort access and have been pleased. I think it would have been great to get the light tint on the windshield too as my dark interior bakes in the sun through the windshield. Overall very happy with the product and service at AP!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #41
pavtu
Rep

any dot matrix shots?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 12:38 PM   #42
JerezBlkM3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavtu View Post
any dot matrix shots?
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but here are some shots that I took today in the mid-day sun. I mixed the shots to get up-close and far away shots in different areas of the rear glass. Let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0