BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches

02-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #287
bing240sx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C /// E90 M3 ESS-VT2

^^^

this is one of my favs, i picked one up a couple years ago and am wearing it now.

only way to make it better is by putting it on the Cordura Strap with Omega deployment

here's mine

02-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #288
trapshot68
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan

^^ yeah, been looking around for the deployment clasp. $$$, but then after that, you can pretty much run any strap you want.

Actually looking at a bunch of straps to throw on it. Only thing I don't like about the bracelet now is no half-link options, so it's a smidge tight, or little loose.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #289
bing240sx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C /// E90 M3 ESS-VT2

btw, if you want to go leather i have a few extra authentic Omega straps and buckles that have never been used... i buy them for future watches as i come across them since it's such a pain in the ass to buy from old women that work in the jewellery stores that get the Omega licenses.

the only way to get around that hassle is to go right to an Omega boutique, if you're near one.

that's my Cal 265 Omega and a few of the extra straps i have... i think i have 3 extra straps and an extra deployment
      02-25-2013, 11:28 PM   #290
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
Super bummed. Today I crashed on my motorcycle, got pretty banged up, but the worst part is I was wearing my Submariner, and it got tatered in the crash.
ouch, that sucks....

how's the bike?

and most importantly, how are you? other then bummed.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #291
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Thanks.

Bike's probably totalled. I'm alive, broke my left ring finger, left big toe, and a couple ribs, rashed up at all 4 corners. Certainly could have been much worse, it was a wicked highside crash that sent me flying, then rolling.

I'm hoping my insurance will cover the watch. Bracelet is damaged and bezel is gone, still functions though.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #292
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Fu--! That sucks, definitely probably the longest few seconds of your life eh? We're you riding alone? Or we're there friends around to help out?

And definitely could have been a lot worse. Thinking you'll replace the bike?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #293
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

All your watch do is tell time....oh how 1999 of you!
https://www.lunatik.com/products/lunatik
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #294
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
All your watch do is tell time....oh how 1999 of you!
https://www.lunatik.com/products/lunatik
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they stopped making that Nano long ago didn't they? So how 2005 of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
That's the reason you don't get laid.
Watches are manly jewelry, and the ladies like them . they like to see guys passionate about things. Makes them hot

But wearing an outdated iPod on your wrist.... Makes them think you are a technologically advanced hipster and they will avoid you Nobody wants to watch you play with your watch. And with that on your wrist, that's all you'll do.

And what happens when the charge runs out half way through the day on you? Put it in your back pocket out of embarrassment?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #295
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

Nah they still make the Nano....I think! =)
But just goes to show you elegent design doesn't have to cost you an arm a leg.
Not bad for all of $40 =)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #296
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

ooo and i thought my $500 casio gshock giez was a big deal then I walked into this thread.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #297
krown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpina B6

Gotta love them Speedys. This is mine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #298
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

I'm not sure if I'll replace the bike. I have an old Harley Shovelhead so I wouldn't be without a bike if I didn't replace the Duck.

If it gets totalled, I'll buy it back and sell it to the bike shop guy who said he'd buy it. If it gets repaired, I still may sell it and pocket the repair cash and still end up where I started money-wise.

Leaning more towards taking the money and getting a truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
Fu--! That sucks, definitely probably the longest few seconds of your life eh? We're you riding alone? Or we're there friends around to help out?

And definitely could have been a lot worse. Thinking you'll replace the bike?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #299
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I really like the classic look of the submariner, but I'm cheap so I bought an Invicta that looks just like it. I've had it for years now and still going strong. I love it.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #300
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
I love my Submariner and Daytona. Nice watches but balls cut the crap and get a Patek!
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #301
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
IWC Portuguese is a sweet watch. Used ones definitely under 5 grand.
Best watch in the thread, but I've not seen them even second hand, in good condition, under $7,500 or so.

IMHO, this is one that would be worth the stretch for OP and perhaps tick off many of his boxes, not to mention being a unique and timeless classic.
      03-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #302
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Haha I just realized the OP was actually looking for suggestions. I thought it was one of those random post your watch threads.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #303
giaolong
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi, Genesis, IS300

Joining the watch world.
Im a young watch lover lol.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #304
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I have a general question for you watch guys. Comfort. When I get up in the morning and put on a watch, it fits me very nicely and moves around a little bit. By the time lunch rolls around, the watch is essentially a part of my wrist and if I take it off I have red marks where the band sat. It's quite uncomfortable. Are yours very loose in the morning then tightening as you warm up throughout the day to a comfortable tightness or are yours all very tight and not moving around? Would a leather band help with this?

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #305
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I have a general question for you watch guys. Comfort. When I get up in the morning and put on a watch, it fits me very nicely and moves around a little bit. By the time lunch rolls around, the watch is essentially a part of my wrist and if I take it off I have red marks where the band sat. It's quite uncomfortable. Are yours very loose in the morning then tightening as you warm up throughout the day to a comfortable tightness or are yours all very tight and not moving around? Would a leather band help with this?
I've found that a few times with steel bracelets. I figure depends how much you're hydrating during the day and such. You're probably least hydrated first thing in the morning which may account for it being loose.

You may want a little larger bracelet to start the day and to be comfortable by the end of the day. Otherwise consider moving over to leather which will expand a little more as it warms up and such.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #306
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
I tend to suffer from the same issue through the day with a bracelet, leather straps and even NATO straps. Fit on a strap depends on the leather band, if they have a deployant, you can adjust them similar to a bracelet, but traditional straps can make it hard to get a good fit if you end up between holes. I do think straps are a little more forgiving than bracelets, and there's nothing more annoying than a loose bracelet, aside from them being so tight your hand turns blue.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #307
S_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Quote:
I agree. My current main rotation is an Omega PO 45mm, Breitling Avenger, and Sinn U1. I bought them all on bracelets, but I wound up buying rubber for all of them. It's MUCH more comfortable. I also happen to love the look, it really brings out the dial on a watch with good AR coating. I prefer the rubber to leather, but thats a personal choice. I can still put it off with business casual dress so its perfect for me.

Like you said, by noon the bracelet really grabs to your wrist, I'm wearing my U1 on the bracelet right now and I wish I had the rubber. The other big advantage is weight. These are heavy watches, but almost half of the weight is in the bracelet.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #308
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Yeah, I'm wearing my Sinn 856 on the bracelet, and tend to through the winter, but once it warms up I switch it and my other watches over to nylon NATO or Zulu straps. This also keeps me from having to clean the bracelet as often, in the summer, they can get a little funky.
Appreciate 0